Limited Run === G R A F L E X === Flashgun Gen.2 ... now taking PRE-ORDERS!!! New Pics Oct. 5

Hey @TheRealLinzer ! Yes, the Roman's will match up nicely with the VINTAGE Uppers. You might need to buff or scruff it a bit to match the patina of your particular GRAFLEX, but it'll fit just fine! And it's a great idea too for those wanting to preserve their VINTAGE GRAFLEX Bottom halves.

Awesome, thank you! Do you know if vintage chambers and bladeplugs will fit too? I‘ve read there have been difficulties with V1 but I figure that affected the Roman Upper Body‘s only?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey TheRealLinzer ! By vintage chambers, do you mean the black Bakelite parts? I don't know the answer to that one. My guess would be that it would slide down inside the tube, but I don't know whether or not the Pin Wells would align properly in the Roman's Gen.2 pin holes. Someone with both a torn apart VINTAGE and Roman's Gen.2 will have to answer that one.

halliwax just mentioned that the Solo's Hold Blade Holder fits the V2 though above in post #2611. I'm assuming he has one, but he hasn't shown pictures of it installed just yet I don't think.

Ridire Firean yeah or the Goth 3D ones. I just discovered that ordering the bottom alone will give me a V1 tube - don‘t know if that changes anything. Since I haven‘t built a Graflex chamber yet I don’t know how and where the chambers a held in place. Guess that varies :)

Hey TheRealLinzer ! I get it now, I think. You're looking to get a Graflex Chassis with Crystal Chamber!

The GOTH-3D Graflex Chassis with Crystal Chambers would be held in place by the Blade Holder (if the Blade Holder was secured to the GRAFLEX Upper via the screw between the rectangular cutouts. The website says Solo's Hold and The Graflex Shop Blade Holders are compatible with "G3D chassis for Graflex".

There's more information for you here.... http://goth-3designs.com/instructions/graflex-vintage-replica-chassis-line/

And when they start accepting new orders...and if your pockets are deep enough, you could check out Martin Beyer's Chassis...
http://graflexsaber.portfoliobox.net/sabers

Have fun reading and picking one out!

Good Luck on your build!

Hey Ridire Firean, you have good eyes :lol
Yes, my upper red button is what came with my Roman Gen 2. I got an extra with my Roman Gen 1... which now sits on my Gen 2. I didn't know which lightsaber I was going to build first (ANH or ESB), so in preparation I ordered an extra reb button when I got the Gen 1. I went ANH with my build, so the extra red button has been sitting in waiting all this time.

Hey @TheRealLinzer ! By vintage chambers, do you mean the black Bakelite parts? I don't know the answer to that one. My guess would be that it would slide down inside the tube, but I don't know whether or not the Pin Wells would align properly in the Roman's Gen.2 pin holes. Someone with both a torn apart VINTAGE and Roman's Gen.2 will have to answer that one.

@halliwax just mentioned that the Solo's Hold Blade Holder fits the V2 though above in post #2611. I'm assuming he has one, but he hasn't shown pictures of it installed just yet I don't think.

I have both a gen 2 and solos hold blade holder. Yet I haven’t taken them apart and installed it, plenty of my friends have. I can dig up a video tonight and post it here

Hey Gang! I'm in the hunt for a Red Button for my Obi-Wan Grafluki Lightsaber and even with all these new Roman's Graflex Gen.2 photos showing up, I'm only getting more confused.

@Trooper_trent 's Gen.2 Red Button looks like it has the correct bevel on the crown, but then looks too tall compared to the VINTAGE GRAFLEX RED BUTTON. Is that a VINTAGE or replica Red Button on the bottom of your ESB VINTAGE?

Both red buttons on my real Graflex are vintage. I’m not seeing what you’re saying, it looks pretty dead on to me. so all I can do is give you a side by side comparison. Hope this helps.
Roman Gen.2, vintage(used as top button), vintage (used as bottom button) from left to right.

92f29e91c888151fce4f225ed14e1db2.jpg

f07a0e1eef1c317693596459cedd374f.jpg

98edb8026b2e5818ee0604739a53c040.jpg

28d2f37c82b4d384ef5f8622bf72c6fd.jpg

51150dec7f255f7d0f6d2c99bf953230.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine are a bit rough, but it is not bad enough to worry about. Actually the texture on the 'rabbit ears' is more a problem for me personally. All the vintages I see have a completely smooth surface finish on this part. But again, it is still an awesome product.

One thing I would like to touch on in the video is east coast sabers says his emitter (s curve) is very rough, you can see it in the video and hear it

Mine is not this way, and I haven’t heard others complaining about rough edges

THANK YOU Trooper_trent ! You sir are a true Jeditarian! ;) I really appreciate you taking the time to snap those photos for me!

I spent a couple of hours last night on East Coast Saber's video reviews going frame by frame and taking screen shots of both the Roman's and TGS Red-buttons.

They each have their positives and negatives. TGS's red plunger sticks up too high, Roman's too low. Both have too few knurl teeth. TGS's inards screw together so it'd be easier to disassemble and adjust the height of the button's red dome protruding above the crown. But Roman's knurls are crisp V's in both the ridges and the valleys where TGS's are crisp V's in the valleys but flattened at the ridges. And the TGS cleary had not been deburred/smoothed in the hole the red plunger travels through as there were micro-shavings of red plastic all around the inner bevel after every time Matt tapped the plunger down.

Your Gen.2 button's red plunger is up 1/64" or so above where the East Coast Sabers reviewed Gen.2 was. Is that a retaining ring I see there inside at about 8:30 on the bottom view photo? If I could disasseble a Roman's Red-button, that'd be the way for me to go I think. If there's enough material around the lip of the plunger I could shave off that last 1/64"-1/32" and get it to protrude correctly!

Did anyone playing around on East Coast's Youtube page see that Chinese knock off that totally stole Roman's "R.E." End Cap Stamping! :angry It's on the photo on their box and everything! Absolutely hilarious! They made a replica of a replica! :lol I wonder if there was some Chinese insider trading going on there? :eek

The TCSS Bunny Ears I was so eager to receive yesterday are still the bane of my existence as USPS has either lost my package, or gotten it stuck in some weather-bound distribution center with no new eta for delivery. And Monday's a holiday to boot! :(

Yup!! 89sabers... he must have sent Romans flash right to them to be reverse engineered... the bastards even used Romans logo on the box....

I do however like the fact that they have a screw slot in the bunny ear rivet.

To me honestly, and it’s not because I’m a rpf guy but Romans gen2 is the way to go

It’s a working freak’n flash!

Other company’s are now doing “the Roman” and making plastic black guts for their replicas..

Roman Props or bust!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know of a chassis that is compatible with a Roman's v2 graflex or is this graflex replica only suitable for a static replica prop?

Thanks in advance.

Anyone know of a chassis that is compatible with a Roman's v2 graflex or is this graflex replica only suitable for a static replica prop?

Thanks in advance.

there are a couple guys out there that make chassis's for this, you will need to get a blade holder first and install that into romans graflex

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back