Heya Folks

My name is David, not much to say about the rest. Really enjoy looking into the minutia and work that people do on props and costumes, but have never been able to do such things on my own. Looking into doing a few things soon, of varying levels and all 100% above my skill level. Hope to look at the forum here for guidance.

Hey all,
I'm pzreich! Nice to meet you all. I'm an artist and amateur cosplayer, as well as a giant nerd in general, so this seemed like a good community to join. I'm also a full time student and have been making cosplays with varying degrees of success since 2013.
I want to get more into making props and for now hope to make connections and get my work out there.
-PR

Hi. My name is Greg and I’m a 501st member. I joined about a year ago and since then I’ve built a stormtrooper costume and sandtrooper costume as well as a few blasters from 3D prints. I am now working on a Rogue One Deathtrooper costume . And I am starting to collect parts for a Bossk build - which is proving to be the most difficult project so far (which is kind of why I’m here). I knew nothing about any of this prior to joining the 501st but I have totally fallen in love with this hobby. I’m also looking forward to building some props and sets for my Garrison.

Some pics.
2b8bdda519bb1d57f56b0ff7eb4797df.jpg

ad43fffed95a1bedbc7156f6d735f4ab.jpg

Current project.
e0b157d7d3159a2c6317feb8b67194ab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me & my wife are currently working on Death Eater costumes for Halloween, I'm going as Lucius Malfoy and she's going as Bellatrix Lestrange.

Posted the link here,

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=295844

Going to post the final photos once everything's done, waiting for the masks to dry plus I need to finish Michelle's wand belt. I built mine in leather, really impressed by how everything is turning out.

Got to dye Michelle's hair next so we can get that mad-lady look Bellatrix has :)

Should be awesome.

I started getting into cosplay this year, I did an Alien crew uniform earlier on. This was my first sewing project taking a plain shirt and adding pockets, lapels buttons and the pen holder to it. I then took some work pants and added the knee pads which i built with several layers of felt to get the same look. Hat I got from amazon and just wore it all the time to get it really dirty.

You can't see it in the photo but I'm also wearing white plimsoles per the movie.

Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 9.13.47 AM.png

This one was our first attempt at making masks for the game We Happy Few, we started making them out of clay but picked the wrong clay then added plaster bandages to get the shape and painted and lacquered them.

Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 9.12.55 AM.png

It was pretty good but hot as heck and heavy wearing all that plaster.

However really happy about how the props turned out, the bat / truncheon was created with a kids toy spraying it with primer then white then adding frog tape and spraying it black. when the tape came off it just popped, looked so professional. I then wrapped the hand piece with black electrical tape.

We just signed up to the Stan Winston online school so learning a lot from that, want to try latex next.

Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 9.13.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 9.12.55 AM.png

Last edited:
Hi just joined I found out about this forum through watching Adam Savage on tested and he can't speak highly enough of it I am eager to start prop building/ replicating I hope to find all I need here and am sure this forum will be of invaluable use and where I can I will add any knowledge I can

Hello everyone!
New to the forums.
I'm Victor from South Florida.
501st Legion member (TK13737)
Stormtrooper, Lego Stromtrooper and Optimus Prime G1 are my current cosplays. Cant' wait to add more.
Here to learn and to share my builds. Will be posting tutorials on how I did my Lego Stormtrooper and my Optimus Prime.

TK COVER.jpg

LEGO TK 501ST.jpg

20181027_195726.jpg

20181027_195726.jpg

LEGO TK 501ST.jpg

TK COVER.jpg

20181027_195726.jpg

Last edited:
Hello to you all,

I am a prop maker, miniature painter and costume designer by night and a wannabee lawyer by day.

I started by building scale models and gradually started getting bigger and bigger projects until i made my first large scale cosplay, the plague doctor. I tinker away at different projects and love pulling something together from nothing.

Cheers!

