Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them... paper thread

Last edited:
Since the mentioning The New York Ghost, have there been any pages seen other than in the movie, that mention Ilvermorny?

Lynx, thanks for the link and tease. If you noticed, the NY postcard image has been released before. Nice to see the French items.

I figured something out! I'm still obsessed with the Giggle Water bottle. I think I finally found out what they used for the movie :D

If you look at the newspaper advertisement you can actually see the shape of the bottle. What looks like a hand holding a bottle is actually the shape of the bottle itself. In the movie, you can see the index finger as part of the bottle.
Knipsel.PNG Knipsel2.PNG

With that information it looks like they used 19th-century French Victorian soap bottle:
https://www.1stdibs.com/furniture/d...s-bath-hand-shaped-soap-bottles/id-f_6408713/

This is probably what the original prop looks like:
victorian-french-figural-hand-holding_360_5e059f1ef7c9ee32a04292b5b8ea0665.jpg

Hi all,

Here is something new I've been working on. In the Blind Pig scene, there is a single shot of a Gellert Grindelwald wanted poster.

18xswlx0qx8z.jpg

I've looked at several other posters and noticed that the Eduardus Limus poster is very similar to the Grindelwald poster.

makingof (13).jpg

After a lot of comparing, I came up with this Grindelwald wanted poster. I'm still missing a couple of typefaces. Most typefaces/fonts have been mentioned in this topic earlier. I thought the font for the "FOR NO-MAJ SLAYING IN EUROPE" text had been identified too, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. This font is all over the Case of Beasts book too. So, this is what I've got so far. Any help with identifying typefaces is very welcome!

EDIT: the first missing font is Bourbon I think.

USAPosterGellertWantedPreview.PNG

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back