Done / Completed DONE

As well as even calling a customer crazy and trying to ban him hopefully all will be happy in the end.
As long as there is no good explenation for not noticing that hole, in my opinion the buyer caused hit himself. If he then tries to get a free replacement, I think this is something to frown upon, at the least...

Were there not problems down the road with this?
??? I really don't see what my remark about the cap has to do with a hole in the bottle of the guy that started this? As the cap is concerned, a lot of (cheap) alternatives, even better than the cap of the first version of the bottle, has been pointed out by other members here. So that issue is solved as far as I'm concerned...

I agree with you there it still does not warrent the reply from serenab as I have said before BOTH parties should have handled this diffrently.

The cap remark was where I thought if he had been clearer and communicated better none of that would have happned

As long as there is no good explenation for not noticing that hole, in my opinion the buyer caused hit himself. If he then tries to get a free replacement, I think this is something to frown upon, at the least...

??? I really don't see what my remark about the cap has to do with a hole in the bottle of the guy that started this? As the cap is concerned, a lot of (cheap) alternatives, even better than the cap of the first version of the bottle, has been pointed out by other members here. So that issue is solved as far as I'm concerned...

Also notice that johnlee is silent now. No explenation about the hole, but the guy gets a free new bottle... I have little bit the feeling "If you shout loud enough, you get what you want in the end." Indeed Sarednab's communication could be a bit more transparant, but now I think this guy is taking advantage of that communication issue to get a replacement bottle for the one he probably broke himself trying to wash them all together in the sink, breaking one of them as a result, just late that sometimes happpens when you put a bunch of coffie cups in the sink: when they touch eacht other a bit too hard, they chip...

Anyway, Sarednab / Michelle / whoever is nice enough to send this replacement just to silence him, although the only valid point the guy has, is about more clear communication about the little flaws. To be honest: I would NEVER send this guy a replacement bottle because I would never believe that the broken corner was there when he received it. But hey, it's Sarednab's run, not mine...

Also notice that johnlee is silent now. No explenation about the hole, but the guy gets a free new bottle... I have little bit the feeling "If you shout loud enough, you get what you want in the end." Indeed Sarednab's communication could be a bit more transparant, but now I think this guy is taking advantage of that communication issue to get a replacement bottle for the one he probably broke himself trying to wash them all together in the sink, breaking one of them as a result, just late that sometimes happpens when you put a bunch of coffie cups in the sink: when they touch eacht other a bit too hard, they chip...

Notice that I'm silent? Are you serious? You mean because I actually have a life and don't reply every few minutes (especially during work hours here in Los Angeles), I have nothing to say? Boy, have you got it wrong. I have plenty to say. And I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm not shy about expressing my opinion either.

I haven't read all of the replies since I last checked in, but I'll reply to you first because I noticed that bit about my "silence" and then get to whatever else is on the thread, if any.

I didn't break the bottle my myself. Here is a pic of the hole again:

39972440141_e2bd5a4760_b.jpg

How did the hole get there? I have no idea. I didn't do it. I didn't break the bottle. I'm not dumb enough to put several bottles into the sink to wash them. This is especially so when the bottles are junk and all three of them teeter precariously.

I didn't notice the hole when I first looked at the bottles. Maybe the hole was on the third bottle and my attention span by then was less? (My three bottles arrived on three different days so I'm sure I paid the most attention to the first bottle.) Maybe I didn't notice the hole because it's on a corner and doesn't reflect the light like the flat surfaces of the bottle? I have no idea.

The first time I noticed the hole was when I brought out the bottles a few days ago to wash them. I filled the bottle about halfway with water and put one hand over the mouth to seal it and then shook the bottle. I noticed water splashing about so I thought I wasn't sealing the mouth well enough. I really didn't think anything about it. I just double-checked that my hand was placed correctly over the mouth and shook again. Then I noticed more water was spilling. So I looked more carefully and then WTF THERE'S A HOLE IN THE BOTTLE.

