Limited Run GOTG - Star Lord's Boot Rockets - **NOW OPEN!**

Re: GOTG - Star Lord's Boot Rockets - **SPECIAL INTRO PRICE!**

I'm interested, is there a possibility to ship them to germany? :)

Thats great, could you send me a pm with the payment information? :)

Five kits have been ordered, spots are filling up fast! Get your order in soon to get the Sale price!

Just a quick update...

All the molds have been made and I've cast the first pair as a proof set.
UPS picked it up a few minutes ago and IronManiac should have them in hand tomorrow for final inspection then we can get this party started.

Keep an eye out in the Marvel props subforum, i'll be posting up a build thread as I work this weekend. ;)

Hey everyone, just wanted to give you guys an update.

We are still working on these. This build has by far been the most difficult of all of our prop offerings. Multiple 3D prints, multiple molds and casts, a few mistakes and problems here and there. But we are still going to deliver once we have a really great mold that will ensure the best quality casts for you all. We will update you all again very soon.

Just a quick update! We sought some professional help with the mold and it's done and we'll start getting these cast soon!
Plus the weather is starting to warm up which will help quite a bit.

We'll keep you posted.

11026715_10204684413403269_1851753105_n.jpg

Was just thinking about these as i was working on my chaps. Good news! can't wait to see some pics and to have in my hands!

Was just thinking about these as i was working on my chaps. Good news! can't wait to see some pics and to have in my hands!

Expect pictures this weekend. IronManiac is going to paint up his and will update the thread.

Hi guys!

We have begun production of our rockets. It took alot of work, experimenting, and trial and error, but our molds are done and we are happy with the castings we're pulling. We would like everyone who has paid a deposit to send in the remainder of their payment.

The introductory price everyone agreed to pay was $225, so if you paid a deposit of $75, the balance of $150 is due ASAP, paypal'd to orders@novaprops.com. Be sure to include your shipping address and RPF username!

After spending some time working on a set this weekend, I have determined that the fee for finishing a pair for you will be $225. While not particularly difficult to assemble and finish, they will require alot of time sanding, polishing, priming and painting to complete, and that's working time we would rather devote to developing new products for our loyal customers.

photo.JPG

What you see here is what you'll receive in your kit (all bubble wrapped and protected for shipping of course!!). The rocket bodies, lower nozzles and mounting plates are all cold-cast aluminum resin, so rather than painting your rockets silver, you just need to sand and polish them for a real metallic sheen. I'll post more pics of progress tonight, but they look REALLY good when they are polished up. Once painted and weathered a little, these puppies will look like the real deal, even if you're not a paint pro.

The rocket mounts are attached to your spats/pants via chicago screws. The screws are included in the kit. you will need to drill the holes for the screws out with a drill bit, but we've marked the mounts with center punches so drilling should be easy and idiot-proof.

We will be fufilling orders in order of FULL payment received. If we get two payments the same day, we'll fill the order based on who paid their deposit first. So get your payments in now. Daniel Nelms has already begun casting sets and will be mailing them out as soon as we start getting paid. And I will be posting a photo tutorial of the finishing process very soon.

If you have any questions about the rockets, please post them here so everyone can see my answers.

Thanks all!

photo.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back