Master Replicas Luke V2 Sample Stolen

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDumbWookiee

A sample piece from the Collectors Society party was stolen Sunday night.

From Philip Wise over at Rebelscum:

"Unfortunately, someone stole the Luke V2 on display at the MR party last night.

This is much more than just a stolen item, this is an active sample being used in the process of releasing this piece and it being missing will cause delays in its release, which is a shame.

MR needs this piece back and has asked me to convey there would like to get it back, no questions asked.

I'm happy to assist in any way I can as well."

Sad in more than the most apparent way.

Doesn't anyone else feel that it's pretty irresponsible bringing a piece like that to a public viewing... as if there weren't enough delays in the Prototyping/Manufacturing/QC process. :confused

Sadly, it almost doesn't surprise me. MR has been pretty irresponsible in the past - grammar mistakes, lousy marketing, QC issues, but this is, by far, the worst oversight! I DO blame MR partly, just bring an advanced prototype out into plain view.

Assuming that it's not their ONLY sample, this means a step back in development,putting its chances of being released in jeopardy.

As anal as prop collectors are (Think Monk) as a community, Whoever took it should send it back from a mail box with no return address. Within a year someone will figure out you took it and your name will be mud for a prop you could have had soon for 299.00 to 399.00. :redface

Yeah that's what I was thinking. It's like people who steal a famous painting. Who are you going to show it to? You would have to keep it hidden.

They will never be able to display it to anyone who actually know's what it is... Most props are for non- prop collectors - something like that will only be appreciated by prop collectors so having it does VERY little good since the person who took it will be the only one able to ever see it... Is someone that hard up that they "HAD" to have it and couldn't pay the cash for it? I mean the party is for CS members only so ... they had to have a couple of extra bucks to begin with...

Jedi Dade

Wow. I have been shocked and saddened by a lot of posts in the past but I think this one takes the cake. Our party last night was to thank our CS members. We wanted it to be special. We wanted everyone to be able to see what we have in the works. We thought they would appreciate it. Now, someone has stolen it, and you are blaming us? We try to do something nice, someone steals something, but they are not to blame, we are? How does someone stealing our prop have anything to do with QC issues? Am I missing something?

Yes, we could have put things in cases, 3 or 4 feet away but we wanted people to be able to interact with the prop. I find it hard to believe that we are being bashed for this.

I am sorry, I can usually take MR bashing when it is justified but I don't believe this comment is justified.

Sadly, it almost doesn't surprise me. MR has been pretty irresponsible in the past - grammar mistakes, lousy marketing, QC issues, but this is, by far, the worst oversight! I DO blame MR partly, just bring an advanced prototype out into plain view.

Assuming that it's not their ONLY sample, this means a step back in development,putting its chances of being released in jeopardy.

Agreed - that was a horribly inappropriate response...

And whoever stole the saber is a fine example of what trash we have living among us...

Im sorry to hear about this unfortunate happening Amy. I know for a fact you and your team had nothing but the best intentions for your loyal fans and customers.

I can't believe someone would actually stoop to this kind of level and steal something from an event that was meant for them as CS members. Totally uncalled for.(n)thumbsdown(n)thumbsdown(n)thumbsdown

Doesn't the con center have any sort of CCTV? After the evacuation that took place and now this I'd be quite worried if I were an exhibitor or retailer.

Last edited:
Woah, woah, hold it a second! I am just as dejected by these news as you are, Amy. I am NOT laying the blame squarely on MR, but anyone can plainly see that MR bore *some* responsibility in putting out the most advanced prototype out there. It wasn't your or anyone's fault.

Don't take my comment personally, as my anger is 100% directed at the lowly thief, not MR. :confused

Wow. I have been shocked and saddened by a lot of posts in the past but I think this one takes the cake. Our party last night was to thank our CS members. We wanted it to be special. We wanted everyone to be able to see what we have in the works. We thought they would appreciate it. Now, someone has stolen it, and you are blaming us? We try to do something nice, someone steals something, but they are not to blame, we are? How does someone stealing our prop have anything to do with QC issues? Am I missing something?

Yes, we could have put things in cases, 3 or 4 feet away but we wanted people to be able to interact with the prop. I find it hard to believe that we are being bashed for this.

I am sorry, I can usually take MR bashing when it is justified but I don't believe this comment is justified.

I was at the party last night, and I saw more than a few taking liberties with the products MR had put out for us to LOOK AT.. I was truly shocked at how some people behave with other peoples things.. They were trying on the helmets, playing with the sabers etc.:thumbsdown

MR went above the call of duty as far as I'm concerned, it's those few people that screwed this up not MR or Amy.

Amy, I just want to thank you again for the great time me and my guest last night. The gift bags were AWESOME!!:thumbsup

I certainly hope that the saber is returned..:)

Thanks again!

Jeff/aka SithLord

As much as I am not an MR fan, this still isnt cool. And MR has my condolnences. I wish them a speedy return to thier lost property and hope they can recover.:thumbsup

Sorry Amanaman,

It just appeared to me in your statement that you said you blame us.

"Sadly, it almost doesn't surprise me. MR has been pretty irresponsible in the past - grammar mistakes, lousy marketing, QC issues, but this is, by far, the worst oversight! I DO blame MR partly, just bring an advanced prototype out into plain view.

Assuming that it's not their ONLY sample, this means a step back in development,putting its chances of being released in jeopardy."

Woah, woah, hold it a second! I am just as dejected by these news as you are, Amy. I am NOT laying the blame squarely on MR, but anyone can plainly see that MR bore *some* responsibility in putting out the most advanced prototype out there. It wasn't your or anyone's fault.

Don't take my comment personally, as my anger is 100% directed at the lowly thief, not MR. :confused

I think blaming MR for having their Saber on display and accessable and saying it's their fault it was stolen is like blaming a pretty girl in a short skirt walking in a dark alley alone and drunk for getting mugged.

No matter what the situation, no one should expect to have their personal stuff stolen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back