EFX Grogu animatronic

As a side note to EFX…”Where’s all the awesome s$&t that Gino worked on”. Thats all I’m interested in.
Gino has his own copy and ...

thatsallfolks.gif

Rumoured to be $100000. Lol. Who in their right mind would buy it. Not to mention things like this will require maintenance and the fact it’s silicone/rubber being it won’t last forever. I’m more than happy with my sideshow.

Ben
Every time I see a “rumored” number it has been higher than the previous. First it was 25k. Then 50. Then 80. Now 100k.

Hey, I hear it’s rumored to be $125K. :lol:

Kind of funny.

No way Jon or Dave is getting a 4 million dollar puppet as a souvenir these days. Ben Affleck asked Warner Brothers if he could keep one of the Bat Suits (They made a ton for the movies), they told him he could have one for $200,000. It was molded to his body, they couldn't really use it for another actor without massive rework... they still wouldn't give it to him. They did loan it to him for his sons birthday party. The point I'm making is that studios are way more conscious of the value of these props and costumes than they were in the good old days (in the collector market).

Every time I see a “rumored” number it has been higher than the previous. First it was 25k. Then 50. Then 80. Now 100k.

Hey, I hear it’s rumored to be $125K. :lol:

Kind of funny.
The thing is that these are supposed to be one-offs built to the wants and needs of the purchaser. If you can decide how many points of articulation it has, etc, it makes sense that the number varies widely, etc.

But that doesn't take away from the fact that it will be ridiculously expensive. It's built using themapark hardware, not off the shelf stuff like Grant's. That has bot advantages and disadvantages.

But overall I wouldn't be surprised if EFX is not expecting to sell any, and were just planning on using it as a PR stunt to sell other products. I'm a little shocked Garner Holt worked on this with them, I would have expected them to look at their track record and be a bit wary of going into business with them.

It is odd that efx has shown several new products at SW Celebration and Comic Con but their website doesn't appear to have any mention of those products. Not even an announcement that they were shown at the conventions and may be produced in the future.

It looks cute but not really like the the Child in the TV show.More like a comicbookversion of it.
Nice that it comes with the cradle...but this rumorprices are a joke.Would spend max.1000$ for this not more.
I´m also very happy with my sideshow one.

It looks cute but not really like the the Child in the TV show.More like a comicbookversion of it.
Nice that it comes with the cradle...but this rumorprices are a joke.Would spend max.1000$ for this not more.
I´m also very happy with my sideshow one.
Especially when you’ll play with it non stop…for three days and then stick it on the shelf.

Disney should just put this in their theme parks. Their other animatronics are already made by Garner Holt Productions anyway.
Just announced at D23 Mandalorian and Grogu will be part of Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland as a character experience starting mid-November. The Grogu is by Garner Holt Productions.
bM0iqdo.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back