Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them... paper thread

Thanks, AZSneed! I realize it isn't the most accurate reproduction, but it looks good sitting on my desk.

So just a note. The way the calendar stands up is it is a table tent. I found my other image that shows that. It is a bad low resolution image, but you can see the table tent.

Screen Shot Side View.jpg

Here is my version of the Memorandum Rodentium found in my Fantastic Beast book as well as the scan I did of that reference. I have tried to upload a .pdf, but it never works for me. If I could, you could then open it in Illustrator and get a nice copy of it.

MACUSA Rodentium Official Replica.jpgScan sm.jpg

I think the things described as “Deer heads” on the blue and gold sign in the bookshop window might be billywigs. For some reason I can’t reply directly to the original post.

cptwalker, I missed seeing your version of the Memorandum Rodentium, and it looks real good, thanks. Also, your office space collection is impressive.

Yep, I know... But we have always managed to obtain one of the fonts used for the props of the films (at least the closest ones, for some of them...). I hope one day we could get it?! A font for the title design of the first film is available.

Yep, I know... But we have always managed to obtain one of the fonts used for the props of the films (at least the closest ones, for some of them...). I hope one day we could get it?! A font for the title design of the first film is available.
The font in question (for the first film) isn't an original font but just something that fans have done... As far as I know Pentagram (studio which has designed that font) doesn't release any fonts they were commissioned to do.

Lord, I know that you love MinaLima's work, that you are very familiar with the fonts used in movies (know how to tell the difference between the real fonts and those created by fans). I appreciate your comments and advice (as well as your replicas)... But right now, you should read what I wrote before answering me like that. I know that the font (whose name I gave above) is not a downloadable font. I also know that the available font that resembles the title of the film is unofficial and above all that, from one sense to the other, Pentagram would certainly not allow it to be available. My question was whether anyone knew a fan who managed to recreate it so that it would be accessible to everyone, as for the title of the first film?
Thanks toi un advance

Loving these stills from the movie! Would be great if someone can identify the fonts too if possible or if there is a similar one available online for free. As for the paper, it looks like they just use a yellowish parchment. I think the paper flyers would be easy to recreate!

So the trailer was released. Here's my prop breakdown :)

• A new transfiguration textbook with the marbled edges created by Jemma Lewis.
YVQisNF.jpgFBCOG-TSR-023.jpeg

I would like to note that you can actually see that they printed out the book in three smaller sections. Therefore possibly only one of them has any inside. Probably done for cheaper manufacture.
  • A new set of notebooks/exercise books for students. I assume also with the marbled papers on the covers. I see at least four variants - red, green, blue and yellow.
NDvkXQF.pngfmIh5XG.pngmtYBK9y.png

• The iconic rotating tower. We still do not actually know what it does. Here's how it looks in the film and a couple of my own photos. I can definitely say it's not the same copy as used on Potter films due to additional detail and overall cleaner look. Definitely on my to do list.
vCX6p1Q.pngI1h96jv.jpgzpL4635.jpg

• The Paris postcard.
RI90oNm.jpgfantastic-beasts-2-newt-paris-.jpegJc71Kir.png

• There's plenty of stuff here. Mostly reused from the first film - the magic book, the map, the phials etc. There are some new notes as well.
FBCOG-TSR-033.jpeg

• My personal favourite. The astrology chart ceiling. It is worth to notice that the ship on far right looks like the same one as from the cover of the Travels with Trolls by Gilderoy Lockhart. A cool easter-egg.
FBCOG-TSR-037.jpeg

• The Parisian catacombs and the Lestrange family tree which reveals Credence's connection to said family. Looks like a work of some mad man or a genius.
FBCOG-TSR-042.jpeg

• Le Cirque Arcanus and its colourful posters. If you look closely you can also see four variants of the tickets in different colours.
FBCOG-TSR-044.jpeg

• Nicholas Flamel's locked chest or book of some sort.
Fantastic-Beasts-2-NF-teaser-image.jpg

Attachments

• ec06908cf151b128c01a11ccd88d0281.png
    ec06908cf151b128c01a11ccd88d0281.png
    243.6 KB · Views: 135
LorduDesign, thanks for the highlights of props from the trailer. I especially liked your photos, nice closeups. The astrology chart ceiling, I assume to be in France's version of the Ministry of Magic, and it sure is amazing. I agree with lynx, it does look to better than the 1st movie.

Get your money saved for November, with all of the books to be released with all of the inserted props.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back