IS there Any interest is Watchmen costumes?* NITE OWL MASK ROUGH PULL PG6*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Setzer, i'd love to do the full suit but I can't handle the expense right now, especially since there is no market for it to help recoup the costs of materials, let alone time sculpting, I think I learned my lesson with the comedian suit lol.

Thanks for the pics Senator, there is actually only one I didn't have but always nice to see more shots of the suit.

Thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate it.

I feel you... I really feel you!!
I wached your project for a while now and each time i visit back i am impressed with the quality and dedication. I would love in future to get a Comedian costume.:):thumbsup

ok. ,,, yes I am doing the goggles, and this is a CRAPPY PULL! so there are defects in it, as you can see in these back pics , this was caused by pulling it before it should have been. You can still see all the correct details are there and the next pull will look real nice.

TMP -thanks man, this has been a huge amount of work for this stuff . If you ever get around to it I can make you one I'm sure. I was hoping that Manhattan would be a bigger draw, a full glow in the dark muscle suit.. whats not to love damnit ,,o well???? lol

Here is a few back pics ,,again keep in mind this cowl has defects .

DSC01317.jpg

DSC01315.jpg

OH! Only what I can say is...Fantastic!
You're my favorite costumer of Watchmen!
I'll make a Silk Spectre II costume in near future for myself and really interesting in your works as well for our fan-club of comics(and movie) heroes and heroines.

Hi Darthchiro,
How's it going withthe Nite Owl II cowl ans costume? I'm serously looking at that! Great work man, any idea on prices for a cowl to begin with? Please PM me! :)

Here is the good pull of the cowl, as for the suit, It would not be worth the expense and time to make it. Unfortunately There was very little interest in watchmen costumes last yr at its peak when the movie came out, and this yr there is about 0.

DSC03721.jpg
DSC03725.jpg

I have interest but am finding it difficult to source the parts I need. I have a cowl now, but I need proper goggles, and the crescent shaped weapons and belt. I have a cape, but I would love to swap it for a proper cape that is latex/pleather instead of nylon.

Edit: Btw, I noticed your batman and other latex muscle suits. I wonder if you could use that basis and airbrush a Nite Owl suit onto it. this could be attached onto a brown lycra body suit. just need to bronze up the latex body parts with some pattern. Doable?

Last edited:
Yeah, kind of a bummer with the Watchmen costumes. I think the only one that really took off was Rorschach's and I think that was because of ease and price (which actually after figuring all the parts was more expensive than your Comedian costume that you were offering).

I would -love- to get a Nite Owl II costume made, though, just can't find anyone to do it.

Again I could make the suit, this kind of thing is right up my alley but It would have to be commissioned, I can't do it for myself right now.

Mauibeachbumm I suppose a begins suit could be painted to work for the niteowl suit, or the detail could be glued over maybe, but its still a fair amount of work.

I'll make it in Urethane. I just re-made the side parts of the belt based on some pics sent to me today. Next I just want to fix the centre part to make it's shape a little cleaner.

OwlBeltMk2.jpg

Brad.

lol... firstly... Draw your belt up in CAD. .. Make yourself a milling maching.

DSC00731.jpg

And start milling.

DSC00911.jpg

Pour some silicon and then urethane.. and your done!!.

Brad.

as far as nightowl goes what price does the cowl go for?
im usually int in Batman type heroes, ie Moon Knight nuff said
just let me know/thx/Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back