MR TOS Enterprise - new pics

Well, I have a crack in mine and I kept it. There's no truly perfect replica. I'm sure some will tell you to send it back.

If you can live with it, keep it.

I got mine recently and everything looked good. I just moved it and plugged it in and the lights came on for about a second then when out - like a blown fuse. I tried different outlets and it's still dead. Anyone had a bad power supply? Or could it be something in the ship?

I got mine recently and everything looked good. I just moved it and plugged it in and the lights came on for about a second then when out - like a blown fuse. I tried different outlets and it's still dead. Anyone had a bad power supply? Or could it be something in the ship?

It would be helpful if you could measure the voltage on the plug, make sure power is actually still getting to the model.

You could try reseating the ship a few times on the post if you haven't tried that already.

It could be the connection from pedestal "jack" to the ship. Remove the ship from the stand, tighten "screws in" jack if its loose, then place the ship back onto the pedestal. If the lights do not come on then turn the ship while on the pedestal, turn it round try a couple of loops clockwise then the other way. If your lights fail to come on at all then it could be something other then what affected my ship. She went back because of sudden light failure . . . it would run for a time and then go silent and dark. I'd fool around with it (like described above) and then she'd light-up again.

RW

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, MR responded and said it's a faulty base and they will exchange it.

I tried checking all the connections on the base and playing with the connection with the ship - but it's still dead.

My connector is also sensitive. I have to rotate the falcon almost a full turn before the lights come on. Very weird. I hope it doesn't die on me completely.

Dave :(

My connector is also sensitive. I have to rotate the falcon almost a full turn before the lights come on. Very weird. I hope it doesn't die on me completely.

Dave :(

That was my fear as well. It seemed to me that things where indeed getting worse so I packed her up and sent it back. Many weeks later I am still waiting for my replacement.

RW.

case upgrade

myship.jpg

myship00.jpg

EDGE-CRACK.jpg

CRACK-2.jpg

This was the sad state of my (long awaited) replacement E when I took it out of the box on Thursday June 14th.

Questions in my Mind:
Did it sustain this kind of damage while in it’s three day shipping time to me or was this the result of;
A) Damaged during shipment from China?
B) Damaged at the Factory but boxed and sent out anyway?

Of course no answers will be forthcoming and really the questions are moot, All I really want is a viable example of this ship but we seem to be having a hell of a time get satisfaction here.

By the way the crack was more then just an aesthetic blemish. As I unpacked and lifted the Enterprise gently out of its Styrofoam packaging . . . a clunking sound came from the saucer when I turned the ship over. Placed ship on pedestal and noticed a "droop" in the saucer angle (front hanging down). On closer inspection I found a large crack where the support pylon attached to the saucer (crack is on the saucer) and the saucer is not attached (glued) to the pylon at the crack, hence the pylon moves up into the saucer at this point causing the droop and the clunk I heard earlier. The entire saucer section sits loosely upon the pylon and constitutes a flimsy example of this product.

In other words "she is damaged goods"!

Sent the darned thing back for another replacement.

RW.

Man that sucks. I hope the next one you get is a keeper. I canceled my order and every so often I think about ordering again, then I see pics like this and my desire goes away. Good luck with the replacement replacement.

When I read a post like that I consider myself very fortunate to have gotten a good one without all these structural problems...

My first ship looked great with no blemishes what-so-ever but NO lights worked at all... returned it - 2nd was exactly the same. returned it the thrid the lights work perfectly, and the exteriour is Really good except for one glaring thing - there is a HUGE light leak around the clam shell ****tle bay doors. When Ilokked at it there is an approximately 1/6th inch gap on bot the right and left sides - almost liek there was a part missing on both sides that would have covered that up. With no lights on you can'ty see it since its recessed but with the lights on - Boom Flashlight out the ass-end of the ship...

I will find something appropriate to stuff in there :cool

Other then that its a truly wonderful replica! :thumbsup

Jedi Dade

My first ship looked great with no blemishes what-so-ever but NO lights worked at all... returned it - 2nd was exactly the same. returned it the thrid the lights work perfectly, and the exteriour is Really good except for one glaring thing - there is a HUGE light leak around the clam shell ****tle bay doors. When Ilokked at it there is an approximately 1/6th inch gap on bot the right and left sides - almost liek there was a part missing on both sides that would have covered that up. With no lights on you can'ty see it since its recessed but with the lights on - Boom Flashlight out the ass-end of the ship...

I will find something appropriate to stuff in there :cool

Other then that its a truly wonderful replica! :thumbsup

Jedi Dade

Thanks for that description and a -chuckle- :lol regarding the flashlight out the ass-end. The crash dummy I sent back also had that but only on the left hand side of the shuttle bay doors. There where other blemishes, grid line off center, one windows cut crooked or not fully etched out, paint splotches or dull and shinny marks (like it had been subjected to an eraser or something, on the saucer. Impulse engine was sloppily attached on the upper part . . . but the friggen lights worked.

Unfortunately that wasn't enough to make me feel blessed.

RW.

I was serioulsy considering ordering another and hoping to upgrade and sell the worst one off.
I like mine except the damn red stripes down the secondary hull are not straight, they are curved a bit and the three lights are not centered.
Drives me nuts everytime I look at it.
I can live with the rest of it, most of the stuff is minor after that or doesnt irk me nearly as bad.

But if they are still shipping questionable material, then it is probably no point in trying.

I was serioulsy considering ordering another and hoping to upgrade and sell the worst one off.
I like mine except the damn red stripes down the secondary hull are not straight, they are curved a bit and the three lights are not centered.
Drives me nuts everytime I look at it.
I can live with the rest of it, most of the stuff is minor after that or doesnt irk me nearly as bad.

But if they are still shipping questionable material, then it is probably no point in trying.

I'm wondering if the ones built later like past the 400 mark might be better, (fewer blemishes). From what I have read the replacements are coming from an earlier build where the hit and miss for getting a good one seem more miss then hit . . . at least that's been my experience so far. You don't even hear of problems from the guys buying at the 600 mark. I thought of getting my money back and then buying a later build . . . but who the hell really knows? I'll give this "replacement" thing one more shot then maybe I'll have to find out if a later build is actually better.

Now mind you if the next one I get has lights that work and no major damage I think I can live with a few blemishes, might even evolve into a fix it project that could be interesting to say the least.
Does anyone out there with an LE in the higher numbers care to add some input here? It would be much appreciated.

RW.

Mine was structurally ok and I haven't noticed any light leak problems, but man are those motors noisy. Is this common?

I've heard two examples; my first one was louder than the second one . . . by a bit. The sound actually does not bother me because it means the thing is working. I had the first one set up in my studio and as I worked at my easel it purred away in the background just off to my right . . . then all of a sudden silence. I had one hell of a sinking feeling the first time that happened but with a little tinkering it came back on (Light problems that’s the main reason why I sent it back).

The fact that the sound may vary from one unit to the next means that some of them may be quite a lot louder than others. Of course I don't really know that for sure but like I said the two I have heard where different by a small degree, not enough to send it back that is for sure.

I'd be happy to take a ship that was blemish free but had loud motors, hell I'd be happy to take a ship with a few blemishes and loud motors just as long as the lights worked no cracks and no Unobtainium Droop, like my replacement had.

RW.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back