Done / Completed DONE

The real question burning me up is what will become of the bottle with a hole in it? :cool

Frankly, I'm not sure what to the bottle at this point.

I suppose any kind of settlement with Sarednab could involve destroying the bottle and making it disappear from the face of the earth.

If I never reach any kind of settlement with Sarednab, I think I'll try to mitigate my losses and list the bottle for sale, disclose all its flaws, price it at a discount, and hope for the best. I would think the bottle would be useless as a liquor bottle because of the hole, but perhaps someone knows how to repair it.

Or, more likely, someone might actually want an empty BR bottle for this kind of look:

88c037c8bcf916ea6148f2400e96386a--sean-young-blade-runner.jpg

or something like this:

Bladerunner-Interiors-00201.jpg

or this:

Bladerunner-Interiors-Documentary-0039.jpg

Who knows. I certainly don't.

If you're interested in the bottle, let me know and I'll give you first crack at it if I decide to sell it.

Sarednab was the seller; I was the buyer. I'm not quite sure where you're supposed to fit into this.
YOU started it all with bringing this in this thread, mate! If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen! You are angry on people giving their opinion, just because it doesn't fit in your way of thinking? If you can't stand people not choosing your side, please don't debate things in public!
And you want me to mind MY own business?
Indeed. Ever heard of PRIVATE messages? Solve it that way instead of using this thread to solve your own personal problem, especially if you get angry so easily because people don't see it your way...
Just as it's okay in your mind to call me a liar but it's an outrage if I tell you to use your head, you seem to think that you're the one minding his own business here while I'm the officious one.
Yes, your behaviour here is really not OK. If you don't realize that, something is wrong with you.
I think you could use a reality check.
Reality check? You just seem to be angry on EVERYBODY because of a hole in a bottle. That's your reality right there, mate!
Seriously, take a look in the mirror.
I like what I see in the mirror. Where is your mirror? In an assylum?

Does anyone have any tips about how to apply the decals/ribbon/button?

Thanks in advance

Hi Duck9000, I did step by step of how I put my stickers and wax seal on the bottle Sarednab sent me. Here's my video and if you fast forward to about the half way point you'll see how I put my stickers and seal and ribbon on. I'm very pleased with the results and I hope this helps?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Duck9000, I did step by step of how I put my stickers and wax seal on the bottle Sarednab sent me. Here's my video and if you fast forward to about the half way point you'll see how I put my stickers and seal and ribbon on. I'm very pleased with the results and I hope this helps?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQLhEM3ajBk

20180208_180658adj.jpg

MystArt - Thanks for the video! Between your video some screen caps from the film and the chart Sarednab provided, I managed to pull it off nicely! Question - those colorful silicon caps you found for long term storage. Did they arrive, did they work and what brand are they. I think I am going to do the same thing for long term. Sally Hansen looks great on mine as well. Cheers!

View attachment 794425

MystArt - Thanks for the video! Between your video some screen caps from the film and the chart Sarednab provided, I managed to pull it off nicely! Question - those colorful silicon caps you found for long term storage. Did they arrive, did they work and what brand are they. I think I am going to do the same thing for long term. Sally Hansen looks great on mine as well. Cheers!

Your timing is excellent circa1964 because after 8 WEEKS! (sheesh!) the silicone toppers finally got here and they fit perfectly! I can tip the bottle on its side with this on and it won't leak or splash out. It's a perfect cork replacement.
So I'm using this silicone topper for everyday storage and then if I want to impress guests, I'll slip on the Sally Hansen.

IMG_20180207_154057.jpgIMG_20180207_154113.jpgIMG_20180207_154132_1.jpg

Is it possible to stand down the edges so that it'll fit underneath the metal cap that Sarednab included?

Your timing is excellent circa1964 because after 8 WEEKS! (sheesh!) the silicone toppers finally got here and they fit perfectly! I can tip the bottle on its side with this on and it won't leak or splash out. It's a perfect cork replacement.
So I'm using this silicone topper for everyday storage and then if I want to impress guests, I'll slip on the Sally Hansen.

View attachment 794531View attachment 794532View attachment 794533

hmmmm I think it might be a bit tight in there. Let me try it out. What's the best thing to smooth silicone with? Sandpaper?

Not sure the silicone would be thin enough even after sanding. MystArt - Do you know the name brand of the toppers you got? Thanks!

Someone commented on my videos that it's a good thing these bottles are glass and not crystal because lead from actual crystal decanters eventually seeps into the booze, is that right?

Yes, lead seeps into liquid over time. Crystal owners are supposed to wash crystal before usage, and then avoid storing liquid in crystal for more than a few days at a time. Lead percentages may vary depending on the crystal used. However, people still use lead glass because of its beauty, the craftsman involved, and increased structural strength.

Not sure the silicone would be thin enough even after sanding.

So some good news-ish. I whittled down the edges of one of the toppers with a knife, a pretty rudimentary attempt just see if it would work and yes it is possible to get that upper ring to reduce and then Sarednab's original topper will slide over top. It's a little bit of a squeeze, I would need to be more precise with the knife but yes it is doable. I hope that helps.

I may post an update video on my findings.

So some good news-ish. I whittled down the edges of one of the toppers with a knife, a pretty rudimentary attempt just see if it would work and yes it is possible to get that upper ring to reduce and then Sarednab's original topper will slide over top. It's a little bit of a squeeze, I would need to be more precise with the knife but yes it is doable. I hope that helps.

I may post an update video on my findings.

Nice! I will give it a go when my toppers arrive. A video would always be nice. :) Thanks for this info!

I received my glass last week. I purchased one of the "imperfect" versions. To be honest, I'm not 100 percent sure what is imperfect about it! I think there is some waviness to the glass in a few spots but I absolutely love it. It sits flat with 99.9 percent no wobbling. It was very well packaged and I'm glad I made this purchase. Now I look forward to applying the stickers and figuring out a solution for the cap storage/usage issue. Thanks to Sarednab for making these available again.

As promised here's an update about my bottle. I got those toppers and a few folks here had questions about whether they would fit under the original top etc. Enjoy!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back