I was pissed. I still am. This hole was the last straw for me. I had been disappointed at every stage of my dealings with Sarednab. He said he would ship in 15-20 days. He didn't. He said he would combine shipping on the three bottles. He didn't. He said he would send me three of his nicest bottles. He didn't. I had put up with that, but when he wouldn't send a replacement bottle I was really pissed.

I think this guy is taking advantage of that communication issue to get a replacement bottle for the one he probably broke himself trying to wash them all together in the sink, breaking one of them as a result, just late that sometimes happpens when you put a bunch of coffie cups in the sink: when they touch eacht other a bit too hard, they chip...

OK, ask yourself this. Have you ever broken a square cup or bottle at the corner? We've all broken various glass pieces in our lives, so we sort of know how glass breaks. We've all seen sinks or bath tubs dropped. In these cases, the corners don't really break. The corner is by nature the strongest area. In glass, the corner is even stronger because of the surface tension of the molten glass makes the glass physically thicker at the corners, i.e., the molten glass hugs and collects in the corners the way water would. With the three-dimensional structure of the corner and the thicker glass at the corner because of the surface tension of the molten glass, the corner of a glass bottle is several times stronger than the flat areas. This is why when you drop a square glass or sink or whatever and it shatters, the corners are usually intact. We've all seen this when we broke stuff ourselves or seen broken stuff flying on HGTV or whatever. It doesn't take a genius to figure this out.

Here is a pic of the hole again:

39972440141_e2bd5a4760_b.jpg

Under your theory, I had several bottles in the sink and they klinked together. Sure, that's a plausible theory. But look at that photo again and then imagine in your head how glass breaks and then reconcile that with a missing CORNER of my bottle.

If I had tipped a bottle and it hit against another bottle or the wall of the sink, do you really think the CORNER of the glass would break and nothing else would?

Come on, dude. I realize it's asking a lot, but use your head here. Glass doesn't break like that. This bottle is useless now with the hole in it, so if you guys want me to, I'll drop it into something hard but still contained and recover the pieces. You'll see dozens of glass pieces but the corners will be intact. This is because the corners are the strongest parts of the bottle.

Or, at least they are on most bottles. I'm not sure what happened on the Gypsy Glassworks bottle that Sarednab sent me. I can say though that the glass in that broken area is micro-thin. It's like two or three layers of packing tape kind of thin. Maybe there was an air bubble there that made the glass so thin that even water broke it? I have no idea. All I know is that I didn't break this bottle.

I'm also not trying to swindle a free bottle from Sarednab. First of all, that would be like trying to get blood from a stone. It's impossible. I also have better things to do than trying to score a free bottle. I ordered three of these bottles at $400 apiece. That's $1200 for three bottles. And I was going to give two of them away to drinking friends as gifts. I say this not to boast, but only to show that I'm not hurting for money. I'm not rich and I'm not claiming I am. (In fact, I wish I were rich.) All I'm saying is that it's not a stretch for me to blow $1200 on three liquor bottles. I have better things to do than trying to score a free bottle.

I also know how to play internet games. For example, Sarednab is selling 100% perfect BR bottles on ebay under one of his many different usernames:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Blade-Runn...798764?hash=item33e08efaac:g:RDEAAOSwDkVaaknV

If I wanted this bottle for free, I know how to do it. I would just buy it now on ebay and then open a dispute with ebay and claim I never received it. I would win. It wouldn't matter of Sarednab had the tracking number and it showed DELIVERED and signed for by John Lee. None of that matters on eBay. The buyer wins every time on eBay. So if I wanted a free bottle scored Sarednab-style, I know how to do it.

This is so tiring, saying that Sarednab is calling the guy names and all when the guy just registered on the rpf to complain 2 months after receiving the bottles. That guy is calling all of us names, I hate that, we are not children playing with lightsabers, just movie enthusiasts that love art and are very open minded. That guy doesn't deserve a new bottle, he is still complaining and he is saying that all of the bottles he received were crap, he his going to say the same with the new one. why even bother...
good luck guys, your bottles are awesome :thumbsup

I must have struck a nerve with the lightsaber comment. LOL.

