Oblivion Inspired Office Build

I spent some time waiting to get my new sheets of MDF working on the vertical monitor cavity. (I am making these terms up as I go)

32392412388_e3df047cfb.jpg

I have a Dell All-In-One PC that I had intended to install in it, but when I fitted it in the cavity, I discovered the screen on the PC does not sit perfectly flat. Its actually a 1/2" taller at the top than it is as at the bottom. I can make it fit, but it isn't as solid as it should be for this kind of installation.

I had a similar issue with the TV. The type of wall mount I used caused the TV position to be unpredictable as you moved it. It wasn't always the same height as I moved it out and took measurements for the trim panel. I eventually got it to work, but it didn't come out quite the way I wanted it to. Lesson learned.

I am going to start hunting for a ~24" wide monitor that has a VESA mount on the back. Something I can get installed, nice and solid. Then I think I will use the All-In-One PC on the desktop instead of the Ultra-Wide monitor. At least for now.

-Eric

I am still churning out trim pieces, but I see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Here is the CPU tower shelving and small trim pieces for the back side of the desk.

46323790672_0dde5cf190.jpg

The long pieces of that run with the desktop.

31435458997_c4ff0a8ed6.jpg

Fingers crossed this is the last piece of trim to be cut.

46323790822_2d2664acbe.jpg

I have started fitting pieces to the front side of the desk. (The piece on top is a drawer front for the back side)

46323790812_a859e025b9.jpg

With the holidays approaching, I may either slow down or speed up progress. Depends on how much time I will spend at home vs. traveling.

-Eric

Looks absolutely awesome (y)(y) Whatever you decide to do, speed up or slow down, have a great time over the Holidays.

Well, I didn't get as far as I wanted, but I did make some more progress over the holidays. I have all the trim cut and installed now! That was a very painful and monotonous task. Sucks the life right out of you.

I am now at a point where I need to decide how I am going to make the door and drawers.

For the door, I need to decide what kind of hinge I am going to use and where I want the seems to be,

For the drawers, I need to get the slides to see if the mounting holes will line up with the frame or if I need to modify them so they do. I could install a board inside the cavity for the slides to mount to as well.

Basically, I need to go to the store and source some hardware. For the other parts, I am ready to start priming and sanding them to get them ready for paint. It's been cold, wet, and miserable here in Texas and I just don't want to go outside and do either.

32657752088_66c3a3665f.jpg

45617455545_af741f3c63.jpg

45807175174_047d25fc6a.jpg

45617456135_505e7e90b3.jpg

-Eric

"It's been cold, wet, and miserable here in Texas and I just don't want to go outside and do either."

I completely understand as it is like that over here all through our winter, which normally lasts 5-6 months!!!!!!!

Desk is looking super cool though (y)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back