Unlimited Run Hellboy Tooth Fairy (Dead or Alive)

Re: Hellboy Tooth Fairy (3D Printed Kit)

I saw a great article from Make magazine in which they showed that 3D printed shells filled with hot glue are much faster to print and, in a lot of cases, stronger than 30-50% infill structural parts. This might make shipping much cheaper as the customer could fill the very light hollow parts with hot glue after receiving them. They used one or more inlet and vent holes (drilled after or printed in place) in each piece and injected the hot glue under trigger pressure by inserting the hot glue gun tip into the inlet hole. For a light-weight, display-only kit like this one, maybe only the legs make sense, but maybe this technique would be useful on some of your gun kits?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I saw a great article from Make magazine in which they showed that 3D printed shells filled with hot glue are much faster to print and, in a lot of cases, stronger than 30-50% infill structural parts. This might make shipping much cheaper as the customer could fill the very light hollow parts with hot glue after receiving them. They used one or more inlet and vent holes (drilled after or printed in place) in each piece and injected the hot glue under trigger pressure by inserting the hot glue gun tip into the inlet hole. For a light-weight, display-only kit like this one, maybe only the legs make sense, but maybe this technique would be useful on some of your gun kits?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hmmm, I buy Make, will have to read that. Sounds interesting, but learning how to make molds is next on my list, if I ever find time:darnkids

It's been a bit since I've revisited this as the Blade Runner gun has been sucking 100% of my time. But this is still a go, we're going to be doing some more modelling on it tomorrow. Might have some renders to show you soon.

This is more of a passion project, something we work on between guns :D, in the end - I really want a tooth fairy on my desk at work...

Work continues on our little passion project, here's an early version of the top part of the tooth fairy:

Looking cool.

Only suggestion I'd have kinda echoes the others mentioned, but I'd like an option for a "on display" version like when it was in the lab.

Can't wait to see a kit!

Chris

Wow... Look very nice .... Get me on list for order when you ready please.... (`’·.¸ (`’·.¸*¤* ¸.·’´)¸.·’) ♥ *** THANKYOU *** ♥ (¸.·’´(¸.·’´* :* `’·.¸)`’·.)

You know the more I look at this little guy the more I see some places there could be some minor improvements. Mostly when compared to the fairies in the movie this lil' fella looks kind of thick.
ToothFairy.jpg

So maybe something more like this.
351am94.jpg

Love to see a printed version of this little guy...

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back