Done / Completed Iron Man Helmet Stand **NOW ACCEPTING PAYMENTS**

Pictures don't do this thing justice! It's the best stand Eric has done so far. Hope to get started on it soon to show off what it can look like finished

Just a little update on progress.

I finished up a batch of the main base today. Tomorrow, I plan to start cutting out the dimpled inserts and get those that have paid ready to ship.

-Eric

Today, I started making the inserts for the dimpled panel. For those of you interested in a painted one, I pulled one from the batch and put some primer on it today.

Tomorrow, I'll start cutting the acrylic panels for those that have already paid and if all goes well get some paint on this one.

These are coming along really nice!

-Eric

I was able to get a stand painted painted up using the Weathered Steel paint I referenced in an earlier post. For those interested in having me paint one for you, this is what it will look like painted.

-Eric

I think I'll go for a two tone gold and hot rod red on the outside and similar color to what you have shown on the center for one and have to think about the other.

I have updated the first post with those that have shipped. You should have received a tracking number from UPS.

I have a few of these ready to ship out for those that are ready.

-Eric

Here is a little taste of what you can do with quality ingredients like this stand. IMG_2172.JPG

The insert coming out made painting much easier. Now just some detailing with black in the recessed channels and the LED strips to ship. It is a base coat of red
Kylon and then dupli-color gold and (as close as I could find to Ironman's MK III red). I might see if I have any hex bolts that are the size of the small circle cutouts, cut them off paint them (or not depends on how they look) and glue them in.

Soon. Need to find high intensity LED strips that are long enough. The lighting on it is actually one long strip. I had to cut a small pass through between each light chamber to fit it but not hard to do. The socket bolts were a last min addition. Like the Red and Gold needed more bling.

Looking good! I think this needs to be done full size for a statue.

-Eric

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back