Unlimited Run Floating Jedi Training Remote BUILDER'S KIT

One quick question though. If I turn off the electric to the base, would the magnets keep it floating and just kill the lights?

NO! It's an electromagnet that requires power be constantly turned on and off hundreds of times a second to keep it floating. If you cut power it will crash.
It is highly recommended to get a battery backup in case you lose power, that way you'll have extra time to remove it from the base or for power to be restored before it crashes.

I'm glad you enjoyed building it. and thanks for your testimony that they're very simple to build. I think people don't give themselves enough credit. It really is fool proof.

Is there anyone here that takes commissions to complete the Trooper Trent Jedi training remote kit? I just received the kit and have all the necessary supplies but what I lack is the time to complete it.

Thanks for considering!
If you don't find anyone, I would encourage you to give it a go. Even if you only get to spend 20 minutes on it a week. The best part of the kit is building it yourself and ending up with something to be proud of. They really don't take that long to build.
I would suggest starting out by just following along with the tutorials, one video at a time and think of it as a mini project / distraction, rather than feeling rushed to have a completed item. Each video is around 15 minutes or so.

If you don't find anyone, I would encourage you to give it a go. Even if you only get to spend 20 minutes on it a week. The best part of the kit is building it yourself and ending up with something to be proud of. They really don't take that long to build.
I would suggest starting out by just following along with the tutorials, one video at a time and think of it as a mini project / distraction, rather than feeling rushed to have a completed item. Each video is around 15 minutes or so.
Thanks for the response and encouragement. It’s ok to go days/week between steps?

Please Disregard. Thought this post was better suited for a build thread and not hijack Trent's after I posted. :)

Last edited:
Please Disregard. Thought this post was better suited for a build thread and not hijack Trent's after I posted. :)
I don't mind. If it helps other people, provides info or helps you get answers to questions, Post away! I also love seeing how everyone's remotes turn out, as to others so feel free to share it here too.

I don't mind. If it helps other people, provides info or helps you get answers to questions, Post away! I also love seeing how everyone's remotes turn out, as to others so feel free to share it here too.

Rgr that. Big YMMV disclaimer.

It took me about 9 days to get the remote done. I did have a day or two where I let the primer and later the base coat dry for about 24h. As my workshop is in the low 60's. I wanted to make sure the paint was set as you do handle it a lot during the build. otherwise I spent about 30-60 min (90 min tops) on any given day just adding on the parts and such. I don't think I spent more than a couple+ of hours weathering.

Having not done one of these ever I think I could have knocked it out in maybe 1/2 the time had I push to get it done fast.

It really isn't a heavy lift at all.

The setup is temporary. going to mount the battery backup under the shelf.

1704230410118.png

Rgr that. Big YMMV disclaimer.

It took me about 9 days to get the remote done. I did have a day or two where I let the primer and later the base coat dry for about 24h. As my workshop is in the low 60's. I wanted to make sure the paint was set as you do handle it a lot during the build. otherwise I spent about 30-60 min (90 min tops) on any given day just adding on the parts and such. I don't think I spent more than a couple+ of hours weathering.

Having not done one of these ever I think I could have knocked it out in maybe 1/2 the time had I push to get it done fast.

It really isn't a heavy lift at all.

The setup is temporary. going to mount the battery backup under the shelf.

View attachment 1775044
Nice! That actually looks pretty cool with the colored lights. First of its kind!!
Great job!

Hey Trent. For some reason the lights on the base and the remote have stopped working but it’s still floating. Any idea?

Hey Trent. For some reason the lights on the base and the remote have stopped working but it’s still floating. Any idea?
Sorry, I just now saw this.
Is it a full kit you bought from me? or is it the Buy Your Own Ball version?

If it was my full kit, did they all of a sudden go out and you cant get them back on? or did the touchpad start becoming more and more finnicky and hard to press to get them to turn on? Usually it just the contact pad under the top cover. Putting a piece of tape under it to lift it closer to the thumb pad is all that's necessary, but I'll need more information before I can help you troubleshoot it.

Just got the kit and floating globe... can't wait to get into this. One question: has anyone customized the base? I've got a great place for this next to my Sideshow Grogu with a heavily aged camtono on the other side... so the default base is a bit out of place. Any suggestions? Even just a repaint would help, but could that affect the components at all?

Just got the kit and floating globe... can't wait to get into this. One question: has anyone customized the base? I've got a great place for this next to my Sideshow Grogu with a heavily aged camtono on the other side... so the default base is a bit out of place. Any suggestions? Even just a repaint would help, but could that affect the components at all?
I've seen some amazing customizations. scottjua has done a couple that have paneling and paint job similar to the Falcon. I've seen people simply add styrene bits and greeblies to the top of the base and re-paint and weather it to great effect.
I hope you enjoy it! Let me know if you have any questions along the way!

I was planning to go in the other direction. With the base being black smooth/glossy I thought doing panels like what you see in the death star or any imperial installation would make the base more verse-like. That being said going the worn falcon-ish route may be more appropriate.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back