Limited Run Ghostbusters Jumpsuit (7 versions!) by Magnoli Clothiers

I feel I should post here and clarify my part in comments I've made on this run....and also issue an apology to Magnoli. I have had well documented issues with suits I've received which Indy and the team have worked with me to resolve. I still maintain that these suits are the best option for a screen accurate suit in all 3 versions. However, I feel I have probably been behaved in a toxic manner in my comments on these suits and as a result been overly critical of Magnoli Clothiers which isn't fair.

To summarise, someone who has been around the GB Community for 16 years and has spent the last 8 of those years on the hunt for a Ripstop/Herringbone flightsuit I will state my believe that these are the best suits you can buy at present that match the suits used on screen. Seeing all 3 of these suits up close confirms that fact to me. And whilst I have had issues, they were addressed and made right.

So for any toxicity or outspokenness on my part....I want to publically apologise to Magnoli and team behind the scenes at Magnoli Clothiers...

I feel I should post here and clarify my part in comments I've made on this run....and also issue an apology to Magnoli. I have had well documented issues with suits I've received which Indy and the team have worked with me to resolve. I still maintain that these suits are the best option for a screen accurate suit in all 3 versions. However, I feel I have probably been behaved in a toxic manner in my comments on these suits and as a result been overly critical of Magnoli Clothiers which isn't fair.

To summarise, someone who has been around the GB Community for 16 years and has spent the last 8 of those years on the hunt for a Ripstop/Herringbone flightsuit I will state my believe that these are the best suits you can buy at present that match the suits used on screen. Seeing all 3 of these suits up close confirms that fact to me. And whilst I have had issues, they were addressed and made right.

So for any toxicity or outspokenness on my part....I want to publically apologise to Magnoli and team behind the scenes at Magnoli Clothiers...
I've followed your work on gbfans ( venkman1984) and have been a member myself since 2008. I don't think you brought toxicity but constructive criticism. I've been on the hunt for a suit like this for a long time myself and know a hand full of people who have obtained such accuracy. I don't think it's a bad thing to want complete screen accuracy especially with this wait time and so many of the suits coming out different or made inside out and having to go back to the end of the line. your insight and knowledge is valued.

Got this yesterday from a friend on gbfans. I'm a 42L in the nomex, he ordered for a size 46R and waited 9 months for and it wasn't even close to fitting him. Fits me better than anything ever has. Going to put the todd cook custom nametag on it tomorrow and also replace the no ghost with his ray stantz version. I couldn't be happier with the look and feel of this suit.

Attachments

• 20220902_120342.jpg
    20220902_120342.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 184
  • 20220901_181808.jpg
    20220901_181808.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 175
Last edited:
That's an amazing set you picked up SCorso11 ! I've been doing some research on this flightsuit for months and stumbled onto your reviews and connected the dots you were also on the boards here. I'm fortunate enough to say I lucked my way into picking up a secondhand paranormal flightsuit from a board member here recently, the Magnoli definitely checks most of the boxes in regards to the details. Fit wise the one I acquired is mostly a good sizing match minus the legs, they are a bit too narrow but its a great upgrade from the Carter Industries nomex I have.

Now that I have an idea for measurements I'll be ordering a new Magnoli in my sizing with a little more room and searching for another pre-owned!

IMG_3573.JPG

My suit arrived today, 7 months later and this is my feedback.

So some comparisons for a Magnoli against the screen used Stantz suit.

For reference. The patch overlaid is not sewn on, but it’s the Todd Cook new legacy style patch laid on at an angle 2 rip stop lines higher on the left than the right (the same as the screen suit).

Observations in general are ..

1) The seam is in the wrong place on the shoulder, on the screen suit it’s all the way over to the left, on mine it’s half way along the shoulder piece.

2) The zip tag is too long. It should be a name patch and a half high. Mines probably 2 name patches high.

3) The pocket angle is too steep on the chest. The screen used patch is 10 ripstop lines up from the pocket bottom on the right and 20 on the left. Impossible on Magnolis due to the angle, so mines 14 up on the right and 25 on the left.

4) The stitching style on the zip isn’t the same as the screen used suit, and the zip isn’t the same style. I appreciate the zip may be vintage, but given how many of these have sold now, Magnoli could have commisioned a custom zip for the suit with the right pattern to make it ‘accurate’.

These are quick observations from a 15 minute look at the suit.

Mine has staining to the crotch (brand new arrived today), and the leg hose connector looks like a dog chewed it in the garden.

So for a $250 suit that’s the most accurate ever made, it’s pretty poor. I’ve messaged Indy via here to discuss the stain, and the leg hose connector. Hopefully I get a quick response as the email replies are almost non existent.

