Limited Run GOTG - Star Lord's Boot Rockets - **NOW OPEN!**

Re: GOTG - Star Lord's Boot Rockets - **SPECIAL INTRO PRICE!**

I have to wait until friday (Payday), then will send payment f that's all right, what's the balance for the finished kits again?

Re: GOTG - Star Lord's Boot Rockets - **SPECIAL INTRO PRICE!**

Two are shipping today.
Talsiri I will be casting yours today and it should ship tomorrow morning.
hazardjsimpson Cowbybill I know how that is, no worries guys. :)

Don't forget to post come pictures of your finished rockets and to like our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/novapropsgroup so you can keep up with all our goings on.

On a side note I finished the matrix molds for our holsters and we've settled on a material for the job. Expect a run soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I'm on of the guys who made a deposit for the rocket. How long do I have till I can submit my full payment?

Another question is. Will be able to make a guide on "How to finish the Rocket Nova Prop" or not possible? Won't it be much easier for you and less time consuming so you can focus on the other products Daniel Nelms

By the way, great job on the production of the items. I'm still in love with the stamp logo :lol

Regards,
Zexccced

@zexceed Any time you are ready to you can make the final payment. I'm casting another pair right now so the next person who pays is the one getting this puppy.

Yeah we'll see about getting a video together, IronManiac doesn't have a video camera so it's a little more challenging. On the last video I actually made the 10 hour round trip out to shoot it but I don't know when I'll have time to do that again.

Got my rockets yesterday and they look awesome! :D At first I was wondering wth you were talking about with the polishing, but I just went ahead with it and it comes out pretty nice but will take a little bit of elbow grease or a nice powertool that way :p. I'll post a picture sometime this week attached to the custom spats I had made...it may make a few of you jelly, I also like the fancy stamp on the box and rockets lol :lol

jai lol yeah cold cast is pretty cool stuff huh? I would avoid the power tools however :eek:

A 220 grit sand paper works to quickly scuff up the surface then you can polish up with steel wool to make a shine.

IMG_3183.JPG

As you can see I haven't even finished my own set yet lol :)
But take a look at that mount after it's all polished up.

Thank goodness for this picture, I was actually wondering where the heck the magnet went lol. Yup once I sand her down and polish, that's the only step I'm using the power tools for :D I'll use a little bit of black acrylic and it should be ready to go. :)

Crimotaku hikz Can do. You'll want to go ahead and paypal us the cost is $275 for a pair which includes domestic shipping.
The paypal address is: orders@novaprops.com

These came out really good, they plug in and you give it a quarter turn to lock them in place just like in the movie. You can even hear that satisfying **click** from the magnets when they lock in. It's oh so groovy.

@Crimotaku @hikz Can do. You'll want to go ahead and paypal us the cost is $275 for a pair which includes domestic shipping.
The paypal address is: orders@novaprops.com

These came out really good, they plug in and you give it a quarter turn to lock them in place just like in the movie. You can even hear that satisfying **click** from the magnets when they lock in. It's oh so groovy.

Can i get a quote to Australia?

PICS!

rockets-3.jpgrockets-2.jpg

rockets-wip.jpgrocket-1.jpg

The last thing I have to do on this set is airbrush the bluing around the nozzles. The blue pic shows you my progress midway through.

My procedure is this:

1. Sand every surface with 220 grit sandpaper to begin the cold cast polish.
2. Polish every surface with #0000 steel wool to bring out the shine.
3. Paint on black details with black acryllic.
4. Install the pins, trimming as necessary for a good fit.
5. Assemble the rockets, install magnets and locking mechanism.

Its a pretty straight-forward finishing and assembly process, the cold cast looks really good and very realistic. I expected to go back with an airbrush to add shadow and dimension to the rockets themselves, but found that by polishing the high points and leaving the lower parts not as shiny, i got some great contrast and more realism.

We're really happy with how well these turned out.

VIDEO! of the locking mechanism at work (apologies for the vertical video):

[video]https://youtu.be/vCBorVtoxHI[/video]

rocket-1.jpg

rockets-2.jpg

rockets-3.jpg

rockets-wip.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back