MR TOS Enterprise - new pics

Man that sucks. I hope the next one you get is a keeper. I canceled my order and every so often I think about ordering again, then I see pics like this and my desire goes away. Good luck with the replacement replacement.

Sigh......

That's what I did and I keep checking this thread thinking "they have to be better by now" and they are just not.

I want one of these bad but I'm just not going to try my luck at getting a good one.

Jim

Hows your frosting folks?

Over at the Dewback forum people have noticed the frosted domes are starting to fade to a more clear condition. The port side on mine was slightly less frosted then the other. But it does look a little more transparent now.

OK - Where else can I say this, if not here?

I finally got my Enterprise this week. It was part of a trade, and the whole thing took awhile to complete. It's number 171, and it was worth the wait. (It's not perfect - there're a couple minor paint issues, but nothing worth the hassle of sending it back.) You guys, after opening this thing and setting it up, I seriously had tears in my ears and a lump in my throat. When I was in grade school and junior high, Star Trek was everything to me. Hell, I used to lie in bed with a transistor radio next to me tuned to static so that I could pretend I was in my bunk on the Enterprise and that the noise was from the ship's engines.
Seeing this model immediately brought those feelings back and reminded me how important Star Trek was, and how much of an influence it's had on my life.

I love this model, and I still can't believe I own it.

I’m very pleased with mine, No damn A, B, C, or D
And the upgrade dish looks Fantastic.
Now I have only to pick up a display case for it.

Bye for now
AL

OK - Where else can I say this, if not here?

I finally got my Enterprise this week. It was part of a trade, and the whole thing took awhile to complete. It's number 171, and it was worth the wait. (It's not perfect - there're a couple minor paint issues, but nothing worth the hassle of sending it back.) You guys, after opening this thing and setting it up, I seriously had tears in my ears and a lump in my throat. When I was in grade school and junior high, Star Trek was everything to me. Hell, I used to lie in bed with a transistor radio next to me tuned to static so that I could pretend I was in my bunk on the Enterprise and that the noise was from the ship's engines.
Seeing this model immediately brought those feelings back and reminded me how important Star Trek was, and how much of an influence it's had on my life.

I love this model, and I still can't believe I own it.

Here here, Russ... I feel EXACTLY the same way... and I still can't walk by the thing without stopping and staring for a few minutes...

I'm totally in love with it... and couldn't be happier.

-r!

Has anyone tried to repair the electronics by themselves? Mine lit up at one point, but once I turned it on and it died, never to light again. MR keeps sending me replacement bases, but that's obviously not the problem.

Anyone pop off the hood and see if they can re-wire it?

Has anyone tried to repair the electronics by themselves? Mine lit up at one point, but once I turned it on and it died, never to light again. MR keeps sending me replacement bases, but that's obviously not the problem.

Going by the prototype pics they showed way back when, that would be a very destructive process to disassemble to get at things. Basically you would be starting over. Reassembling, puttying, sanding, priming, painting, getting the markings right.

Pretty much any pro built lighted model is a sealed deal.

Take it from the "King of send it Back" . . . send it back. My first one was temperamental what with light issues that quit when ever it chose.

CessnaDriver is right on about the destruction you would be causing attempting to fix the lights by opening the unit up. There is no hood to pop on this baby, and only brutal surgery will get you to her innards . . . not worth it while you can still get a replacement.

Down side of going the replacement route is you may have to settle for certain sloppy craftsmanship issues not present on the one you have now. Still and all that’s better then having a ship with no lights and if you must you can fix those aesthetic annoyances without blowtorching your way into her hull.

RW.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I'll send it back - the ship looks great to me, none of the problems that others have shown. But working lights is a must - I guess back it goes.

I guess I'll send it back - the ship looks great to me, none of the problems that others have shown. But working lights is a must - I guess back it goes.

I can't say you won't regret sending it back especially if the replacement has those issues you have seen others have, but this item is way, way to expensive for a static (no lights) model. A big part of her charm is when she lights up that is where the dream of this star ship comes alive not only in our imaginations but right there in front of us. You are making the right decision sending it back, lets hope the replacement meets the basic requirements in lighting and in structural integrity; the other issues (if there are any) can be dealt with (or not) later on.

I have found that under normal lighting and especially in studio lighting (with the intent to photograph or just view the ship) those issues of heavy or smudged grid lines, off line windows, or chips along those windows and a bunch of other stuff discussed here and on other forums just do not show up. Fixing those things becomes a matter of personal preference and not because people looking at your ship will be rubbing your nose in the flaws.

RW.

Last edited by a moderator:
MR sent me a replacement dish due to it not fitting well. The replacement seems to fit better. Is this the farthest that the dish goes in?

DSCN5199a.jpg

I don't think the dish is SUPPOSED to go in any further than that. It stuck out some on the original filming model, did it not?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back