NIKE MAG Knockoffs

Once the lights start to go out is there a way to fix the problem or is that it for the lights? I was considering modding the mags but decided to leave them as is and just wear as an everyday shoe. If the lights end up going out after a few days that's kinda a bummer. Has anyone found a way to remedy this?

Only way is to mod them. If a wire breaks (as is the case with mine) you have to replace it which means cutting up the shoes.

In could be way more. In my case, the wire has broken somewhere in the collar. Therefore the wire to the electronics in the sole needs to be replaced. If I am to do that, I might as well replace the battery and lights.

Maybe I will mod the Mags then. Thankfully there are vids floating around on "how-to". Now I just have to get over the fear of cutting into my kicks.

All up, probably about $150 for a kit with EL. Just takes time to do and why the asking price for a mod is high.

I am only using LEDs for this pair.

10583901_10152616116388841_1631151909554193745_n.jpg

Thanks DragonGalvy. This pair will stay blue. Next set will be cyan EL. Gluing on the soles now. Hopefully by tomorrow night I can take them for their first test wear.

Hello. Long time lurker. I bought the HC Mags this past November as a Christmas gift. I bought the upgrade kit and everything. I receive the shoes and I give them a test wear. Everything seems fine. I put them back in the box. I get them back on Christmas Day. Turn them on, everything seems fine. Then for New Year's Eve, I apply the upgrade kit, and I put them on for the evening celebrations. The ******** right shoe's second light starts flickering. It turns on and off whenever it feels like it. Then it turns off. Randomly it starts working. Then the switch stops working. I press on it. It won't turn off. I press harder. Nothing. I try for about 15 minutes and nothing happens. What do I do? I was very excited to wear these, and the light up feature was part of the excitement, so I'm freaking out. I am very angry about this. The first day I wear them they stop working. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

I managed to fix the switch issue, but the flickering light problem still remains. Help me cavx, you're the Doc Brown to my Marty McFly right now.

That is a good compliment, but I am not really the expert on electronics.

The problem I see with these shoes is that they over engineered them. They didn't really need the complexity they have and why they seem to fail as much as they do.

I managed to fix the switch issue, but the flickering light problem still remains. Help me cavx, you're the Doc Brown to my Marty McFly right now.
tbh with you the only way to fix the lights is to mod them. I had the same problem where the switch wouldn't work but the lights stayed on. The only way you could fix this is either email HC about your problem and they could send you a pair like they did for me or mod these.

I too, had a problem with the flickering lights when they came out of the box, but only on the bubble on one shoe. I resolve it temporarily time to time, by either widening the shoe with my hand and/or pushing in the bubble. However, this may not work for you, depending on the extent of your issue.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back