Original 1977 ANH Stormtrooper Armor and Helmet

If I decide to get a kit down the road sometime then I'll look at a different material besides styrene but, for the finished version styrene will be fine. I'm not going to be trooping in it, so...

So how much more durable will PVC be vs. regular ABS? Are we basically talking near indestructible, super-flexible material here?
I never heard of pulling stormtrooper armor in PVC before, so am quite curious there.

And btw, I always flinch when I see your disassembled original helmet sitting in the workshop between all the replica helmet test pulls... you have some cojones , mate! :D

Back years ago TE did some suits in PVC. The plastic looked pretty nice. Not sure about durability or if it's the same PVC Simon has.

I still have parts of that PVC TE did for me.
It's for looks only, can't be worn, so brittle it'll break down in pieces.

Hey Fil, long time. I have a whole suit TE made for me of PVC, its the most flexible suit I own and the only one I would ever wear because its so flexible.

I had scraps from trimming and I tried to break it by bending it back and forth, it never broke.

Wondering if you had one of his acrylic capped styrene?

Hey Fil, long time. I have a whole suit TE made for me of PVC, its the most flexible suit I own and the only one I would ever wear because its so flexible.

I had scraps from trimming and I tried to break it by bending it back and forth, it never broke.

Wondering if you had one of his acrylic capped styrene?

I'd be interested to know this as well.

I'm looking to get my first set of Stormtrooper armor and I know little to nothing about the different materials used... what's best for what and why?! Is there a good place to find that information out? I may troop in it and I may not.

can´t wait to hold my SiMan in hands but just thinking of if we know some history of this helmet ? (screen-used Y/N, if Y in which scene, etc)

If there´s some information in thread anywere I´ve overread, please point me to the post#...

thanks !

So,does the helmet made from hdpe or something else?
Sorry if its been known,but I can't find an answer on this thread?

I would say that it is pretty hard to tell if it's HDPE or PP or anything else in the same plastic family as they are all pretty much the same to look and feel. Also it is many years old and plastic tends to get a bit more brittle over time and will probably feel slightly different to what it did all thise years ago. Without chemical analysis I doubt we will ever know for sure.
AA says it was HDPE but who knows....... I've only found Polypropylene that colour never HDPE but thats not to say it wasn't made that colour 30 odd years ago....:unsure

I got a PM from him the day before yesterday and he had some personal issues to deal with but, he'd be taking care of things ASAP.

Anyone heard from Si recently? I know they're busy but have sent some messages with no replies...

Same here especially since my helmet package is supposed to be sent in 07-20-2011 and no sign of it, and they also didn't provide the tracking number despite my many kind requests. I REALLY hope they didn't sent surface mail...:confused

I got a PM from him the day before yesterday and he had some personal issues to deal with but, he'd be taking care of things ASAP.

Oh, ok...my PM's have been from days ago...just trying to finalize some details and send some money...

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back