Hi everyone,

My name is Dirk. An online friend pointed me to this site when I was searching for some detailed photos/ prints of the Laser pistol from the 1976 movie "Logan's Run." I love movies and just recently got into movie props. While I'm not into cosplay myself I love the effort and detail that people put into it. I found a desire to try building props myself, and being predominantly a fan of SciFi thats where my focus is at the moment. Right now I want to build some of the weapons from the shows I grew up watching like Logan's Run, Space 1999 and Lost in Space.

I can see that I can learn a lot from the talented people here. I hope at some point I can give back to everyone for all the help and knowledge I hope I get as a newbie.

Hi guys, i'm not a noob but have been gone from here for a long time, so just wanted to re introduce myself again! I'm Ben and as I've built 3 full size working dalek's (Dr Who villains) and as I am confined to a wheelchair acquired the nickname "Davros" (creator of the Dalek race).
I'm a total Batfan I have a full Batman begins costume, a Dark knight costume, A Heath Ledgers Joker costume, tons of toys, collectors items inc comics, artwork, props, autographs etc.....
So "Hi my names Ben and I'm a bat-a-holic"

Last edited:
Hello everyone!
New to the forums.
I'm Victor from South Florida.
501st Legion member (TK13737)
Stormtrooper, Lego Stromtrooper and Optimus Prime G1 are my current cosplays. Cant' wait to add more.
Here to learn and to share my builds. Will be posting tutorials on how I did my Lego Stormtrooper and my Optimus Prime.

View attachment 852031

View attachment 852030

View attachment 852032

View attachment 852029

View attachment 852030

View attachment 852031

View attachment 852032

My Nephews brain would implode if he saw this!! awesome!!

Hi RPF,

I'm happy to be a part of this great resource! I've been watching Adam Savage's Tested for some time now and realized that this might be a good place to talk about a project I'm working on.

I'm the owner of Angel Bomb, a design and letterpress printing shop in Minneapolis. I've created three letterpress books in the past and have been the master printer for two Winter Books at the internationally reknown MN Center for Book Arts and am currently working on my fourth and most ambitious project yet. What is the project you may ask?....

Lovecraft's Journal

This letterpress book will be an aged and weathered artifact from the early 1900's that includes newspaper clippings, telegrams, letters and all sorts of letterpress printed ephemera. In this journal, HP Lovecraft watches as Miskatonic University sends an expedition to cross Siberia and discovers a temple in the Tunguska River area (it's 1907...see where this is going?) The expedition faces seriously strange and horrible things, with their ranks dwindling at every turn. soon, the expedition is wiped out.

Lovecraft, along with several professors from Miskatonic figure out that the devastation comes from omething has been awakened and is on the move. What does it want, how do they stop it?

Stay tuned!

Todd Thyberg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Everyone!

I am a designer who loves making stuff and I wanted to see all the cool things being made here! I hope to be around for a while.

-Dan

Hey everyone!

I’m new to the RPF but have been pretty active in Facebook community for a while. My current work is custom saber installation and customizations but really I’m a huge fan of all Star Wars, Harry Potter, lord of the rings props. I hope to get to know you all some and enjoy seeing how things work here. Thanks!

Hello all Im Johnny, and Im from New York City. I joined because this looks like a great place to talk about making stuff and I think I have some knowledge about crafting to share, I do leather working; mostly holsters for cosplay, westerns, and some steampunk, I will upload some pics once I'm able to. Thank you all for accepting me into this community.

Hello,

My name is Zach, and I was introduced to this website through Punished Props videos! I have always been interested in wanting to do props but thought that I would not be capable of making them due to the fact that I have not really made anything before except computers. I thought this would be a great place to learn from and talk with other for ideas. I have not made anything yet but hope to make things in the future!

I'm new to EVERYTHING when it comes to prop making. I just purchased a Heiland 2 cell flash camera part. I plan on somehow making it into a lightsaber with a Darth Vader hand with glove on with wires extended from the glove and making it into a base to hold the lightsaber. Problem is I don't know the first thing about how to do this. Any leads for parts and links would be appreciated. I'm James Overholt 501st member from Ohio and I'm a complete newbie to everything. Thank you.

Hello everyone. My name is Eric and I am not one hundred percent new because I actually signed up in Nov but never logged in till now. I have been checking this site a while getting inspiration to try making a Vader anh helmet and costume. But I don't have much to brag about my progress. If I work my nerves up I'll post up what I'm working on. Thanks for this awesome site that inspires me and obviously so many more.

Hello to all!
New here myself!
Started attending cons in 2016 here in the UK. Slowly getting into to some cosplay (got BSG duty blue, working on the BDU’s) looking at working on a Shoretrooper (possibly a Mudtrooper). Rewatched season 3 of Babylon 5 and got thinking about the EA uniform (and finding a maker in the UK). Currently toying with the idea of getting a PPG kit and putting some electronics in it..but a complete novice! Advice would be appreciated!
Richard

Hey there folks!
I just got into making prop replicas, starting with Batman's grapple gun from Batman the Animated Series. So, I figured it was time to join the forum to see if I learn me some new skills and meet some cool people!

Best,
James

Hello everyone!
I’ve always watched RPF since I first started cosplaying. I’m so glad to be part of this amazing community and I hope to learn, as well as share, knowledge about prop & costume making.
My recent cosplay that had 2 props is Rose Quartz from Steven Universe. I made a 3(rl):4(cartoon) scaled sword and shield. The cosplay won a merit award for “most accurate” and I couldn’t be happier as it was my first ever competition I’ve entered.
My next project requiring a prop will be Snowball, Mei’s robot from the game Overwatch. I plan to make it a quad-rotor drone with an exoskeleton that can be used in an upcoming photo shoot planned for December of 2019.
Can’t wait to continue my work!
Cheers,
~Rhoswen

8AA64A76-F133-40CA-978B-02D46C7FD111.jpeg

Hi

I have been watching this site and have been blown away by the quality of the projects. I am working on a couple of projects and have finished a couple too.

20171016_110337.jpg

The first one is not a prop from a specific movie, but I am a painter and I wanted a retrofuturistic ray gun. So, I made a retrofuturistic ray gun. :D The white part in the middle lights up and when you pull the trigger there is an LED at the end that lights up.

20181215_013202.jpg

This next one is Bob the Skull from the Dresden files. He is a google assistant. This one was fun to do because I had no idea what I was doing. I am going to post more on how I made his later. Thank you all for being so amazing at what you do and I looking forward to learning more from you in the future!

Hey everyone, it's my first post..I love to build props from whatever I can cobble together..I also like to make props to use as REF for the comics I draw , please feel free to give any reply..Thanks ! !

I'm simiouno a comic artist from uk..I make props on a whatever I can cobble style..I am a massive western fan and collect all things Western..

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back