Done / Completed Obi-Wan Kenobi Episode 1 TPM Resin Cast Stunt Lightsaber

I meant to ask.

How long will the threaded rods be, and how far will they protrude from the emitter?

I'm no expert, so please forgive me, but I feel like I remember the originals having a longer protrusion....
It varied greatly. Some were only 1-2 inches, some were quite a bit longer. I am somewhat limited by the height of my pressure pot, but can make it protrude more upon request.

Shorter:
Star-Wars-Attack-of-the-clones-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Dueling-Lightsaber-01.jpgIMG_5723.JPG

Longer:
376203_0.jpg

Awesome, thanks for the info!

I don't know why, but for whatever reason I kinda like the look of the longer rod.

Out of curiosity (and the fact that I’m not going to be able to resist trying to dual with this) how deep does the threaded rod go into the hilt? Does it run the length?

Out of curiosity (and the fact that I’m not going to be able to resist trying to dual with this) how deep does the threaded rod go into the hilt? Does it run the length?
It varies because I’m not super precise about positioning, but I’ve been using Min: 250mm, Max: 300mm threaded rods, so they go well into the grip almost to the pommel. From memory, the saber itself is ~285mm in length.

I make no promises to their durability, but I’m confident they should be approximately as tough as the original stunt sabers.

It varies because I’m not super precise about positioning, but I’ve been using Min: 250mm, Max: 300mm threaded rods, so they go well into the grip almost to the pommel. From memory, the saber itself is ~285mm in length.

I make no promises to their durability, but I’m confident they should be approximately as tough as the original stunt sabers.
Gotcha. I’m not committing now, but there’s a very high likelihood that I buy a third hilt, unfinished and a bare aluminum blade to mimic the practice stunts, and that’s the one that I’d beat around with.

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to withdraw my interest. Just got word that a necessary medication has more that doubled in price since my last refill.

Much luck with your run.

For reference, this is just about the maximum stick out of the threaded rod that will fit in my pressure pot. Unfortunately, these don’t fit in the shipping boxes I ordered, but that’s my problem, not yours!

IMG_1368.jpeg

Man I really hate that they won’t fit in your boxes with that much protrusion. How much shorter does it need to be to fit?

Man I really hate that they won’t fit in your boxes with that much protrusion. How much shorter does it need to be to fit?

Hahaha don’t worry about it! These are not special boxes or anything. Just the shipping boxes I happened to order from Amazon to ship these in.

I’m planning to default to the shorter stick out except for when requested otherwise, or when a featureless stunt commission is ordered.

Interest list updated on the first page. To keep things organized I have decoupled the various options. I can work on the raw castings and painted commissions without metal emitter parts now. The blades are happening I'm just waiting on parts to be manufactured, and the metal emitter parts are still up in the air.

What do you mean by featureless?

The featureless stunts were the ones used for heavy dueling where the pommel cubes, red button, and brass knob were removed from the casting and painted on in “2D”. See the first post of my research thread:

The featureless stunts were the ones used for heavy dueling where the pommel cubes, red button, and brass knob were removed from the casting and painted on in “2D”. See the first post of my research thread:

Ah, yes, I know the ones. There's also a photo of Obi, little Ani, and qui gon where Ewen has that stunt in hand

I’m planning to default to the shorter stick out except for when requested otherwise, or when a featureless stunt commission is ordered.
Could you make the threaded rod on mine stick out as much as you can? Planning on adding a dueling blade, and that'll help with stability.

SB

Just received my raw casts and they are BEAUTIFUL! Thank you so much for making these available. The casts are so clean. They're going to need so little clean up. AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!!!!

Interested in the resin casting with the longer threaded rod as well as the full cleanup and painting commission, the painted stunt blade and the metal emitter parts.

My hilt came. Please excuse the dirt, I whipped up a quick blade late last night out of a curtain rod and some aluminum bar stock that I drilled and tapped.

Diameter is smaller than the actual stunt blades, I just grabbed the first tube that I thought looked good enough to use for the moment.

Sprayed the closest red I had on hand, really fast, and helped it along with a hair dryer.

One picture caught an ant crawling along the blade, I thought that was funny.

Anyway, thanks, Dewy! Great job on these!
IMG_4810.jpeg
IMG_4811.jpeg
IMG_4812.jpeg
IMG_4813.jpeg

I hit it with a quick coat of primer this afternoon. I thought I still had some Tamiya spray primer, but I couldn’t find it. Had to settle for some other junk. Also dug out an old Covertec knob. I’m pretty sure I’ve had that thing since 1999!
IMG_4814.jpeg
IMG_4815.jpeg
IMG_4816.jpeg

Last edited:
Received mine this weekend as well. Theses casts are VERY sharp, and retain plenty of the original detail. The only version of the Ob1 saber that I've ever had was the old Hasbro flick-out toys from '99, and so it was surprising to see how small of a diameter this hilt was.

Also, I accidentally dropped mine on my bathroom floor while I was waving it around, and it hit the tile floor, and..... nothing. No cracks, no damage, no nothing. Although your mileage may vary, these things are tough! Thanks again, Dewy!

SB

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back