Original 1977 ANH Stormtrooper Armor and Helmet

Concocted in the way that they reported a bogus auction sale for several thousands. Basically lying. So yeah, wouldn't trust much of what was written on that page anyway. And it was taken down for that reason.

OK, I guess I missed that part so I'll go back and try to find it if it's still there. Thanks for letting me know. :thumbsup

So does anyone have the truth behind this suit?
It was looking very good for stormtrooper and sandtrooper fans but now I am confused.

Craig

So does anyone have the truth behind this suit?
It was looking very good for stormtrooper and sandtrooper fans but now I am confused.

Craig
There was an article written about how SiMan's original ANH suit was put up for auction. It wasn't. SiMan joined the forum and told us as much, and the history of the suit, and now he's making replicas of it. It's the real deal :)

As far as I heard, Simons uncle had the suit since the early eighties. Might be wrong though. Maybe Simon or Rob can chime in.

There was an article written about how SiMan's original ANH suit was put up for auction. It wasn't. SiMan joined the forum and told us as much, and the history of the suit, and now he's making replicas of it. It's the real deal :)

OK, that's what I thought. Thanks for clarifying what was being debated. :thumbsup

Seriously guys... all the answers are in this very thread. Just go back and read the whole thing. And the armor is being worked on as we speak.

Answers to what? I'm not even sure what you're insinuating anymore and it seems like no one else really does either.

I've read this entire thread before and I understand that SiMan was going to auction the suit and decided not to so, where's the lie? Are you talking about something else entirely or, what? I don't know what you're getting at so please explain a little better than "all the answers are in this very thread." Even if I re-read it I don't know what I'm trying to find out. Thanks.

Answers to what? I'm not even sure what you're insinuating anymore and it seems like no one else really does either.

I've read this entire thread before and I understand that SiMan was going to auction the suit and decided not to so, where's the lie? Are you talking about something else entirely or, what? I don't know what you're getting at so please explain a little better than "all the answers are in this very thread." Even if I re-read it I don't know what I'm trying to find out. Thanks.

He never said he was going to auction the suit. That is what the original article said, which turned out to be entirely false, which is why the link was removed. Other than that, everything that has been released about this suit is in this thread, there are no other articles or threads that discuss it.

He never said he was going to auction the suit. That is what the original article said, which turned out to be entirely false, which is why the link was removed. Other than that, everything that has been released about this suit is in this thread, there are no other articles or threads that discuss it.

I'm sorry, yes, you are correct... that's what I meant but, stated it incorrectly. My bad.

Is that what Too Much Garlic was referring to as being a lie; the auction? If so then it all makes sense now. I wasn't sure what he was referring to or implying otherwise. :$

2 Hour thread read. Cant believe that this was found and done. You hardly ever see this materialize in this way. Such a good moment for the hobby.

Hi guys Just a quick update for you all while we are offering styrene we are now also able to offer you ABS!!!

Yes ABS at last we've made some new tools for this one, none of the details have been lost we've merely changed the angle of the tool to stop any areas which we thought my be a problem.

There will be NO EXTRA COST for a ABS kit, if there is anyone who has ordered a kit already and would like to change to ABS can you let me know ASAP

Cheers guys

more updates soon!

Also I have had some people asking me where they are available as they can't seem to find it in the Junkyard so here's the link i hope this helps

http://www.therpf.com/f13/new-hope-stunt-helmet-interest-siman-kit-116207/index6.html

Can you post a pic of the abs, so people can see how the pull has come out? I gather it it will be softer detail, but it would be nice to see

I'll post up some pictures tomorrow but there really is no difference the tooth hight is exactly the same and it picks up the same detail.

I'm no expert on plastics so I'd like to know what the benefit of having ABS instead of styrene is?
Can someone please educate me on this?
I will be using my helmet for display only, but if ABS maintains its white colour for longer and is ultimately stronger, I guess that's what I'd like to have.

Thanks.

Chris

This is my first time on a forum. I am a "Newbie" so forgive me now. I am a huge Star Wars fan and I am looking to build my own Storm Trooper suite from Pepakura, complete suit. Can anyone guide me as to where and what to dod to get started? Thank you to all that reply.

Einsign69

I make signs for a living and I have found that ABS is a little more formable and is much more durable. Styrene is a cheaper method but will crack if not handled properly. I hope this gives you some insight to your question.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back