EFX X Wing Arrival, Thoughts & Pictures

Anyone else order the special acrylic display case that eFX offered for this piece? They are now instock and shipping. I opted to make a few payments for mine due to the $130+ shipping charge, so it'll be a month or two before I see it.

I took my X-wing out of the box the day I got it and put it on display at the May 2009 Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance event, but it's been boxed up ever since awaiting this case.

My case will be here Saturday but I'm out of town at a funeral so I won't have it until Monday. Can't wait to finally have the X-wing out on display!

Yep. But this is amusing...checked the status and there was an exception for delivery I've never seen before. "Attempted delivery - redeliver to due to weather" Called Fedex and apparently none of the Fedex trucks in Nashville actually did any deliveries on Saturday as the weather was "too bad." Silly southern drivers not knowning what to do when a flake of snow is in the air....

Should have it Tuesday now....

Yep. But this is amusing...checked the status and there was an exception for delivery I've never seen before. "Attempted delivery - redeliver to due to weather" Called Fedex and apparently none of the Fedex trucks in Nashville actually did any deliveries on Saturday as the weather was "too bad." Silly southern drivers not knowning what to do when a flake of snow is in the air....

Should have it Tuesday now....

Ha, nice! That's one message I bet you'd never see in Florida. ;)

Here are a couple of quick pictures....

img083650.jpg

img083950.jpg

img085550.jpg

Man seeing those two side by side makes me realize how much the mirrored base makes the model pop and how dreary the new base makes it look.

I think the Efx X looks horrible, but that my opinion, but when a company has to paint so many thousand model, they will keep it as basic as possible without trying to comprimise the what it is they are trying to replicate... To Late... lol

Jonathan Joslin

Airfix 1/24 Harrier pilot for the body, Airfix 1/24 BF 109 Messerschmitt for the arms, and the head has to be found yet...
Someone on this forum said the head was from a Drag Racer driver or Formula One, which seems correct . . .

The EFX is the largest, licensed X-Wing model available to the general public so far, with a fuselage reported to be about 21 inches long.

HEIMIDAL - Is your X-Wing the factory paint or did you update it.

Either way, it looks really good in those pictures.

Does it bring you joy? Then buy it. Does it not? Then buy it not. Did you buy it and now are dissatisifed? Then sell it to someone to whom it will bring joy.

I have an ICONS X WING that I bought in 1997. We know how much it has been picked apart. But at the time I bought it, it brought me joy. At the time there it really was the only game in town, and occassionally I feel that the paint job could be better, but it still brings me joy. It is a representation of one of the best movies I have ever seen, maybe my favorite. It is a REPRESENTTION of Luke's Red 5. It is NOT Luke's Red 5.

The eFx goes further to have the positionable wings and lights but it is still only a representation. There are other choices out there now, i.e. CC/Salzo if you are so skilled/inclined.

Having said that, with today's technology, it should not be too difficult to get a near exact copy, providing Lucas allows that (probably not). Even so, it will never be Red 5 (4). That is locked up in a Galaxy Far Far Away.....

But..... Does it bring you joy?

Hello,

I re-activate a little bit this topic as I've received my eFX only two days ago. At the time of the pre-order, I thought my Captain Cardboard X-Wing kit was just terrific and I did not need one more replica. Recently, I've restored a broken eFX for a private collector and handling it over and over gave me the wish to own one for myself !

During these last two days I've crossed this topic with others to find if this replica is well made or no… Guys ! What criticisms I've read ! I don't want to debate again on the accuracy of this replica, but I must admit you were very harsh against eFX. Personnaly, I find this model FANTASTIC for a mass market collectible. About the paint, you think all customers are able to paint and more over like professional ! Certainly, this replica has not the same finish as what you are able to do, but it is very honorable. Just have in mind that there are as many RED 5 that there are model makers because we (I am a model maker too) do INTERPRETATION of what we see in the pictures. And if we spend hours, days or weeks on ONE model, eFX did (and do) that for HUNDRED of models.

I've measured the Saturn V parts engine housing and I've found less than 2 millimeters with the same on the eFX… What a shame ! What a shame when we all know that some "professionals" on the collector market sell their "super accurate" resin replicas after hundred of castings including for the most rubber mold inside the details, not talking about the shrinkage (I have names) !

I'd like to add pictures of comparison between the "real" studio model, eFX and V3 that you prefer above all for its accuracy. The second picture is between eFX and V3. The images talk by themselves.

I don't own the famous V3 which everybody wish to get (myself too, and I have nothing against it and its pattern modeler :facepalm), but why make criticism about the 2 millimeters of difference although the V3 engine housings are far lesser than the original parts (using the pix already posted here. In GREEN on the pix) ?

Last, here is my hardly modified MPC/Airfix model kit I built more than 15 years ago using stills as reference. Thanks for reading ;)

Id still take a much cheaper V3 garage kit, with direct donor part heritage, than the inflated eFX "grown"model, just seemed a bit of a copout, but hey thats just my opinion, many were happy with the eFX, but then id always want to paint the bird myself and trump an asian assembly line hash up!

lee

My Efx Xwing pilot has been damaged beyond repair. Does anyone know where I could get a new one or one like they originally used? I don't need it painted. Just a resin copy.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back