eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

Yeah I thought the charges would be oon top, it was just with the shipping cost being so high that made me wonder.
Its going to end up being a very expensive helmet that's for sure!

My RS Scout helmet is fairly glossy. Maybe RS changed how they make them or the plastic over the years. I ordered the helmet in late 2020.

RS-Prop-Masters-Scout-Trooper-Bust-2.jpg

A very strange thing happened today regarding my shipment of the helmet.
FedEx have my email address and phone number and sent me shipping details including tracking number to both my email and my phone via SMS message.
However, my son contacted me today because he received an SMS message from FedEx with a link to pay a customs charge. The tracking number he received matches my tracking number and the delivery date matches.
But I haven't got a clue how or why they have sent a customs bill to my son who obviously has a different phone number than me.

A very strange thing happened today regarding my shipment of the helmet.
FedEx have my email address and phone number and sent me shipping details including tracking number to both my email and my phone via SMS message.
However, my son contacted me today because he received an SMS message from FedEx with a link to pay a customs charge. The tracking number he received matches my tracking number and the delivery date matches.
But I haven't got a clue how or why they have sent a customs bill to my son who obviously has a different phone number than me.
That is strange. Does your son have a FedEx Delivery Manager account linked with the same home address?

I've been speaking to my son about that and he doesn't have an account with them.
He has the same name as me and lived at my address until he got his own place, but I have no idea why FedEx have sent the customs bill to him and not me.
His phone number is not connected in any way to this shipment.
He sent me the link that FedEx sent him and it all seems legit, as it's the FedEx website and all the parcel details match....tracking number, where it shipped from, delivery date and so on.
I'm not paying it though regardless of it seeming legit, as there is no explanation as to why they have sent it to a different person with a different phone number while they have my email address and phone number, which they have already used to contact me with shipment details.
It is impossible to actually speak to a person within FedEx, so there is nothing I can do.

I've contacted EFX about it and they are equally as confused as I am about this.

I've been speaking to my son about that and he doesn't have an account with them.
He has the same name as me and lived at my address until he got his own place, but I have no idea why FedEx have sent the customs bill to him and not me.
His phone number is not connected in any way to this shipment.
He sent me the link that FedEx sent him and it all seems legit, as it's the FedEx website and all the parcel details match....tracking number, where it shipped from, delivery date and so on.
I'm not paying it though regardless of it seeming legit, as there is no explanation as to why they have sent it to a different person with a different phone number while they have my email address and phone number, which they have already used to contact me with shipment details.
It is impossible to actually speak to a person within FedEx, so there is nothing I can do.

I've contacted EFX about it and they are equally as confused as I am about this.
Would you mind sharing how much the customs charge was?

I managed to get to the bottom of the problem, as FedEx phoned me. My son who has the same name as me had a parcel delivered via FedEx to my address a while ago, because he wouldn't be home at his house.
So the system connected his phone number to me and sent the customs charge to him.
I've paid it now. The largest customs charge I've ever had!

I managed to get to the bottom of the problem, as FedEx phoned me. My son who has the same name as me had a parcel delivered via FedEx to my address a while ago, because he wouldn't be home at his house.
So the system connected his phone number to me and sent the customs charge to him.
I've paid it now. The largest customs charge I've ever had!
Customs are getting harder to bypass and more expensive nowadays. I got a 140€ bill for a 320€ helmet.

Those customs charges are disgusting. We don’t have it as bad here in AU. The helmet looks really good. Not as good as an RS which I’d never trade mine but still a lot better than I was expecting. Enjoy it Keith it’s been a long time coming.

Ben

Those customs charges are disgusting. We don’t have it as bad here in AU. The helmet looks really good. Not as good as an RS which I’d never trade mine but still a lot better than I was expecting. Enjoy it Keith it’s been a long time coming.

Ben
Thanks Ben. Yeah it's been a while.
I think I might dig out my two RS helmets and finish them off finally too.

I've dropped in on this saga from time to time over the years, frankly I'm astounded people are actually recieving an actual product, almost as astounded that EFX are apparently still in business? How is this possible?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back