Nike Mag's - It's About Time - VIDEO!

Very interesting. In the promo. with Bill Hader, there is something very interesting in the end. Doc is told that there won't be power laces untill 2015. He runs back to the DeLeorean and he is seen typing in the following date: September 8th, 2015 at 4:00. Is this when the Power Laces will be released? I highly doubt it, but just an observation.

We all know that the power lace version are slated to be released in 2015...HOPEFULLY not a limited release again!

The clues were very cleverly placed. Yes the promo video had very well placed clues, but who knows about the exact time and date.

Even if you look at the slogan "It's About Time". You can read that a couple of different ways.

1) It's about time they realeased these

OR

2) It's the answer to "WHY" they released these now. It's about how much TIME they need until they create the power laces and that not a lot of people that live with Parkinson's have a lot of TIME, so the proceeds are needed NOW.

In all the interviews with Tinker he has stated that the power laces won't be available until 2015. While I believe that they could probably do them now, I believe that they wanted to build up to them. I mean why not, right?

Tinker stated that they had working prototypes of the power laces but they "weren't ready for primetime." Probably a cost or function thing.

The 2011 Nike Mags were announced on September 8th (2011) so that is probably why the date in the Bill Hader short.

My guess of what will happen in 2015 is that there will be a newly designed 2015 Power Lacing Mag. Maybe different fabrics/colors or more lights or whatever but that will be the shoe that will get the wider release. I suspect though, that they will do a limited edition of the 2015 Power lacing Mag with the 2011 (screen accurate) design. Again, all guesses.

I also think in 2015 Nike will release the jacket.

Tinker stated that they had working prototypes of the power laces but they "weren't ready for primetime." Probably a cost or function thing.

The 2011 Nike Mags were announced on September 8th (2011) so that is probably why the date in the Bill Hader short.

My guess of what will happen in 2015 is that there will be a newly designed 2015 Power Lacing Mag. Maybe different fabrics/colors or more lights or whatever but that will be the shoe that will get the wider release. I suspect though, that they will do a limited edition of the 2015 Power lacing Mag with the 2011 (screen accurate) design. Again, all guesses.

I also think in 2015 Nike will release the jacket.

If Nike doesn't release another Mag, than I'll be unhappy. It would be great if they also made the jacket.

I could not get the MAG but this is the closest of what I could get,
tumblr_ltkzduoH7r1qamsd5.jpg

I could not get the MAG but this is the closest of what I could get,
tumblr_ltkzduoH7r1qamsd5.jpg

As said in a previous post, this a GREAT improvement with the painted soles and lights etc. Can I ask, how did you get the strap into the correct position? As amazing as Marks were, the one thing that made them look fake was the fact that the strap was far too low and made the tops flare out.

Did you recreate the whole top section of the shoe and make the little cutout section just below the strap too, or was that part of the original design but hidden by the strap?

YAY for Parkinson's Reasearch.... Why didn't the guy from Google just donate the $50 million match that he would haveif the shoes went CRAZY? That way they would have $41 million more and maybe NIKE wouldn't have had to do these shenanigans...

Brad, that's just silly talk. Silly talk!!! That would make way too much sense.

Haha, but seriously, great minds think alike. :) Something along those lines occurred to me when they announced his $50 million match. I just did the math, and for the 1500 pairs to sell for $50 mil, (his maximum match), they would have had to average $33,333 each. Wow, what a realistic expectation. :rolleyes

This is not the end for the Mag I think - at least not the end for Nike producing sneakier designs in the "mag" family. We may or may not see the McFly Mag's again, but I do believe Nike has plans on producing further sneaker designs under the "Mag" name and may have design features similar to the McFly.

woah... I have not been here for awhile.. sorry I see I got questions!!!

The top part I made the whole strap and the strap pad holder is Velcro to the shoe to keep in place with internal wiring so all wires are hidden :)

As of the late this is my latest upgrade to match the official,

My speculation of the next MAG released will be 2015...

I was thinking it will be another limited run but this time it will be 2015 pairs auction off!!! BUTTTT................... than I got thinking... I am sure the next one WILL NOT be a limited run it will be a global released...

WHY?

I asked myself WHY NOW?? Why in the year 2010???? I believe its a run to benefit the research as in a contract... knowing they will released it anyway in 2015, this 2010 versions does that by benefiting an early release at premium price.. so by the time its 2015 it will be another hit but a global scale at retail price.. maybe something like the (RED) product, each pair bought a certain percentage this time will go still to Parkinson's Reasearch :)

Last edited:
You did the toe correction I see. Looks sweet!! If I hadn't already got half way through doing my light conversion I'd have sent you mine to do. Expect pics soon, just got my el sheet for the soles and strap!

All I know is that it was to Mag owners telling them to make sure their Mags were charged to green. I really hope it's a public release and an apology to the millions of fans, I really do. It's awfull that people have to either take loans or do withou having their favourite movie trainers after all these years of waiting.

Well it says Nike + and what you can hear is a breathing person i think. So this is a teaser for some new running shoe or something. This would be to hard for all the people who spent so much money on the mags. I think it is too soon for a rerelease.

Well it says Nike + and what you can hear is a breathing person i think. So this is a teaser for some new running shoe or something. This would be to hard for all the people who spent so much money on the mags. I think it is too soon for a rerelease.

Although I agree.... I hope we're wrong

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back