Interest The Gillard: Nick Gillard / Cin Drallig stunt hilt

guabe

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The Gillard

For those not familiar. During the filming of the prequels, Master stunt coordinator Nick Gillard was responsible for many things but most noticeably the lightsaber combat/choreography. During the phantom menace & attack of the clones, the lightsabers used for the choreography practice, were mostly a simpler version of the hero hilts. They were made mostly in resin with some metal parts and they used metal rods (aluminum?) that would bent easily over time.
02cb650f17e4b57cd32a6a80b5665cee.jpg510a13b21bd5a312cb6fd237e121738c.jpg998000c497e0e92f8c6c02e3a60db0d4 (1).jpgUntitled 15.jpg
It wasn't until Episode 3 that they started using carbon fiber rods to replace the aluminum ones and made the sabers last longer. I might be wrong on this so please correct me if I am. There was a stunt hilt made that I assume was Nick's favorite cause he is seen with it all the time in the behind the scenes. I might have this backwards and it was just a hilt created for his Character Cin Drallig. Oh almost forgot, this hilt was also used in promo pics for Ki Adi Mundi
drallg2.jpgnickgillard_5.jpgs-l1600.jpgIMG_0608.jpegkiadiep3_01.jpg

And here are some fan pics with Nick
Star-wars-4.jpgdosge6-30f89aa3-8175-4422-9704-c669cbf1d07f.jpg

Talking with Anakin Starkiller the hilt seems to be just a metal tube with chromed resin emitter and pommel. The use/wear of the hilt and time made the pommel and emitter look goldish.
1696796543920.pngComparison new model04.jpgIMG_0776.jpeg

Anyways this is my rendition to the Nick Gillard (Cin Drallig) stunt hilt
Shaak ti (6).png

Shaak ti (3).png

Shaak ti (5).png

This hilt is made out of an aluminum center tube and nickel plated brass emitter and pommel. The reason i am going this route is because I want the hilt to be all metal but still look accurate to what you see in the pictures. If you want a pristine look you can leave it as is, but if you want a more worn and gold look, you just sand down part of the plating and expose the brass.

Here are some pics with overlays for accuracy purposes and the overall length
Comparison new model02.jpegComparison new model03.jpegComparison new model.jpg
Comparison new model05.jpg

As always my hilt designs are installable, so this comes with a swappable emitter and pommel endcaps and a body that you can fit an LGT or TXQ core. However you will have to drill holes to the body since it comes clean like the stunt version. If you don't want to mod your hilt's body you can still use gesture controls to turn on and off, which is what I plan to do.
CD04.jpg
CD05.jpg

CD06.jpgCD07.jpg

Included with the hilt is a threaded rod that can be used to secure a 10mm Carbon fiber tube that you can buy from Amazon or any other place you like. Just make sure that the tube has a 8mm ID, 10mm OD and for length 1000mm is perfect. If you don't want to DIY the stunt blade you can buy the Saberz.com nova carbon blades, just make sure you buy the 7/8"s adapter with the short push rod.
New CF rod01.jpgNew CF rod02.jpgNew CF rod03.jpg
There will be another production made for the "Canonized" Cin Drallig hilt as described on this thread: LINK. I decided to split them up since they are entirely 2 different constructions. More to come on that project later.

Schedule:

Interest list opens today
Printed prototypes to be made by 4/14
Preorder begins May the 4th
Prototypes will be ready by 5/15
Production starts 5/24
Hilts ready by mid to third week of June

The hilt will come with:

Aluminum body
Nickel plated Brass emitter + 2 caps (Static + FX)
Nickel plated brass pommel + 2 endcaps (Static + FX)
Steel threaded rod for carbon tube (not included)
Box designed by Christian Cruz (Who else?)

Cost:
$195 @ 50 units (The run will be 50 at minimum)
$175 @ 100+ units (If we can get 100+ the cost lowers to $175)

Notes:
Shipping is not included.
Carbon rods is not included.

Special thanks to all the folks here that made this possible by supplying valuable information and pictures. People like Teecrooz, Anakin Starkiller etc.

Interest list is now open. Please ask any questions you might have.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back