Fringe

This just reminded me. I found multiple copies (a few sealed) of September's Notebook at my local Half Price Books in Indiana. I snapped one up immediately. So if you're in the market for it, check your local store. Dunno, they may have picked up a TON of these to distribute to many Half Priced Books across the U.S. Thought I'd share.

Yeah, nice job, Dietrich. I forgot to say that.

Thanks drsyn71, since a few months I've got the book from Amazon. Over here in Germany it's hard to find books written in English in any store.

Dietrich

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Caplan, you're welcome.

Dietrich

Fringe401NeitherHereNorThere0000004.jpg

Hi guys,

I have a request for my English speaking friends: Attached is a screenshot from Fringe with a label which I like to reproduce, but it's hard for me reading and understanding the complete text in the grey box.

This is what I can read:

DO NOT REMOVE. ________ FBI SERVICE. PHOTOCOPYING OR REPRODUCTION OF ENCLOSED MATERIAL IS PROHIBITED. UNAUTHORIZED
KNOWLEDGE OF THIS INFORMATION CONTAINING WITHIN CON???????? NATIONAL SECURITY LAW. HANDLING, STORAGE
AUTHORIZATION WITH PERMISSION OF THE ENCLOSED MATERIAL WILL BE IN ACCORDANCE WITH FBI POLICY.

It would be great if somebody could fill in the blank space and correct the word with the question marks. And of course correct my other mistakes.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Dietrich

100_9132.JPGFringe310TheFirefly086.jpg

Hi guys,

last week I watched an episode of the rerun of Fringe and found this screenshot. This morning I was in the mood to clean it.

Dietrich

Hi Dietrich, nice work again, if I may I give fonts a little less fat compared to your capture, but that's just my opinion (sorry I'm too in detail, it is a deformation )

Bests

C.

I was wondering if you could post a copy of your FBI box label Dietrich?

Also, I have a copy September's Notebook, If you need a scan of anything just let me know.

Great work as always.(y))

Hi Dietrich, nice work again, if I may I give fonts a little less fat compared to your capture, but that's just my opinion (sorry I'm too in detail, it is a deformation )

Bests

Thanks Marc, you are correct the font is a bit too bold. In my new version I used a font called Leelawadee. It's not perfect, but a bit closer to the original one.

C.

Also, I have a copy September's Notebook, If you need a scan of anything just let me know.

Thanks Terry,

since a few months I've got also Septembers Notebook. Unfortunately most of the paper props in this book are not completely to see. Right now I'm working on the Massive Dynamic DNA label.
Property of the FBI Label.jpg

Thanks Terry,

since a few months I've got also Septembers Notebook. Unfortunately most of the paper props in this book are not completely to see. Right now I'm working on the Massive Dynamic DNA label.

Is their a reason you didn't use the real FBI logo? The logo is in the public domain

Hi Dietrich,

Thanks for your share, beautiful FBI logo.

Bests

Marc.

Thanks Marc, you're welcome.

Is their a reason you didn't use the real FBI logo? The logo is in the public domain

this is the FBI logo the show used. why didnt they used the real logo is something you would have to ask the showrunners.

@CAPtinbaer: Because I wanted it as authentic as possible. Even in the X-Files, or Alias they were using altered logos. I guess they would get a problem by using the real world FBI or CIA logos.

Dietrich

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Marc, you're welcome.

@CAPtinbaer: Because I wanted it as authentic as possible. Even in the X-Files, or Alias they were using altered logos. I guess they would get a problem by using the real world FBI or CIA logos.

Dietrich

Legally they should have no problem. I guess if the wanted authenticity they would hire RPF! :D

Fringe208-0163.jpgFringe410ForcedPerspective0000012.jpgFringe410ForcedPerspective0000001.jpg

Question to my English speaking friends: In the uploaded pictures you can see a label in the corner and I would like to replicate it. Unfortunately I can't read/guess everything, I'm still missing the two-liner in the upper right corner and the two words in the middle on the left. So has got anyone more information of this label?

Thanks in advance

Dietrich

I used the "Shake Reduction" tool in Photoshop, and got this result (below), which leads me to guess the following for the text:

On the left: SENDER: (DHS)

On the right: REQUISITE FORMS: #### (four numbers I can't read)

Still can't make out the tiny line of text below that, sorry.

-MJ

Attachments

• f1.jpg
    f1.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 52

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back