But the suit variations are not great.

View attachment 1606369

View attachment 1606370

View attachment 1606371
View attachment 1606372

View attachment 1606373

View attachment 1606374

View attachment 1606376

I only make this reply because I am researching options for getting a GB1 suit.

The stitching and placement of things not being 100% hyper-hyper accurate isn't as important to me as getting a 99% screen-accurate suit that is well-made and durable. However, I agree that bad stitching, stains, and noticeable off-keel patches are absolutely unacceptable. Is any of the stitching actually bad or poorly done...or is it just not hyper-accurate per a particular screen-used suit? The thing stopping me from getting an off-the-rack Propper CWU-27P is the fact the velcro where the name tag goes, and I've seen a couple complaints that proton pack straps cover them partially due to the placement not being as left-biased. Any insight towards these questions in general is greatly appreciated.

On another note...how are the "no ghost" patches on the Magnolia suits compared to the GBFans and Todd Cook offerings? Of all that I've seen, I like the Todd Cook "Afterlife" patch the most, as it retains the original GB1 look, with just the right amount of cleaning up around the edges (idealization).

I only make this reply because I am researching options for getting a GB1 suit.

The stitching and placement of things not being 100% hyper-hyper accurate isn't as important to me as getting a 99% screen-accurate suit that is well-made and durable. However, I agree that bad stitching, stains, and noticeable off-keel patches are absolutely unacceptable. Is any of the stitching actually bad or poorly done...or is it just not hyper-accurate per a particular screen-used suit? The thing stopping me from getting an off-the-rack Propper CWU-27P is the fact the velcro where the name tag goes, and I've seen a couple complaints that proton pack straps cover them partially due to the placement not being as left-biased. Any insight towards these questions in general is greatly appreciated.

On another note...how are the "no ghost" patches on the Magnolia suits compared to the GBFans and Todd Cook offerings? Of all that I've seen, I like the Todd Cook "Afterlife" patch the most, as it retains the original GB1 look, with just the right amount of cleaning up around the edges (idealization).
Hello, I figured I'd chime in. I just got my suit the other day and I'm very happy with it. I'll be the first to admit I don't know all the esoteric detail that should be on the suit, but to me, it looks great. For starters, the ripstop fabric is excellent and very heavy duty. It weighs a LOT more than something like a True-Spec suit. I also love the brass zipper detail and pocket placement. I happen to really like thw No Ghost logo. To me, it's wonky enough and I love the material it's made from. My suit also has an updated hose connector, so it fits the GBFans hose perfectly. I took a few pics of it hanging on a hanger. If you want or need more pics, PM me.

Don't mind the black shirt under it. That's the thermal shirt from Magnoli under it. I keep it all together.

Attachments

• 20221103_184144.jpg
    20221103_184144.jpg
    871.9 KB · Views: 203
  • 20221103_184156.jpg
    20221103_184156.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 133
  • 20221103_184252.jpg
    20221103_184252.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 119
  • 20221103_184301.jpg
    20221103_184301.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 137
  • 20221103_184305.jpg
    20221103_184305.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 147
  • 20221103_184351.jpg
    20221103_184351.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 140
Hello, I figured I'd chime in. I just got my suit the other day and I'm very happy with it. I'll be the first to admit I don't know all the esoteric detail that should be on the suit, but to me, it looks great. For starters, the ripstop fabric is excellent and very heavy duty. It weighs a LOT more than something like a True-Spec suit. I also love the brass zipper detail and pocket placement. I happen to really like thw No Ghost logo. To me, it's wonky enough and I love the material it's made from. My suit also has an updated hose connector, so it fits the GBFans hose perfectly. I took a few pics of it hanging on a hanger. If you want or need more pics, PM me.

Don't mind the black shirt under it. That's the thermal shirt from Magnoli under it. I keep it all together.

That’s good to hear. Is it a sweat box like I’ve heard about some suits, or can you wear it indoors comfortably?

The hose connector looks good, my only concern is the ability to get the suit dry cleaned with it on there.

That’s good to hear. Is it a sweat box like I’ve heard about some suits, or can you wear it indoors comfortably?

The hose connector looks good, my only concern is the ability to get the suit dry cleaned with it on there.
I've got a ripstop suit and can say it's night and day compared to my old nomex. there's a reason they had to wear thermals while filming, I'll say that much.

I just got it in, literally days ago, so I haven't worn it to any events yet, but it's a super heavy fabric, so I thiiink I'll be warm. But ask me again after I've done an event in it!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back