MR Falcon

Mark me as interested on the display case too ..

as soon as my Falcon gets here :unsure I hope the lights work. If not do you have to pay for shipping it back to MR, and does MR charge you for the replacement :cry ?

Thanks,
aljf :confused

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Emperor Turpentine @ Jan 2 2007, 04:29 PM) [snapback]1388867[/snapback]</div>
Please could someone post the weight and size of the mirrored base on it's own.

Thanks very much

Lance
[/b]

Please can anyone help with this?????

Thanks
Lance

I got mine (puchased it through Jedi Bailinkski) on Thursday and I've got to say that I'm pretty darn impressed with the packaging and the actual SS. MR did a top notch job. Even though I saw the Falcon at San Diego Con, I was surprised at how large it was when I unpacked it. Now I just have to figure out where to display it.

Does anyone know if these have started to ship out to International dealers yet ?
I'm in the UK and I want my Falcon :angry

I'm like a kid at Christmas :D

I'd be in for that cover run if shipping is under $40. At that point I'd be spending what I would be locally.

That's quite a local deal you have there, nwjedidave. Wish I could find something like that.

Mine is on the way soon :unsure I'm thinking of having a replica plaque for Peter Mayhew to sign to add it to the Falcon, does anyone know if Peter would sign it ? and were I might get one made up. PM me if you dont want to post :D

Thanks,
aljf :confused

Mine arrived today, #284.

Did anyone else feel like Indiana Jones discovering the Ark in the Well of Souls opening this package? Okay, wrong movie, but same effect... I was sad repacking it after inspecting it for safety until I move and have a good place to showcase it

I was astounded at how beautiful this piece is from the materials to the painting and weathering. I can't even imagine how these are so precisely painted and weathered, of course it would be better done firsthand by someone like Dean but damn... for a factory paintjob I am just speechless.

I know people were not that thrilled with their paint jobs on the Y-Wings but if they can keep up this level of quality for the X-Wing and Vader TIE I'm in...

Anyone want to buy a half started SSM Falcon? I don't need it anymore ;-)

JV

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jvasilatos @ Jan 9 2007, 07:00 PM) [snapback]1394145[/snapback]</div>
Anyone want to buy a half started SSM Falcon? I don't need it anymore ;-)
JV
[/b]

Whats an SSM Falcon??
Is it big? Got pics?

Lynn

SSM Falcon = "Guess, I was wrong - my bad"

Congrats, JV - BTW, that was my impression when I opened my Falcon, too. (the Ark in the Well of Souls) :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nwjedidave @ Jan 4 2007, 08:20 PM) [snapback]1390742[/snapback]</div>
I've just got some prices on a custom made cover to fit the MR Falcon. Two different prices actually. The cheaper price is for 1/8" plexi, and the other price is for 3/16" plexi. If there is enough interest (atleast 10) I will look into boxes for shipping.

I actually added 1" to the height off the measurements Barry gave.

26.25" x 36" x 15"

1/8" they would be $195.00 each
3/16" they would be $210.00 each

The covers are not heated and bent. They are cut, polished and sealed (glued?)
If there is enough interest I can take some close up pictures of my Enterprise - A case if anyone would like them.

The shipping costs are NOT listed as I have no idea what they would be. If there is enough interest I can check into that as well.
[/b]

Count me in as being extremely interested. The price is very reasonable :)
Neil

wow Cirrusx1 nice..

and here I was refreshing from 8:55am until they went on sale from the MR webpage.

Just adds more weight to the fact that the plaques are thrown in as the last thing before they are sealed up for shipping

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nwjedidave @ Jan 11 2007, 11:21 AM) [snapback]1395211[/snapback]</div>
Just adds more weight to the fact that the plaques are thrown in as the last thing before they are sealed up for shipping
[/b]

What, Did you excpect them to be sitting there with orders as they come off line and boxed with plauqes in order that people placed their orders? :lol

Of coarse there just thrown in random and sent a s such.

Lynn

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nwjedidave @ Jan 11 2007, 04:21 PM) [snapback]1395211[/snapback]</div>
wow Cirrusx1 nice..

and here I was refreshing from 8:55am until they went on sale from the MR webpage.

[/b]

Sorry dude. I just ordered mine randomly. The paint is pretty decent too. Gotta say I supported the quality this model ever since its debut. The care that went into the frame constuction, accuracy of greeblies, etc... I love it.

Also, nwjedidave...your in Seattle? I am, ballard actually. Are the clear cases made here? I would like to order one. I could pick it up if your close enough and save on shipping.

Let me know if this would work.

Thanks,
cx1

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back