Limited Run Ghostbusters Jumpsuit (7 versions!) by Magnoli Clothiers

YES! We hit a snag with materials but are back on track now. We're making some molds for the contoured shapes right now (teaser going up on our Instagram account shortly)...
I can't wait for your elbow pads. I have GBFans ones which have been modified to have the black patch, and those look ok and I also grabbed some off of ebay that were billed as "screen accurate". They were total poo... So I'm itching to get a really solid pair.

For those who don't want to wait for a made-to-measure suit, we've got a few ready-made ones available for purchase:

Not to resurrect an inactive thread, but I need to share this. First a little backstory: I have been cosplaying Ghostbusters since 2018 and started out with the standard TrueSpec suit. After watching this thread, I eventually decided to pull the trigger on a Magnoli suit. After purchasing and receiving, I ended up being very pleased with it.

In the mean time, I started dating a woman who supports my hobbies and my general craziness. Over the last year, I got her cosplaying with me and she ultimately inherited my old TrueSpec suit. However, the suit does NOT fit her at all. So, as a surprise, and to act as a "promise ring" to her, I ordered a Magnoli suit that had my last name on the name tape.

This is where the real story begins... I reached out to Magnoli Clothiers to see if they'd be able to make her a suit without the measurements coming off a garment. My first interaction was with Joachim, whom I had already interacted with on my previous purchases, and he was incredibly accomodating. I went ahead and sneakily got her measurements and shared them. There was a huge amount of email exchanges among myself, Joachim, and Carmel to ensure the suit was right.

The suit arrived well ahead of schedule. After having ordered it in late December, I wasn't expecting it until maybe the end of August or beginning of September. To my utter shock, it arrived in late April - early May. When I opened it, it looked perfect. It matched mine almost perfectly. The the real test would be the fit. We are currently in the process of moving in together and I wanted to give her the suit as a promise ring. When I gave her the suit (and Magnoli boots) she was shocked. Her first reaction was, "is this a Magnoli suit!?". When she tried it on, she was so pleased with the fit. It was totally perfect. Last weekend, we did an event for a family, and we got to rock our suits together for the first time.

Here are a couple shots of the suit. I just wanted to take this chance to share how excellent this experience was.

Attachments

• 20230627_171953.jpg
    20230627_171953.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 122
  • 20230627_171928.jpg
    20230627_171928.jpg
    315.2 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
I received my GB1 style mid-May and love it! I've worn it to two outdoor events so far and it felt great. The first time I wore it, the heat index was over 100 degrees F with a noon sun. While the fabric is thicker, it's 100% cotton, so it doesn't feel hot. It breathes great, and I imagine it will help keep warmer as things cool down for fall/winter events. Added a picture, as the color is perfect in the natural light.

I do have a question for Indy Magnoli . I'm interested in the GB2 herringbone suit as well. From the screen grabs and the auction pictures of the screen used GB2 herringbone suits, the khaki looks a bit lighter than the suit on your site. I was watching Ghostbusternews.com's video review as well, where it looks darker than in the films as well.

I know the color is very dependent on the lighting, but I haven't seen any pictures that seem to capture that same lighter khaki from the film. Does anyone have any examples of a V2 suit they've purchased that show the suit in natural light?

Indy Magnoli - Is it possible to source a lighter khaki version of the fabric for a one-off purchase? How much of a price increase would something like that run? Adding a picture for comparison.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-01 at 12.24.59 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-01 at 12.24.59 PM.png
    995.3 KB · Views: 116
  • Screenshot 2023-08-01 at 12.19.56 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-01 at 12.19.56 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 107
Last edited:
I've taken my GB2 charcoal suit out for a couple of events in the last couple of weeks. Great product from Magnoli. Lots of compliments.

Made exactly to the measurements I provided, as I went back to double check. I also made a special request to use the GB1 patch on the arm, which was accommodated.

The duck cotton fabric is pretty heavy, so if you plan on wearing this suit a lot in warm weather, keep that in mind. It was great at an event this week, as the weather was around 50 degrees F. It kept me perfectly comfortable.

Charcoal color looks great as well!

Thanks again Indy Magnoli !

Screenshot 2023-10-10 at 10.44.15 AM.png

I've taken my GB2 charcoal suit out for a couple of events in the last couple of weeks. Great product from Magnoli. Lots of compliments.

Made exactly to the measurements I provided, as I went back to double check. I also made a special request to use the GB1 patch on the arm, which was accommodated.

The duck cotton fabric is pretty heavy, so if you plan on wearing this suit a lot in warm weather, keep that in mind. It was great at an event this week, as the weather was around 50 degrees F. It kept me perfectly comfortable.

Looks fantastic! I ordered a GB2 charcoal suit this past spring, after loving my GB1 ripstop suit so much... can't wait for it to be ready!

Absolutely... it'll be on our site in a week. ;) Feel free to pre-order if you like... just e-mail us to set it up.
So I'm about to send in measurements for a V1 suit. I am worried about custom suits, vs off the shelf. Do they 'size' these up for bagginess? I know GB2 the suits were way more baggy on the guys. But I'm worried about the sizing. I basically know what off the shelf size I am/like, but I'd appreciate any advice, especially for the price and wait time.

Best to provide off-the-garment measurements that way you can get it the bagginess you're after. Once you place the order we'll discuss measurements further with you via e-mail.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back