Neckties!

I need to make Rimmers' tie from the first season of Red Dwarf. Its really just a basic khaki tie except its a flat bottom and on the slim/straight side of normal.

I have the JMC logo for it already...if you are taking commissions I'd be interested! It would delay a little longer my learning to sew.

Darktriumph, something as simple as that, you should just find a cotton khaki tie on Amazon, eBay or Aliexpress, modify it to a flat tip and add the logo. It'd be a lot cheaper that way.

ElectroDFW, if you can get me some hi-def screen grabs, I'll have a look and see if it's enough to do an accurate tie.

Here's some of the pics I grabbed, plus the version I made, in which I messed up a few details.
martys_tie.png

Wow, one I figured would not actually be found! The petal pattern/texture do look like as well as the center bit and what can be made out around it, that's awesome! I think he was working on a replica some time before but wasn't sure how far it got, I've hoped the set would be completed as well! Hopefully this makes it possible that much better! Great find!

Last edited:
Hey Indy, I know you've got a lot of projects on your plate but were there ever any developments on the knit tie from Spectre?

I was poking around at alternatives but there's really nothing close around, and I seem to remember you were working on a run

I'm aware that you're not working with a single factory anymore, Indy, so forgive me if I sound like a broken record here. But I just started rewatching Hannibal and I have a renewed interest in the Murder Tie. Is it still on the back burner, or has it been taken off the heat so to speak?

E5E7EF79-40A6-4CE3-8240-34322D79111D.jpeg

Would you ever consider doing a “Goodman” tie? Replicating a few of Jimmy McGill’s distinct ties from Better Call Saul? I know this is one he’s worn a few times.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back