Interest Machine Shop Services - Next Run

Weren't there different kobold models used or are they all the same for:

Jawa
Luke ANH & ESB
Han ANH -ESB -RotJ

?

Well looking around a bit, looks like two models, same body on both.
one plain body no finish, one textured black paint.
One with an extra step in the head (top piece)
One with smooth, one with knurled bottom cap.

Any other differences?

Dmachinist, after you measure whichever model you are borrowing will you be able to scale the differences for the other model from pics and offer both models?

Blaster

The dome piece machined and able to be attached with a magnet would be a great add on to achieve the jawa or Luke versions.
The bulb cover on the side should be there as well but be removable for the versions that it fell off of.

this is the one I have, it looks like the ANH version except for the t-slot and large button,
I would not provide it with wrinkle paint you will have to do that, this would be a kit,
IMG_0832.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

refer to page 3 post #71, this is the one Marv posted pics of

Is there a real copyright issue? Can you o some partial logo magic? Leave gaps or something slightly off?

I'm not sure if there would be a copy right issue but I really don't want to take the chance,
is the company still in business? If it is not around anymore maybe I could, but it would have to be masked out somehow before the wrinkle paint,

As far as I know it's defunct.

I think masking it would be possible.

It would be nice to have a tell though.... maybe a small DEC on the bottom stamped/engraved.

I remember 15 years ago when Larbel did the Graflex units, the text on the bottom was exact except for instead of "by" it said "bt". I believe it was an honest mistake but he kept it so that could be distinguished from real ones.

There is a large threaded knob on the bottom, I could put a small engraving there so it does not show unless you take the screw off,
Awesome stuff guys thanks! I am making drawings now, I should have a price by the end of the DL44 run,

I have been looking over Marv's Kobold and there are at lease 30 separate parts,
I was thinking of doing a very exact copy, I am going to start a separate thread for this but I figure I would at least ask you guys,
does everybody want exacting details? working quick release mechanism, push button, spring loaded center contact,
or do you care if it is static and non working?

I just want one so I'll be happy either way.

however, the benefit of making an exact copy is that you may drum up more buyers if you offer extra parts to repair or replace parts in their real flash or like the piece needed for Luke's The Empire Strikes Back lightsaber d-ring.

I am not getting any notifications about the posts even though I am subscribed (I started this thread), will have to email management,

Yeah I am thinking full detail, it will probably be in the $175 range but still working on it...........

How about a circuit board and battery inside so when you push the button it lights up/makes sound?
It would bump up the price a few $, I am going to get in touch with someone that can get that together,

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back