Green Lantern Ring

Personally, I don't really care too much about the size since I'm not planning on wearing it around.

It was verified here that the ring was a 10.5 though, right?

Personally, I don't really care too much about the size since I'm not planning on wearing it around.

It was verified here that the ring was a 10.5 though, right?
Yep, straight from the horses' mouths... nexnox and Stormleader both confirmed that's the size they made for Ryan Reynolds to wear. :cool

Well, it could certainly have been cast from an original for the fce and side detail and the back end left open so that more people could wear it.
They probably guesses at a "typical GL fan" size and went with the size 14.

I saw one of these being made at ISS (well, I saw the pieces of it, sitting on a work table) but I think it hadn't yet been approved.
Very cool prop!

Well, it could certainly have been cast from an original for the fce and side detail and the back end left open so that more people could wear it.
They probably guesses at a "typical GL fan" size and went with the size 14.

I saw one of these being made at ISS (well, I saw the pieces of it, sitting on a work table) but I think it hadn't yet been approved.
Very cool prop!
Ummm... that's cool and all, but what's an ISS? I'm assuming they weren't assembling it on the International Space Station! ;)

I wonder if it's a size 13 so you can wear it over a glove. Ryan Reynolds may wear a 10.5, but if you wear a glove, you needca bigger size.

I wonder if it's a size 13 so you can wear it over a glove. Ryan Reynolds may wear a 10.5, but if you wear a glove, you needca bigger size.

That's a good point, although I wonder if DCD actually put that much though into it as to look to cosplayers and how it would benefit that...

I wear a size 13, so my thick fingers are glad it's coming in that size although it is puzzling that they wouldn't match Reynolds size...

That's a good point, although I wonder if DCD actually put that much though into it as to look to cosplayers and how it would benefit that...

I wear a size 13, so my thick fingers are glad it's coming in that size although it is puzzling that they wouldn't match Reynolds size...

Well, if he is ever wearing a real physical costume (or, if there are any close up shots that aren't CGI) he'd need a bigger size. It's also possible that the CG models of the ring are being used to create these and those could be in a bigger size.

Mike, your friend was given incorrect information. That is absolutely NOT a screen used ring.

LOL... Bro, its not worth it. Those of us that have held the real rings know what ones they are and what they look like... If others do not want to listen, or have faith in those who do the level and quality of work you guys do, do not bother.

Let them think they have the Holy Grail, one day they will look silly on their own. I think we lost count on how many versions were made, but I know one thing, the work on both the Lantern and the Rings was incredible! They looked alien and from another world! I was blow away just looking at them!

So it's totally beyond the realm of possibilities that some other branch of WB has other rings that may or may not have made it into the movie in one scene or other. Your propmaster was present for every scene shot.

WB, had nothing to do with the props... The crew has the props until the film is done... And yes, he was present for every one those shots! He was my boss, those came out the safe, went to the set and went back in the safe everyday! That guys works some serious hours!

Last edited:
BeatDeadHorse.gif

My question is why is there like 4 threads for this one ring?
Well, the ones I know about are...
  1. A general Movie Power Ring Prop Discussion Thread in the Replica Props Forum.
  2. A For Sale thread from Zenix, created in the Junkyard to sell his replicas of the movie power ring.
  3. A show-off thread from customizedhero specifically for showing off his power ring props that he makes himself.
  4. And then this thread, which was apparently started because someone's friend thought they had gotten to hold an original screen-used ring prop.
But the ring in this thread seems to have since been positively identified as a prototype for one of DC Direct's replicas, a replica that is not 100% accurate to the film prop.

Hope that answers your question.

Wether or not it's screen used, screen acurate or just the ring Reynolds used to wipe his arse in a scene that didn't quite make the cut it's still an awesome looking ring so thanks for the share :)

What I want to know is exactly how do people get these promotional items sent to them? and how do I get on the list? R there lots of hoops to jump threw? Im very curious, as Ive seen true blood things dollhouse items ..the list goes on? and Im left viaing for them on ebay? sigh

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back