Props lost or destroyed

Dose anyone know what ever happened to the truck (or more specially, the green goblin face) from Maximum Overdrive?
Truck and trailer were blown up.
Head was cut off and saved and the rest scrapped.
Head is owned by a man named Tim Shockey and it was restored, he has a Facebook page.

There is a second backup head that was never used in the film.
It is in private ownership in NC

This is correct. If you reread my post, you will see I very clearly referenced this fact. I went on to say the STUNT masks are missing. “Every Michael Myers mask from Halloween 1 & 2, except for the H1/2 Hero mask, have been lost or destroyed.”

This was a rumor that has been confirmed many times to not be the case. Deborah was NOT a smoker.

This is incorrect. The Hero 1/2 mask is indeed the same mask, but there were two other stunts on Halloween 1, which carried over to 2, and at least two additional Tramer masks on Halloween 2. That makes three masks in H1, at least five in H2. The only mask we know for a fact still exists is the H1/2 Hero seen here.
View attachment 1084297

I would suggest you do some research into the films, Michael-Myers.net is a great resource covering all of the masks, and dispelling common rumors and speculation. ;)
Yeah, there are even pictures from the wrap party of John Carpenter's Halloween showing two guys wearing the masks, and others with all three of The Coup De Villes performing an acoustic set with them on too. Redirect Notice

The model of the Titanic from Raise the Titanic (1980) at the Malta Film Studios is gone. Last I know of it (about 5 years back), it was to be sold to a private collector, possibly in the United States, however either the photos were out of date, or after the sale it sustained further damage (the entire superstructure collapsed), and the deal was in limbo.

Since then the model was moved to the Fort Ricasoli Backlot, and then vanished. I am unsure what happened to it, however will try to find my photos of it when I last saw it.

What ever happened to the Merrill-Becker escape pod from Space Hunter? Last I heard, it was owned by Planet Hollywood.
spacehunter-adventures-in-the-forbidden-zone-21.jpg
SH_001a.jpg
SH_002.jpg

Last edited:
Just spent a happy/un/happy hour reading this thread through. H for a time machine haha. I thought you might find these photos of interest. My friend sent me them but couldn't remember where he found them. I am sure this is the Icarus from Planet of the Apes. It ended up in Canada(?) being used as a motel sign board. That is the story my friend heard. It was blown over and its fate is unknown. Any ideas guys? I got the hpotos about a year ago. Thanks

Attachments

• Icarus_underside_w.jpg
    Icarus_underside_w.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 113
  • Icarus_upperside_w.jpg
    Icarus_upperside_w.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 115
Just spent a happy/un/happy hour reading this thread through. H for a time machine haha. I thought you might find these photos of interest. My friend sent me them but couldn't remember where he found them. I am sure this is the Icarus from Planet of the Apes. It ended up in Canada(?) being used as a motel sign board. That is the story my friend heard. It was blown over and its fate is unknown. Any ideas guys? I got the hpotos about a year ago. Thanks
The space ship from Planet of The Apes was much larger. You can find several photos of it online. But I do see where one might think it is that piece.

WAY too small.

What I find comical about this thread is that many people spew "facts" from something that they "remember" or they are just secretly speculating because they want to sound like an expert. Then when they are called on it, disproving their "facts", they'll argue for a minute the more REAL facts are thrown in their face and then the quietly disappear.

Folks, If you don't have definitive proof, don't post information as "facts". That's how false rumors get started.

WAY too small.

What I find comical about this thread is that many people spew "facts" from something that they "remember" or they are just secretly speculating because they want to sound like an expert. Then when they are called on it, disproving their "facts", they'll argue for a minute the more REAL facts are thrown in their face and then the quietly disappear.

Folks, If you don't have definitive proof, don't post information as "facts". That's how false rumors get started.

And it's not necessarily that people are lying. Many believe what they are told, and have no reason to disbelieve. For instance: the nephew whose uncle worked for Elstree during the original Star Wars production (or some similar event; see what I did there?), and gave his young nephew a screen used Stormtrooper helmet. Only to find out it's a Don Post bucket.

Some misinformation actually comes from "experts".

On the Batman TV series of the sixties, the builder of Batman's batcycle claimed he also worked on the Batgirl Batcycle. The problem becomes evident when we look at stills from the series. None of his details are correct. He even has the wrong brand! While the interview was many years after the show, basic information should not be too hard to remember, especially if pictures are available.

'76 Elstree backlot where the Rebel fleet went to die.

Attachments

• ELSTREE-11.jpg
    ELSTREE-11.jpg
    684.6 KB · Views: 124
  • ELSTREE-12.jpg
    ELSTREE-12.jpg
    698.3 KB · Views: 127
  • ELSTREE-13.jpg
    ELSTREE-13.jpg
    665.2 KB · Views: 115
  • ELSTREE-14.jpg
    ELSTREE-14.jpg
    756.7 KB · Views: 117
  • ELSTREE-15.jpg
    ELSTREE-15.jpg
    591.7 KB · Views: 112
  • ELSTREE-16.jpg
    ELSTREE-16.jpg
    579.8 KB · Views: 139
WAY too small.

Actually, it IS the full size ship from the original “Apes” movies/series. The back end was hacked up for “Beneath” and shortened again (with a new rear bulkhead) for “Escape”. The bottom was banged up when they put it in the water off of Zuma Beach and it hit some rocks. It stayed in that condition through the TV series and when it was out at the ranch. I had heard the motel that used it was in either Utah or Arizona, and that it was scrapped after a wildfire had damaged it further.

But it IS the Apes ship.

I would say the flyable Blue Thunder helicopter but I've since found out it didn't fly well at all like that, so the body was removed on the hero bird.
The shell rotted away at Universal Studios, I heard.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back