Interest Machine Shop Services - Next Run

...What about a run of machined hammers and triggers for a Mauser that are accurate in shape and dimensions that could be machined for either a Denix or an MGC? The main reason that I state this is because the trigger and hammer on a Denix are pretty fugly, and though they can both be made better, they'll never be perfect. As for the MGC, the trigger pin has always stuck out for me, and the hammer, while close, is slightly off too.

Also, for my second MGC, I was in the process of sanding the hammer down, but I accidently removed a little too much material in one spot, and now it looks wrong, so I'm in need a new one.

How about the greeblies on ESB and ROTJ E-11's? There are resin ones floating around but metal would be nice.

do you have any pics?

- - - Updated - - -

...What about a run of machined hammers and triggers for a Mauser that are accurate in shape and dimensions that could be machined for either a Denix or an MGC? The main reason that I state this is because the trigger and hammer on a Denix are pretty fugly, and though they can both be made better, they'll never be perfect. As for the MGC, the trigger pin has always stuck out for me, and the hammer, while close, is slightly off too.

Also, for my second MGC, I was in the process of sanding the hammer down, but I accidently removed a little too much material in one spot, and now it looks wrong, so I'm in need a new one.

I don't think there would be enough interest for a run

As far as the droid callers go I really want to do that run but I need an original Kobold to measure,
I don't want to measure from a casting because I don't know what kind of shrinkage it had and I want it as accurate as possible,
I will offer a DL44 kit to trade for a Kobold if anyone is interested........

That might work. On the other hand, the value of a Kobold is skyrocketing. I just watched one today sell for over $260 and it wasn't even the correct version. I think you might get more takers if you make some sort of offer to borrow a correct kobold rather than ask them to part with it..

That might work. On the other hand, the value of a Kobold is skyrocketing. I just watched one today sell for over $260 and it wasn't even the correct version. I think you might get more takers if you make some sort of offer to borrow a correct kobold rather than ask them to part with it..

Actually I think you are right, I will trade a DL44 kit or machined droid caller to just borrow a kobold for a few days so I can measure it.
(let's see if that works.....)

Here are some info pages and original item photo galleries for droid callers on partsofstarwars.com:

Luke ANH: http://www.partsofsw.com/lukdcanh.htm

Han ANH: http://www.partsofsw.com/handcanh.htm

Han ESB: http://www.partsofsw.com/handcej.htm

Han ROTJ: http://www.partsofsw.com/handcrotj.htm

I've asked RPF member lonepigeon of partsofstarwars to chime in here too.

Resin Han replicas seem fairly available. A run of Luke ANH -style would be pretty cool!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info!

do you have any pics?

- - - Updated - - -

I have some resin greeblies for both E-11's but unfortunately these aren't dead accurate, top grey ROTJ, bottom white ESB.

P1050838.JPGP1050839.JPG

I have some resin greeblies for both E-11's but unfortunately these aren't dead accurate, top grey ROTJ, bottom white ESB.

View attachment 371024View attachment 371025

Interesting, the flat parts should be waterjet cut, maybe as a future run,

Right now I have a real Kobold on the way and will do a run of droid callers next, I will put up a thread in a couple weeks :cheers

Marv is da man! An original Kobold showed up at my door today.
I am going to copy it exactly, working quick release, push buttons, lever, spring loaded ball bearings on the t-slot,
I can't do the Kobold logo, (I can but don't want to because of copyright), you guys will just have to finish and assemble,
I think everything can screw together so no glue needed, I will put up an interest thread in a couple of weeks after I digest it a little.

Is there a real copyright issue? Can you o some partial logo magic? Leave gaps or something slightly off?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back