@johnlee send me in private your shipping address!
I'll send you a bottle that we sell on eBay for perfect bottle! JUST REMEMBER THAT ALL BOTTLES ARE HANDMADE AND ALL BOTTLE COULD HAVE IMPERFECTION!!!

I'll made a VIDEO and I'll put it in this thread. A video of the bottle and its package, so EVERYONE COULD SEE IT!!! EVERYONE could see the bottle and everyone could see the package!
I'll send you the bottle, no matter if you left me a negative feedback (a user with reputation -1), no matter if you broke your bottle and it is your fault. I just don't wanna hear nothing more from you cause I'm tired to hear you.

Send me your shipping address and I'll provide immediately to made the video for all people here of your new bottle!

You have just pay the shipping cost. I’ll send you details for shipping cost and where to pay after you send me your shipping address by PM

No, that's not satisfactory. Not at all.

First of all, you're planning to send me another reject/junk bottle. JUST REMEMBER THAT ALL BOTTLES ARE HANDMADE AND ALL BOTTLE COULD HAVE IMPERFECTION!!! in Sarenab-ese means junk reject/junk bottle.

I know this from experience, as does everyone who bought a bottle from you on this thread. You promised us perfect or at least excellent bottles. You showed us pictures like these:

001.jpg005.jpg004.jpg003.jpg002.jpg

When you failed to deliver what was in those photos, you tried to deflect and slither your way out of it by using euphemisms like HANMADE.

Do you think I'm some dumb 20-something beard millennial hipster who is enthralled with the word CRAFT? I'm not. I'm pushing 50. I've been around a while. I know the difference between handmade and reject. You want handmade? This is handmade:

Riedel Somm glasses are handmade. While no two are identical, they don't have air bubbles or lean or teeter or whatever. They're exquisite glasses. "Handmade" for those glasses is an adjective. To you, "handmade" is a coverup for lousy quality.

So, no, don't bother sending me another one of your rejects. I already have those. Send me a perfect bottle or forget it. I'm not even being greedy here. You promised me three perfect bottles and thus far I have zero. Even if you sent me a perfect bottle, I would only be one for three and you would still be two bottles ahead. So I'm not going to budge here.

Another thing I won't budge on is shipping. I'm not going to give you another penny. I paid you $1200 already and all I have are two junky bottles and one with a hole in it. I'm not paying for shipping either.

Attachments

• s-l1600 (3).jpg
    s-l1600 (3).jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 105
  • s-l1600 (2).jpg
    s-l1600 (2).jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_4563.jpg
    IMG_4563.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_4555.jpg
    IMG_4555.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_4554.jpg
    IMG_4554.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 112
Last edited by a moderator:
I stopped reading your post after this sentence, mate:
I realize it's asking a lot, but use your head here.
If this is how you communicate with people, you have bigger communication issues than Sarednab has. Your "explenation" about not noticing the hole months ago doesn't make sense in my opinion. Also I don't see why the corner of the bottle would be indistructable for cracking? Things that stick out, just like corners are the most vurnable. I have square whiskey glasses at home, and yes, I broke a corner of one of them by putting it in the dishwasher a bit too hard.

Anyway, it's your problem, mate. With an attitude like that, don't expect any sympathy from me. As far as I'm concerned, you do not deserve a replacement. This probably is the first prop you bought here on the RPF. Maybe let it be your last and buy from eBay next time... :angry

You said:
So, no, don't bother sending me another one of your rejects. I already have those. Send me a perfect bottle or forget it.
Well, Sarednab explained that they all have very minor flaws and none is 100% perfect. So you don't want a replacement it seems. Great. Then why Sarednab would bother?

