Licensed Pulse Rifle pre-order

This is all pointless anyway, there was never 33 PR`s held or destroyed by Customs and that was the point of the whole thing
from my side and the only thing we know for sure is that 9 that were ordered from a specific point and nine got through.
Myth busted.

...I hope you are correct. ...this is now 2 for 2 of the cameron pieces, that I have been involved with, plagued by a number of issues.

HALO and starblazers my be my strongest forte.

I dont quite understand what you mean there tommin.

Since Alienscollection wrote that HCG had told him that the nine PR`s ordered through Big Bad, all got through, it makes a mockery of the claim that 33 PR`s were seized
and destroyed here in Australia. I would be very surprised if 20 at the most would ever be ordered in the first place, and that Customs here would never needlessly destroy
such objects without trying at the very least to return them.

via email and submitted with explicit permission:

I used to own a "background" or stunt version of the ICONS pulse rifle. I sold it many years ago.
I have no pulse rifles at all in hand at the moment. One in transit... a HCG Brown Bess (Aussie dollar is pretty high at the moment so a good time to buy it now and avoid the customs TAX on it as well), which should land in Australia in a day or so. HCG checked it out before shipping it and sent me a photo of it...with little or no "sag" or as most people refer to as droop. I am not a member of the RPForum... have read it a few times and your website from time to time.

The requirement in Australia to import replica guns has not changed much over the years but they are getting tougher on them, especially when it comes to small guns like pistols. I am sure you have heard about the Aussie import requirements many times before....Simple, the law is that replica guns are restricted items (not prohibited at the moment), means they are customs controlled at the time of import. Customs seize the gun, hold it for a short time so that the importer has an opportunity to respond to their request(s). Usually they ask for a B709A permit for replicas, which is obtained by the local firearms police divison for each individual State (each State in Australia has their own terms/laws that surround the issuing of a B709A permit). The B709A was issued to me last week by the police here and it has a 2 month expiry date, which is normal for these permits....enough time to bring it down to customs so they can hand over the gun to me.

The permit B709A can have a time extension (if one needs it) so as to pickup goods or sort out issues etc. Some States here are tougher on replica guns, but these pulse rifles should not be a problem in all States. The police do a check on the gun usually with the information on the internet is enough (including a look at the customs report in some cases) or they may wish to physically handle/see the gun.... and a background history check on the individual person importing the item, before they decide to issue the permit.
If it is a firing BB-gun or other projectile firing gun, it needs a different permit (usually a full gun licence).
So... sometimes I see members on forums saying some things that are just plain incorrect, wrong or misleading about importing guns in Australia. Some say, some of these PRifles were destroyed at customs....unlikely! (only in rare or specific circumstances can this happen).

One of the biggest collectibles stores in another State here, (Victoria) was going to import 30 of these rifles and I heard earlier this year, from someone that this collectibles shop were informed by Aussie customs that they will not be allowed to import these and warned that they would be seized and attract a big fine or prosecution. Well I am skeptical when I hear these from people. you hear different stories all the time. it is true that the store has decided not to import any.....but I do not know all the facts of this case. maybe it was a simple case that they weren't bothered going through the importing red-tape (which I guess there is) or probably B709A permits are only issued to individuals with low volume or singleimport items... who knows, unless you get the truth or full info from the police and customs. This is why I tend to ignore advice people give on forums or similar when it comes to customs laws etc. best to checkout the officials directly.

Some say these are prohibited items....wrong! (depends what some people actually mean when they say prohibited anyway....They are restricted or controlled items. Some people say it is all too hard and impossible to get these in to Australia........well it should not be. Depends on their own experience (some people have bad luck when dealing with some officials or they may have a personal "criminal history" etc...... If the customs officers and the police officers follow the written law and import procedures properly... it is relatively easy to get these into Australia.

I don't have much experience with importing replica guns at all, but I must admit, there has been some hiccups when it comes to some police officers making up their own rules or not interpretting the gun laws properly (happened when I tried to import a Blade runner pistol a few years ago). But recently, end of 2009, some of the replica gun laws have been tidied up and clarified, making it easier to to administer and avoid misuse etc.
My pulse rifle is still in transit, but I am confident it should be OK. Customs have seen the HCG website many weeks ago when I enquired and they said via email that all I need is to produce a B709A permit at the time of import.

Sorry Tom about rabbling on about this...
Can't wait to get my pulse rifle. Been hanging out for years to get a decent M41A replica....no I won't take it apart for the shrouds :eek:)

Tony

Thanks for shareing.
That backs up the summation of the situation as it stands down here in my earlier posts.
It is a good thing that the B7O9A permits are being enforced, to make the system more uniform throughout the Country.

Back when i got my Sidkit and just before it arrived, i went to Firearms Permits here and went through the whole drama of checking if it was ok etc etc, even showing them Sids site , i was told if it was seized, i would be informed and to notify them and they would clear it.
They actually wanted me to be a test case against the Customsdept because they were sick of being involved in petty imports.
They said contact them if i get a letter.

The sidkit arrived on my step the next day anyway and i left it at that.
Please let us know how Tony goes with his.

My experience with Customs in OZ is now 4 years old, but I had some difficulty with getting in a Wilco Models firefly resin kit. After specifically contacting the firearms branch prior to the item arrival (after ordering I must admit) and also contacting Customs I was told by both that it wasn't worth me enquiring. The Customs officer specifically told me "We wouldn't be interested in that." ?!??

