Props lost or destroyed

Yeah, the sonic screwdriver story really pisses me off. That some [expletive deleted] stole a one of a kind iconic prop like that and probably sold it to some collector infuriates me. I'm surprised there are not even rumors about where it ended up. Oh course, whoever has it can't do too much bragging as it was stolen.

Yeah, the sonic screwdriver story really pisses me off. That some [expletive deleted] stole a one of a kind iconic prop like that and probably sold it to some collector infuriates me. I'm surprised there are not even rumors about where it ended up. Oh course, whoever has it can't do too much bragging as it was stolen.
My fear has always been that it got knocked to the floor at some point and janitor, oblivious to it's Holiest of Who Holies status, swept it up and tossed it in the bin, never to be seen again.

It's just Dr who. Who cares?

Ducks.

Seriously though, the 2001 fans learned early about accepting these kinds of losses.

Attachments

• 2001attachment1.jpg
    2001attachment1.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 50
  • 2001attachment2.jpg
    2001attachment2.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 51
Over the years, I've known folks have all kinds of illegal items they're not supposed to have. A WW2 pilot I knew in Florida in the 90s had an ANM2 .50 caliber heavy machine gun pulled out of the wreck of a P-47 in lake Talquin in Florida in the 50s. The ATF would have smited him as if from the hand of God had they known he had it. I often wonder what happened to it when he passed away a few years back.
One guy I knew who had the door from the race car of a very well-known NASCAR driver, swiped by a friend of his from the track the day after a big race back when they used real doors and not fiberglass bodies, and traded to him for something. He knew it was stolen but hung it in his large garage and when anyone came by and asked if that was real, he'd shrug and say, "Nah..."
Think about folks like us for a minute, though. If someone did have it, and knew it was stolen, they'd just have to say it's a replica of the real one and that would impress many people in this hobby.

I would say the flyable Blue Thunder helicopter but I've since found out it didn't fly well at all like that, so the body was removed on the hero bird.
The shell rotted away at Universal Studios, I heard.
Well, the mockup for closer shots of the actors inside was in the boneyard of the Disney/MGM Studios in the late 80s/early 90s. Probably rotted away to nothing like a lot of the things they left out there in the Florida weather.

My fear has always been that it got knocked to the floor at some point and janitor, oblivious to it's Holiest of Who Holies status, swept it up and tossed it in the bin, never to be seen again.
In those cases, the idiots never realize what they did; even if they were to realize it, they would shrug and say "So? Can't ya just build another?"

This is why stupidity should be painful.

Maybe one for the Knight Rider fans to research but recently, sometime this year, I'm told the tram tour display Kitt caught fire at Universal Studios Hollywood. Cause was the red flasher.

[Scarf man beat me to it, lol]

Amazing news, it looks like the long missing 3' filming model of the original series Starship Enterprise has resurfaced! It was listed on eBay yesterday :-O The auction was pulled shortly after as there are conflicting accounts as to whether the model was stolen or whether Gene Roddenberry gave it away and efforts are being made to connect the seller with the Roddenberry Estate. There's a lot of chatter going on the Facebook Star Trek/Prop forums but there's no doubt it is the real deal built by Richard Datin.

My sincere hope is that it will be returned to the Roddenberry Estate then either donated/loaned to the Smithsonian for restoration and that it will end up on display next to its big sister.

396720161_10223342704291296_3016531187659134273_n.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back