I stopped reading your post after this sentence, mate:

If this is how you communicate with people, you have bigger communication issues than Sarednab has. Your "explenation" about not noticing the hole months ago doesn't make sense in my opinion. Also I don't see why the corner of the bottle would be indistructable for cracking? Things that stick out, just like corners are the most vurnable. I have square whiskey glasses at home, and yes, I broke a corner of one of them by putting it in the dishwasher a bit too hard.

Anyway, it's your problem, mate. With an attitude like that, don't expect any sympathy from me. As far as I'm concerned, you do not deserve a replacement. This probably is the first prop you bought here on the RPF. Maybe let it be your last and buy from eBay next time... :angry

You said:
Well, Sarednab explained that they all have very minor flaws and none is 100% perfect. So you don't want a replacement it seems. Great. Then why Sarednab would bother?

People like you crack me up.

In your mind, it's all right if you call me a liar and accuse me of trying to score a free bottle.

But if I tell you to use your head, that's an outrage?

Yeah.

People like you crack me up.
I crack you up? Well, you cracked up your bottle. :devil I'll leave it with that, johnlee. You made quite a nice entrance at the RPF. Curious to see if you also will actually contribute to the community in the future. Have a nice life, mate. I hope your attitude in real life is a bit nicer than here.

TomVDJ signing out of this thread. Better things to do...

I crack you up? Well, you cracked up your bottle. :devil I'll leave it with that, johnlee. You made quite a nice entrance at the RPF. Curious to see if you also will actually contribute to the community in the future. Have a nice life, mate. I hope your attitude in real life is a bit nicer than here.

LOL. No wonder you and Sarednab are pals. You were made for each other.

You both have Indiana Jones avatars:

26138745088_29f7ca7fe7_o.gif 39979787612_abd236c672_o.jpg

And you both love to declare victory right before declaring goodbye.

Does anyone have any tips about how to apply the decals/ribbon/button?

Thanks in advance

A credit card works wonders on the decals. Apply the decal from one side and use the credit card to smooth out the decal as you progress to the other side which will eliminate air bubbles.

Best of luck.

He said he WOULD send you a perfect bottle, but as it looks now you are rejecting his offer as well as adding insult to injury.

Good luck on getting any satisfaction from him now as well as blacklisting yourself from buying from any sellers on here :unsure

So, no, don't bother sending me another one of your rejects. I already have those. Send me a perfect bottle or forget it. I'm not even being greedy here. You promised me three perfect bottles and thus far I have zero. Even if you sent me a perfect bottle, I would only be one for three and you would still be two bottles ahead. So I'm not going to budge here.

Another thing I won't budge on is shipping. I'm not going to give you another penny. I paid you $1200 already and all I have are two junky bottles and one with a hole in it. I'm not paying for shipping either.

He said he WOULD send you a perfect bottle, but as it looks now you are rejecting his offer as well as adding insult to injury.
Good luck on getting any satisfaction from him now as well as blacklisting yourself from buying from any sellers on here :unsure

Apollo, I appreciate the support you have given me on this thread (multiple times), but I think in this case you fell sucker for the Sarednab double-speak. I'm actually surprised you fell for that, because apparently you were able to see through Sarednab's other/multiple deflections and teflon talk. But one this one time you fell for his double-talk.

He was never going to send me a perfect bottle. Yes, it's true that Sarednab did mention the word "perfect" in his offer to send a "perfect" bottle to me. But then he ruined his offer with the JUST REMEMBER THAT ALL BOTTLES ARE HANDMADE AND ALL BOTTLE COULD HAVE IMPERFECTION!!! This is Sarednab-ese gypsy talk for "I'm sending you a junker/reject bottle. I'm going to video it with great fanfare and music to show that it doesn't have a hole in the corner of it like your previous bottle, but it'll be a junker bottle that I have dozens of sitting in crates and that I can't get rid of on ebay for $200 OBO using either of my 20 ebay accounts and I'm going to declare victory and show what a great guy I am. And if you complain about the quality of the bottle, you're SOL because it for sure didn't have a HOLE in it and people like TomVDJ will back me as a witness."