Hi Everyone

My name is Dirk and I love to build things, I normally build scale models out of plastic and even paper but recently ive gotten really interested in building props and such. I found this site through a friend who I was talking to about the Logan's Run pistol. I've been spending a tone of my spare time watching DIY prop making videos on youtube. I would like to try my hand at making some props but I'm not having luck finding a lot of details (i.e. Measurements) of some of the things I want to build, or even in some cases good photo references. I was hoping I would gain some of that knowledge here on how and where to go to find it. I look forward to learning and sharing with you all.

Hi everyone!

I learned about this forum through my husband who uses it for 501st and Rebel Legion costumes and props. I, on the other hand, am starting to piece together a Thirteenth Doctor costume and looking to learn what I can learn and share what I can share! Sounds like this is THE PLACE to be.

Allons-y! ;)

After 2 years of membership maybe its time to introduce myself because Ive been enjoying all your works for so long!
Im 27 years old and from the Netherlands, I design sets and props for theatre. I also am a director of theatre and organize festivals.

From next week on, I have my own workshop so my projects really will make a great leap foreward.
100m2 of workspace!
I love working with Arduine, wood, Worbla, EVA-foam, aluminium, styreen - just everything I can get my hands on.

Thanks for all the great work you`re sharing on the RPF, its been a true inspiration and helped me out really great!

North Yorkshire coast! Love to visit the NE coast of England, Newcastle is the best ive been able to do recently.. is it as wind-battered as I imagine? Barren beaches and high waves i have in my head..

It is a beautiful part of the world. You're right about the bracing wind! The beaches where I live are not barren at all during the summer months, in fact you can't move for tourists! This time of year is fairly quiet, only the odd dog walk, surfer and fishermen on the pier.

Last edited:
Hi everybody! My name is Giovanni, I'm 26 years of age and I live in Italy.
I've been reading this forum for a while, since the first time I heard about it in a TESTED video. I really enjoy the creations and the discussions about prop replicas. I'll be honest: I've never built a prop replica, maybe because I don't see myself as a good craftsman (maybe I'll change my mind in the future, who knows), but I really enjoy watching other brilliant creators using their skills to develop stunning projects.
I own some props: I have an EFX Luke Skywalker's stunt lightsaber from ROTJ, the Ring from LOTR made by an Italian artisan and a small Bejelit from Berserk (if you can include that in the props category). My most recent acquisition is a "semi-vintage" Graflex flash handle (the bottom part is not original), and I'm always excited just picking it up, even if I didn't convert it yet! I'll attach some photos below.
Looking forward to see great new creations, I'm very happy to be part of this community.

IMG-20181112-133720.jpg

IMG-20181112-133800.jpg

Hello!
I've been into prop making for about 3 years now. For some reason it took me awhile to find the rpf! Looking forward to learn and contribute in the rpf.

Hello!
I am Pedro, from Portugal, and I am a huge Harry Potter/Star Wars/Gravity Falls/a lot of stuff fan!
I am thinking of building a 1/6 Harry's Cupboard and that's why I registered here!

Greetings! I was so happy to find this website for tricks and tips on how to create prop sets for our Halloween decorations, as well as our kids' costumes. It has inspired us to do better and get creative. Thank you all for sharing your wisdom. I'm thrilled to join this site to learn and share ideas from each of the different fandoms that I am interested in.

Hello everyone!

I really don’t know what to say. I love horror movies and props. I want to collect them as I’m not really capable of making any on my own lol.
I live in southern Indiana. Not much available around here.

Thanks!
Lonnie

Good morning everyone. My name is Lynn and I have been making larp and cosplay safe weapons and costumes for a little over four years now. I really enjoy Post Apoc and science fiction builds and look forward to seeing what everyone is working on.

Hi everyone

I've been making kigurumi masks since 2012. I've also made non-kigurumi props in the past, but haven't made any for a while. I mostly do 3D printing and resin casting (I was the first person anywhere in the world to 3D print a kigurumi mask AFAIK). I've also been wanting to get into making armor (the laser cutter and CNC router we're building at my work should help with that)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back