Fast forward 4 weeks and my kit had still not arrived I called Customs again to be told that they wouldn't stop a plastic kit. Lo and behold the very next day I received a letter saying from Customs saying I needed a B709A. So they did have it, but either couldn't be bothered looking me up, or saw on their system that they had sent the letter and avoided any possibile phone rage. Anyway trip to the Firerms branch and the police officer was very obliging, and was rather vocal that it was hardly worth his time following up all of Customs crazy rulings. One B709A later and I had my solid resin kit.

Still the whole debacle left a bad taste in my mouth, I got my kit exactly 2 days after the event I wanted it for, and have not since even attempted to import again.

Still ownign a PR would be an excuse to try again at some stage :p

The bottom line is that so far, no one has come forward and said their HGC Pulse Rifle had been seized and destroyed. Other than the original post on another forum saying 33 PL's had been destroyed, there has been no proof that it ever happened and I really think something like that would have made been made mention of somewhere. Another point against it ever happening is that HGC said that so far, everyone they have sent has gotten through.

I also don't think that Customs would destroy $40000 worth of goods without giving the sender the option of getting them back. But that may just be wishful thinking on my part.

Here's some pretty good news. :)

After some long back and forths with HCG (with me being a bit of a bother to them), they sent me a replacement OD PR. I had absolutely no problems with their customer service, and the person I spoke with via email was above and beyond helpful.

I tried to do my best to get the same angle as in my original droopy PR, and I think you can see that the replacement is a LOT straighter. :thumbsup

The PR overall isn't PERFECT, mind you. There are a few miniscule issues that probably won't get resolved without me actually heading down to HCG HQ and personally picking out a replacement after going through their entire stock (or mixing and matching parts and having them build the thing right in front of me. lol). But the droop is gone, so I'm happy with the results. I hope that everyone else going through an exchange process is getting the kind of service I received.

Old droopy PR on top. Replacement on bottom

pictureaq.jpg

prreplacement.jpg

I wonder if they received all of the PRs from China or if they are coming in in batches. My last payment should have been on the 19th and they won't answer any of my emails. I can't even get a shipping qoute still.

So this is probably gonna sound like a really stupid newbie question.
If all of the Pulse rifles have been sold, how does HCG replace peoples droopy rifles? Not only the droopy ones but ones which may have been damaged in Transit, faulty electronics etc.
Would they repair any sent back so they can send it out again, or during the manufacturing process do they keep a certain % spare for any problems that might happen?

If all of the Pulse rifles have been sold, how does HCG replace peoples droopy rifles? Not only the droopy ones but ones which may have been damaged in Transit, faulty electronics etc.
Would they repair any sent back so they can send it out again, or during the manufacturing process do they keep a certain % spare for any problems that might happen?

Most companies like HGC keep a certain amount of pieces that are not included in the official count for replacing damaged or lost goods. I'm sure HGC has done the same thing. For example, eFX did that with the Tricorder so they could replace damaged ones, which they then destroyed when returned for replacement. In this way, only the specified number get out to the public.

They would be crazy not to have a few extras made. Odds are they made quite a few before they even started counting them as edition numbers. (Call it a sort of warm up run.)

Yes! I got my PR on friday. Finally!

Yeah, it has a slight droop, but all in all I'm totally satisfied with it.

After waiting for weeks and weeks on news from my german retailer, I'm happy to lay my hands on it.

I love it!

If it were mine, I would keep it. As has been stated by a few others, they may not be able to find a replacement for you and if they do, you don't know if it is going to be any better.

When I received mine, I was absolutey sure that it did NOT have the droop and it was not until a month or so later that I realized that it was there, just not to noticable. So, I can live with it.

The bottom line is, can you live with it.

Good luck either way.

Got mine. #78 BB. Slight Thompson barrel droop, pretty good 870 droop, 870 trigger mashed back and stuck, 870 twisted and cover plate loose, digital display mounted crooked. A for effort, D for execution, F for quality control and attention to detail. So all in all it looks good from down the road. I put it back in the box and will keep it to butcher for the shrouds, the rest of it is a bunch of fragile crap. They even include a note telling you not to rack the bolt back. Note to next PR builder, make the damn thing tough enough to hold and handle. No more HCG for me....

DSCN0598.jpg

DSC03342.jpg

DSC03343.jpg

They would be crazy not to have a few extras made. Odds are they made quite a few before they even started counting them as edition numbers. (Call it a sort of warm up run.)

Joe,
I just got the replacement for my PR that was damaged during shipping. I was expecting that the new one would have the same edition number as the original one (or none at all). However, it looks like the new one is one of the original run of 1000. It's also interesting, that the new one has a lower edition number than the original one.

Cheers,
Stefan

Got mine. #78 BB. Slight Thompson barrel droop, pretty good 870 droop, 870 trigger mashed back and stuck, 870 twisted and cover plate loose, digital display mounted crooked. A for effort, D for execution, F for quality control and attention to detail. So all in all it looks good from down the road. I put it back in the box and will keep it to butcher for the shrouds, the rest of it is a bunch of fragile crap. They even include a note telling you not to rack the bolt back. Note to next PR builder, make the damn thing tough enough to hold and handle. No more HCG for me....

DSCN0598.jpg

DSC03342.jpg

DSC03343.jpg

So, they make it, with a moving bolt, but tell the customer, not to touch it? Go figure. How fragile are they, overall, really got tempted early on, but with any of these licensed props, there is ALWAYS that little voice in my head saying "dont do it".
Pretty cool we have guys here that give you the real skinny, not paint it all pretty colors.

lee

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back