EFX X Wing Arrival, Thoughts & Pictures

Re: EFX X Wing Arrival, CHEAPER PREICE!?

OK, I hope that I am incorrect here, but I just checked out the eFX website: https://www.efxcollectibles.com/ and they have a "sold-out" X-Wing waiting list for pre-orders and are offering it for $849!:eek

Am I not understanding something? I thought "sold-out" meant no longer for sale. How can you pre-order something that is no longer available? Especially not at a discount from the manufacturer!

Did they have extras and are now blowing them out? Please, someone shed some light on this.

OK, I hope that I am incorrect here, but I just checked out the eFX website: https://www.efxcollectibles.com/ and they have a "sold-out" X-Wing waiting list for pre-orders and are offering it for $849!:eek

Am I not understanding something? I thought "sold-out" meant no longer for sale. How can you pre-order something that is no longer available? Especially not at a discount from the manufacturer!

Did they have extras and are now blowing them out? Please, someone shed some light on this.

That has been on their site since maybe January. It was to complete your purchase after the deposit was paid in the beginning.

From Post #317 of this thread:
The eFX X-Wing is long sold out. :angel

The $849.00 listed on their site is the balance due on pre-orders, which required the payment of a deposit at the time of ordering.

As the site states, if you try to place an order using the link above and you do not have an existing pre-order, you will be issued a refund minus a $25.00 service charge.

I guess the part I least like about my efx X-Wing is the pilot. Here's a totally newb question - What did they use for a pilot on the original model, and does anyone offer castings?

Finally got my eFX X-Wing today - simply incredible. Having been fortunate enough to work with both Barry and Bryan while at Master Replicas, I'm thrilled to see their passion for this project result in making such an incredibly detailed and "fun" model available for the rest of us... [Tips hat] Thanks to all the rpf'ers who contributed as well, amazing work everyone - this one is proudly going up on the shelf...

I guess the part I least like about my efx X-Wing is the pilot. Here's a totally newb question - What did they use for a pilot on the original model, and does anyone offer castings?

Airfix 1/24 Harrier pilot for the body, Airfix 1/24 BF 109 Messerschmitt for the arms, and the head has to be found yet...

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back