Grogu Animatronic - DONE!

I vote this for rpf build of the year
You're too kind!

Halfway down with the gluedown! In other news, I saw the eclipse yesterday. My friend took this picture.
20240408133106_IMG_9067.JPG

Hi everyone!

Here is a demo video of all the mechanisms tested separately. I'm planning on puppeteering the full puppet with two more people hopefully during the weekend. I do have to polish up a few more areas but he's pretty much there. The neck is wayyy too snappy so I will tone that down.

Thanks for following this thread and showing your support! Truly means a lot.

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

Here is a demo video of all the mechanisms tested separately. I'm planning on puppeteering the full puppet with two more people hopefully during the weekend. I do have to polish up a few more areas but he's pretty much there. The neck is wayyy too snappy so I will tone that down.

Thanks for following this thread and showing your support! Truly means a lot.

Wicked

Great movements:cool::cool:(y)(y)...I know that it's a WIP still. I'm sure that the motions of various parts of the head will be less jittery/stacato with a more solid body. I've noticed that most of the positives have negatives, i.e.: the body needs to be stiffer to avoid moving with the head.
As for the neck, is it possible to put pieces of foam (without hindering the servos) to make for a more natural motion? The foam could act as a "rubbing" motion break to permit less of stacato movements.;)

Great movements:cool::cool:(y)(y)...I know that it's a WIP still. I'm sure that the motions of various parts of the head will be less jittery/stacato with a more solid body. I've noticed that most of the positives have negatives, i.e.: the body needs to be stiffer to avoid moving with the head.
As for the neck, is it possible to put pieces of foam (without hindering the servos) to make for a more natural motion? The foam could act as a "rubbing" motion break to permit less of stacato movements.;)
Yah absolutely. I think to remedy the shaking I would just lay a strip of carpet tape on the bottom of the stand to absorb most of the shake.

Good observation on the neck. It's currently left loose so I could make quick repairs if need be. I could totally add some sort of rubber tabs to keep it in place.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back