Interest JIN ROH: The Wolf Brigade - Panzer Cop Armor (Protectgear)

Me too I would like to purchase 3d models too. No one cosplaying is my size (fat) to make a one size fits all look not as terrible.

So interested

A few years ago I was following a thread on here pretty closely on someone who was making the armor from the anime movie Jin Roh The Wolf Brigade. Sadly I think it fell through, as it has not been updated in quite some time. This sparked my pursuit in creating my own armor from the anime. For anyone who was following that thread and would like to have their own panzer cop armor, I have begun modeling and printing everything in hopes that I can churn out a few complete sets given enough interest. So that would be the big question...is anyone still interested in this costume? I would love to know what the numbers are before I fully commit myself down this rabbit hole.

Here are some renderings in case you need some visual examples of my work. Keep in mind these models are still works in progress.

Helmet & Night Vision Goggles

View attachment 1325575
View attachment 1325576

Poleyn & Greave

View attachment 1325577

Parts that I have test printed and had a round of sanding..

Tasset

View attachment 1325578

Cod Plate

View attachment 1325579

Left Arm Ammo Guide/Shield

View attachment 1325580

View attachment 1325581

Fresh off the print bed

Right Arm Vambrace

View attachment 1325582

View attachment 1325583

If any of this looks promising to the elusive Kerberos fan, please let me know!

__________________________UPDATE: 1/23/2018______________________________

More work on the helmet and mask since that seems be whats appealing to you all. I'd be okay doing just a run of the helmet and mask if no one is interested in the rest of the armor.

View attachment 1325584

______________________UPDATE 1/26/2018____________________

The mask and helmet are more or less finished. I just need to add a few minor details like the teardrop thingies on the mask brow.

View attachment 1325585

View attachment 1325586

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

INTEREST LIST AS OF 1/24/2021
1. Dao2
2. Gee2
3. Macorrie
4. CadetTK2386
5. Mechamaniac
6. Retroneon
7. Madchippy6
8. The Game Guru
9. Shenphong
10. TableAttack99
11. Bismarck117
12. NEKROFANATIC
13. Red Outlaw6
14. Eltee
15. mightysnafu
16. MoveZaNeedle
I am also interested in the whole thing but what are you looking at on price point? If you are only doing the helm and mask is there a way I can get the stl for the rest? I have a large format printer and would like to have the whole thing if possible.

interested also. need to know price of course and also being international might be easier to sell a digital file I can print but also to buy physical if shipping isn't prohibitive

2022 is looking like a year I can devote the time and attention to detail this costume deserves.

Last edited:
Since I wasn't really happy with how the facemask was turning out, I hopped on the Revopop 2 3D scanner bandwagon and have one coming in two weeks. The plan is this..

I have an old 1/6 scale vinyl garage kit of the Protect Gear sculpted by Takuma Katsuo which looks really spot on (its a shame the helmet actually looks pretty wonky but the facemask is brilliant).

I'll scan this up and reverse engineer it in Maya, fixing a few scaling issues and adding minor details. Once that's done it will be time to print out the master and do all the fun mold stuff.

IMG_3512.jpg
IMG_3513.jpg

Got an email today that says the scanner should ship by this coming weekend. Fingers crossed it doesn't get further delayed as some kickstarters are fated to do.

Since I wasn't really happy with how the facemask was turning out, I hopped on the Revopop 2 3D scanner bandwagon and have one coming in two weeks. The plan is this..

I have an old 1/6 scale vinyl garage kit of the Protect Gear sculpted by Takuma Katsuo which looks really spot on (its a shame the helmet actually looks pretty wonky but the facemask is brilliant).

I'll scan this up and reverse engineer it in Maya, fixing a few scaling issues and adding minor details. Once that's done it will be time to print out the master and do all the fun mold stuff.

View attachment 1552780View attachment 1552781

Got an email today that says the scanner should ship by this coming weekend. Fingers crossed it doesn't get further delayed as some kickstarters are fated to do.
Glad to see you're still going. Just found out about this project and wanted to let you know that people are still interested.

View attachment 1552780View attachment 1552781

Glad to see you're still going. Just found out about this project and wanted to let you know that people are still interested.

Just came across this threat while looking for this exact armor for a friend.
He has wanted to do an armor set for several years now. And asked me if I knew of anything. I sent him the link to this threat, told him it seems to be the most promising, and I would be happy to print the armor for him.
I hope to see this come to through, would be a blast to make this for him!

This project will resume in the fall. Finishing my current commissions, as I want to have a clean slate to allow as much needed time for this as possible.

Hey there! Was sent here from another forum post, are you still printing? And have you figured out a price sheet for any of the pieces?

Hey. I had a bit of a tragedy and lost the harddrive that had all the progress and files for this project on it :(
I've never had an issue with HDs getting corrupted but lesson learned. Always have a backup.

I'm not sure if I'm going to pick this project back up (starting from scratch), but I might give it a try soon.

Out of curiosity, what was the other forum post that led you here?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back