I refuse to play that game with Sarednab.

And on top of that, he added insult to injury because he wanted me to pay for shipping to ship the replacement bottle to me. Sorry, but I won't do that. As I said in my previous post, Sarednab promised me three perfect bottles and he sent me two junker bottles and one with a hole in it. Even if he did send me a perfect bottle, I still would be getting less than what Sarednab and I agreed upon previously and what I already paid for. Why would I pay additional freight on top of that? Forget that. I won't do it.

You may think I'm being unreasonable, and you're certainly entitled to your opinion. Maybe I am being unreasonable. But I'm not going to budge another inch with Sarednab. He promised me three perfect bottles. He didn't deliver. He said he would ship in November so that I the entire reason for my buying three bottles from him (Christmas gifts for friends) would work. He didn't deliver on that either. He said he would combine shipping on my three bottles. He didn't do that. At all of those stages of disappointment, I didn't complain. I wanted the bottles so I just went along. The hole in the bottle was the last straw. I'm totally pissed off now. Now I'm out $1200 and I have two junker bottles and one with a hole in it. At this point, I'm so angry and flustered that I refuse to pay another cent to this guy.

@johnlee: well, that's settled then. Sarednab offered a solution, you declined and added terms as "Sarednab-ese gypsy talk". I think you can forget any goodwill from Sarednab now.

As for applying the decals: use masking tape for outlining where the decals should come! Apply the masking tape on the correct location on the bottle, and than place the actual label exactly against the border of the masking tape. To illustrate:

Bottle.png

Blue is the bottle, yellow is the masking tape, red are the decals. You can apply the masking tape as much as you want, to get the position perfect, and once that's done, apply the actual label. I think this is the safest way to position them perfectly.

@johnlee: well, that's settled then. Sarednab offered a solution, you declined and added terms as "Sarednab-ese gypsy talk". I think you can forget any goodwill from Sarednab now.

Settled? Are you speaking on behalf of Sarednab? Or are you nudging Sarednab and telling him not to send me a replacement bottle? Because to me it sounds like the latter. I've noticed from your other posts that you like to talk like that.

Also, are you back already? I thought you had better things to do:

We'll see what Sarednab decides to do. I'll wait to hear from Sarednab and not you.

Settled? Are you speaking on behalf of Sarednab? Or are you nudging Sarednab and telling him not to send me a replacement bottle? Because to me it sounds like the latter. I've noticed from your other posts that you like to talk like that.
What the...??? You declined his offer! You told us (= the complete RPF forum) that you would not accept a replacement bottle + you said you will not pay for shipping it to you. What do you expect now? I don't speak on behalf of Sarednab, I speak for myself when I say you pretty much lost all credit here with your behaviour.
Also, are you back already? I thought you had better things to do.
Right, and I have better things to do, like giving people tips on how to apply the decals... More constructive than the things you are posting here.
We'll see what Sarednab decides to do. I'll wait to hear from Sarednab and not you.
I also don't want to hear from you, but here you are posting. I'll mind my own business, please do the same. But one last thing: you really expect Sarednab to give this another thought after all you said and after declining his offer to send you a new bottle? Come on... are you serious? :facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

Last edited:
I'll mind my own business, please do the same. But one last thing: you really expect Sarednab to give this another thought after all you said and after declining his offer to send you a new bottle? Come on... are you serious? :facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

I should mind my own business? Are you serious?

Sarednab was the seller; I was the buyer. I'm not quite sure where you're supposed to fit into this. And you want me to mind MY own business?

Just as it's okay in your mind to call me a liar but it's an outrage if I tell you to use your head, you seem to think that you're the one minding his own business here while I'm the officious one.

I think you could use a reality check. Seriously, take a look in the mirror.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back