Firefly/Serenity

These are some of my non-canon props. This one is for the New Kong Customs House out of Taikoo/Whampoa dockyards at Sihnon. I made them for the Can't Stop the Serenity event in Logan last year. They fit 6 up to a page on 8.5" x 11" paper.

NewKongSilverImport.jpg

NewKongGold.jpg

As shown with weathering on my Chinese cooler...

Cooler6.jpg

This is but another quick label I made for my Chinese Cooler project. It's meant to portray a very simple customs or shipping label for the infamous TG Freight company. I've provided a plain or stamped version for those of you building your own boxes at home.

TGplain.jpg

TGsealsStamped.jpg

This is my Tang Industries claim sticker. Tang Industries is a food production/distribution company out of Sihnon. Think of it as a Kelloggs Corporation or General Foods of the Verse. When I first created the logo I didn't expect it to get a lot of traffic, apart from appearing on my Chinese cooler project, but the Tang logo will be appearing in three different fan made projects and I gots me a Tang mug for my desk.

TANG.jpg

I started on a "Old McBrayer" label... still not finished (I'm still in search for the right "seal of kentucky". I've got the Text, but the right artwork is still missing and I still not found the time to re-draw it myself :( )

but here is a small preview:

norm-4907278bc6e37-FireflyTV2002.jpg

oldmcbrayerprev6s.jpg

I'll change the color to fit the original, when evereything is done. I hope can finish this during the holidays.... it's more than a half year since I started to work on it oO

Do you have something about the seal ? screencap ?

Nice logo, but wait... three fan projects? I gots to know more, I need my Firefly fix!

I'm coordinating print props and some digital design for the webseries out of the Portland area called Courage. Courage will follow the adventures of an old military variant of a series 3 Firefly and her crew.

I also did some print props and costuming for the Firefly fan short called 'Reaverized'. As you can probably guess by the title, there are Reavers.

The last one is a secret, or more to the point, it's too early yet to release anything about it.

Last edited:
For information about Reaverized, check for news updates under 'Illusionext' on Facebook. Michael Welch is heading up that project.

Yellowjacket, your ships papers are awesome, can't wait to see more posted as per your thread on the Firefly prop site. My son has recently seen Serenity for the first time, and is on a bit of a 'shiny' trip at the mo'. So I'm in the process of making him his own ship's papers.

My wife recently got in some choc bars that we have here in Blighty and it reminded me that some Fruity Oaty Bar wrappers were posted a while back on TazVader's paper prop thread. I think that were done by Kurtyboy, but the link to the wrapper is now defunct :cry Does anyone have a copy of them to post, or should I ask Kurtyboy. Being new to the forum (mid-term stalker) I don't want to make step on toes!

Pure inspiration on this site for a newbie like me, especially the paper props which helps in the current financial climate & allows my son to help dad make some stuff from the 'verse.

Glad to help out where I can. I like making props and I love this particular fandom enough to provide as many freebies as possible. It helps people save their money to support the licensed products. That way we get twice as much stuff, and the powers that be can see that the fandom is still profitable through licensing.

Watch for several more additions in the next few weeks. I've already finished several more papers since posting. They're just being passed around for proofing at the moment.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back