Licensed Pulse Rifle pre-order

I have a PDF version of the note included with the HCG pulseys. There is no mention of the thompson nor remington's bolt, movement, etc. Other than instructions about activating the battery pack and adjusting the stock, there is this:

Both of the triggers are non-functioning and should not be "pulled". Do not pull hard or try to force the trigger back as in this can break the trigger blade. Damage caused this way is not covered by warranty.

This is a non-functioning replica for display purposes only and cannot be modified to fire any kind of projectile. Attemping to modify this prop in this way may result in serious injury or death.

Thanks for shareing.
That backs up the summation of the situation as it stands down here in my earlier posts.
It is a good thing that the B7O9A permits are being enforced, to make the system more uniform throughout the Country.
Please let us know how Tony goes with his.

Exchanged some more dialogue with Tony last night, via email. Again, published here only with expressed permission and to help provide some clarity to the "Australia Incident".

Tony said:
Hi Tom

Got the rifle today.
Awesome!!! Score 11+ out of 10.
Extremely pleased with it.
No hassles with Aussie customs and police clearance.

Tony

tommin said:
That is wonderful news! Just to be sure, did you order from a local dealer or online direct? Wondering because of the rumor of 30+ pulseys being seized by Australian customs. Glad you got it and glad you are happy with it. I know that I am very pleased with mine. :) - Tom

Tony said:
I ordered online direct dealt with Mark and Colin.
Tony said:
A store here has two, but they want too much $$ for them.
Online was heaps more economical especially with the high Aussie dollar at the moment,
I was under the $1,000 threshold to avoid customs duty tax as well...bonus.

I was told from reliable sources, a store (popcultcha.com.au) in Melbourne, interstate had 30 pulse rifles on order, but they decided to cancel their order earlier this year , since customs told them they would not be allowed..... but who knows the full story and facts on that is... maybe they wanted to avoid the required police permit procedure, but they are in a different State... (Melbourne, VICTORIA), so police administration/laws on these replicas may vary as well. Customs laws however, are the same from State to State as they are uniform Federal laws.

The 30 or so pulse rifles being seized, I don't know about, never heard about this apart from seeing the "rumour" on the RPF forum. But depends what seized means anyway. Customs seize items here all the time, for holding, inspection, testing etc. etc. Some that are totally prohibited, dangerous, illegal are sent back or destroyed, but pulse rifles are replicas and usually are seized for inspection, held sometimes pending permit submission as they are controlled import items, not fully prohibited.

If someone tried to import 30 or so of these, they usually have to go through a customs broker or agent first to prepare the importation forms...a slightly different procedure than just importing one or two at a time.
If someone deliberately imports many of these guns and in a concealed format, hidden in a container with coffee beans (hee hee), then that will upset customs officials, hence a likely permanent siezure etc.... fines, prosecution. Well... it will always remain a rumour, until we hear firm evidence otherwise.
Anyway...these pulse rifles are quite easy to pass through customs.... not so easy if they used real gun parts.
I've already stuch a metal serial plate on mine.
Very happy chappy...... now to hunt down some Xenomorphs.

Tony

tommin said:
Hey Tony, That's awesome news. I would like to pass along some of your info here to help clarify the "Australia Incident". But that is only, if it is okay with you. The most important thing is that you received as an individual collector and ordered online as opposed to relying on a local broker. The news of the order cancelation, as you mentioned, may have been misinterpreted incorrectly thus causing a small panic.
tommin said:
In any event, I am glad that you received it and are happy with your purchase. Saving a little extra cash doing so is a nice bonus too.
BTW, did you ever get in touch with Matt about ordering a sling? - Tom

Tony said:
Tony said:
Pass on my email info is fine.
I sent Matt an email last night, again expressing my interest in a PR sling.
Have not heard from him, but can wait long time...not urgent.
Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats great news Tom, great for Tony and also for all the proplovers down here who already have to put up
with the `tyranny of distance` when it comes to getting these kind of props.
Harmful rumours about item seizure and destruction only add uncertainty to already uncertain potential buyers. This news should now put those uncertanties to rest.
If times were better and i was sure i would get a perfect one, with the dollar sooo good at the minute, would get one in a heartbeat.

My Pulse Rifle is finally arrived! Whoo-hoo!
It has a slight droop, but I can deal with it.

A dream has finally come true, I wanted that gun since the first time I saw Aliens, many many years ago. :)

I am actually a little confused by this "Don't pull the trigger" hint. The Trigger on my PR works just fine and is always forced back into it's initial position after releasing it. It does not feel slobby or fragile at all. Well, okay, the grenade launcher trigger is kinda blowing in the wind and just dangling around, but for me it's the gun trigger that counts and it operates like it is supposed to.

Did anyone brake the trigger just by operating it? I can't imagine.

I am actually a little confused by this "Don't pull the trigger" hint. The Trigger on my PR works just fine and is always forced back into it's initial position after releasing it. It does not feel slobby or fragile at all. Well, okay, the grenade launcher trigger is kinda blowing in the wind and just dangling around, but for me it's the gun trigger that counts and it operates like it is supposed to.

Did anyone brake the trigger just by operating it? I can't imagine.

I think for the most part, they mean the grenade laucher trigger, but they want you to be careful when pulling either trigger. The main trigger on my pulse rifle works like yours does and I have not had any problems with it. The trigger on my grenade launcher does not move at all and I have NOT tried to force it.

If I am not mistaken, there are certain loop holes that cater to the export/import of replicas with "non-functioning" triggers. I won't even suggest that, that is the case here. But who can really say? :angel

What is the best way to fix the barrel droop without any damage? :confused Which tool can be used?

41788357.jpg

What is the best way to fix the barrel droop without any damage? :confused Which tool can be used?

You will probably get the same response here as in the other thread. You basically have two options:

- Turn the gun upside down, heat it up carefully (the area where the SPAS enters the shroud) with a heat gun and correct the barrel position once you feel it start to loosen. You might need to use a metal bar or something to carefulyl pry. Note: You cannot remove ALL the droop because of the way the SPAS sits inside the shroud. Even the best ones have a little.

- Take it apart completely. This will most likely mean replacing the SPAS and Thomson receiver because they will probably not make it.

(Note: I haven't tried either of these myself so I can't tell you exactly what could happen. Both methods are risky.)

- Turn the gun upside down, heat it up carefully (the area where the SPAS enters the shroud) with a heat gun and correct the barrel position once you feel it start to loosen. You might need to use a metal bar or something to carefulyl pry. Note: You cannot remove ALL the droop because of the way the SPAS sits inside the shroud. Even the best ones have a little.

If someone has tried this option, How many minutes does it take to melt the glue and how can i make glue dry faster?

If someone has tried this option, How many minutes does it take to melt the glue and how can i make glue dry faster?

If I had to guess I'd say it would heat up in 5-15 minutes or so depending on how much heat you use.

The glue will stiffen fairly quickly. Put the gun in a cool place to make it dry faster (but too much cold quickly can cause cracks so don't put it in the freezer or something).

I'm getting one of these for Christmas - super excited! I'm hoping sometime down the road some sound FX and a working counter can be added...

Mine is coming directly from Matsu and I've been guaranteed there will be NO issues with it, and coming from Matsu I should expect nothing less than quality assurance.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back