Kurtz Dossier from Apocalypse Now (open source for all!)

On the red "Top Secret" file I am not sure Adam has it right. Ivory 3 does not have anything more or less secret than the previous two files, Ivory 1 and 2. Ivory 4 should be Red "Top Secret" one as that is the one showing his atrocities.

Overall the Dossier is not shown that much as far as files, so Adam mentioned he decided how to organize the files and I think he did a great job, but the Red "Top Secret" file should be Ivory 4. The atrocities. Everything else is just regular "Classified." Adam has the photos of the atrocities and the ID cards marked as classified in the pouch. I can't say now if those ones are shown in the film, but they should be "Top Secret" as well I think.

Anyway that is what I am going to do with mine.

I am so glad this came up now. I am on Spring break and alone as my wife and kids are on a mission group with our church to Mexico. I was hoping to get a lot of repairs done around the house, but I got sick. Not so bad that I have to be in bed, but I can't do much else. I am also trying not to spend much time in front of screens these days. I had nothing to do, and nothing to look at online, so it worked out perfect to start on this as I needed a online project to research while I'm sick.

Gonna have a major printing fest soon.

On the red "Top Secret" file I am not sure Adam has it right. Ivory 3 does not have anything more or less secret than the previous two files, Ivory 1 and 2. Ivory 4 should be Red "Top Secret" one as that is the one showing his atrocities.

Overall the Dossier is not shown that much as far as files, so Adam mentioned he decided how to organize the files and I think he did a great job, but the Red "Top Secret" file should be Ivory 4. The atrocities. Everything else is just regular "Classified." Adam has the photos of the atrocities and the ID cards marked as classified in the pouch. I can't say now if those ones are shown in the film, but they should be "Top Secret" as well I think.

Anyway that is what I am going to do with mine.

I am so glad this came up now. I am on Spring break and alone as my wife and kids are on a mission group with our church to Mexico. I was hoping to get a lot of repairs done around the house, but I got sick. Not so bad that I have to be in bed, but I can't do much else. I am also trying not to spend much time in front of screens these days. I had nothing to do, and nothing to look at online, so it worked out perfect to start on this as I needed a online project to research while I'm sick.

Gonna have a major printing fest soon.
It always works out in the end! I have been working on ivory 4 for the past like 4 hours and im around halfway done. I will upload what I have made so far.

Any ideas on paper to use for the staple in magazine story?

I checked and could not find anything other than double sided paper. No clue on thickness, matching a magazine paper, etc.

Any ideas on paper to use for the staple in magazine story?

I checked and could not find anything other than double sided paper. No clue on thickness, matching a magazine paper, etc.
That is another thing I can ask FedEx tomorrow. They have larger format printers so it may be doable

That is another thing I can ask FedEx tomorrow. They have larger format printers so it may be doable

I assume your going to ask about all our folders, envelopes, etc. I can pick up all of them and send them to you to get printed. What we don't need we can give to our fellow Dossier makers.

When it comes to photopaper, Glossy or Semi Glossy?

Also, anyone know of a photopaper with a blank back? I usually use HP and it tends to have HP all over it. Not very Vietnam era looking.

I was up in Portland today, and I stopped by this store called scrap (if you are in the Portland area check it out) and got a bunch of office supplies and envelopes. I quickly did a test to see if I can print on them and its quite easy so consider that done. I called FedEx and they said they cannot print on manila folders. it looks like the only real option is screen-printing. Not something I am familiar with at all and seems to be quite the project. I just finished up printing all the ivory's and getting them all put together, it really is quite something.

As for the photos, what I did was have them professionally printed at my local Walgreens. they only charge like .29 cents per 4x6 which is what the vast majority of the photos are sized in. Its really easy to do and you can pick it up within like 20 minutes. Here is a link : Prints | Prints from Instagram | Turn Instagram Photos to Prints | Walgreens

Alright I've been messing around with my printer for a while and was able to print on manila folders. It its litterally the perfect size to be able to feed into my printer. it really doesn't like how thick the paper is but there is ink on it so that is good enough for me. I will try to get it right tomorrow! I can print the envelope he gets at the start as well,

Update: got it with the correct text, not bad just a bit off center

Attachments

• FOLDERPAPER.jpg
    FOLDERPAPER.jpg
    840.2 KB · Views: 22
  • FOLDER.jpg
    FOLDER.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:
I have onion paper on the way as well as the previously mentioned "Red" folders. Also some thin semi gloss printer paper I want to try to use for the magazine inserts and Time cover.

I am gonna make two sets. One for me and one for a friend. I can share the rest.

After the 10th I am gonna order all the folders, plastic holders, etc. So I will have some to share.

Last edited:
Don't get this Onion Paper. It comes, not in a box, but shrink wrapped and is now very wavy. I don't know if it will print. I would likely have to iron the pieces.

I also have the Military Jacket files, black vinyl adhesive sheets, Apocalypse Redux on Blue Ray, on the way. I don't like the Final Cut as it ditches some stuff I like.

The "Red" folders, magazines, map bag, and a cool Vietnam map should be here is a week or two.

Like I said I will order the Ivory folders and big Envelopes around the 10th.

Don't get this Onion Paper. It comes, not in a box, but shrink wrapped and is now very wavy. I don't know if it will print. I would likely have to iron the pieces.

I also have the Military Jacket files, black vinyl adhesive sheets, Apocalypse Redux on Blue Ray, on the way. I don't like the Final Cut as it ditches some stuff I like.

The "Red" folders, magazines, map bag, and a cool Vietnam map should be here is a week or two.

Yeah when I saw it was called “glassine” paper I wasn’t sure if it would be the right stuff, I have been trying different papers and have used tracing paper. I think it make the right noise and feels good. Maybe try going to a local art store and looking for tracing paper? I got these in the mail today. Genuine air mail envelopes. They are only 2 dollars on eBay, and will be perfect for the Colby file if I decide to do that later. Do you want me to order the vinyl envelopes and try to take on that or would you prefer to do it?

Attachments

• 746AD127-8C0D-4709-8241-08265345AD7C.jpeg
    746AD127-8C0D-4709-8241-08265345AD7C.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6

Also if you want I can order the internal envelopes so you don’t have to ship those to me and I can just print them then ship it to you

Yeah when I saw it was called “glassine” paper I wasn’t sure if it would be the right stuff, I have been trying different papers and have used tracing paper. I think it make the right noise and feels good. Maybe try going to a local art store and looking for tracing paper? I got these in the mail today. Genuine air mail envelopes. They are only 2 dollars on eBay, and will be perfect for the Colby file if I decide to do that later. Do you want me to order the vinyl envelopes and try to take on that or would you prefer to do it?

I will do that. No worries. Those get ordered on the 10th as well.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back