QMX Serenity Model

There going to have it and there enterprise on display at comic con, I'll be taking tons of pics, I want one so bad, I think they were talking about having it around the 500-700 range, but not sure

There going to have it and there enterprise on display at comic con, I'll be taking tons of pics, I want one so bad, I think they were talking about having it around the 500-700 range, but not sure

I think we're looking at $1,000 minimum. The cylon raider model they made is $949 and Serenity is much more complex and intricate. I wouldn't be surprised at a $1500-2000 price tag. But, who knows.

Thanks, and I do " HOPE " you guys lucky enough
to go take LOT'S AND LOT'S of pictures !

Friggin' Economy won't let me get out there,
but I am glad some fine folks here are getting
to go !

So don't feel shy about being shutterbugs fella's !

:lol

Yeah, wolvster! It is a thing of pure beauty! Truly fantastic - or, as my wife said, "Wow, OMG, it's SPECTACULAR" :love

I got to see the master pattern about 2 months ago. It was honestly one of, if not THE, most intricately and beautifully made sci-fi models I have ever seen. QMX has definitely produced a work of art. I wish I made enough money to be able to afford one, because I would make it the centerpiece of my entire prop and model collection. You lucky ba****ds out there who manage to get one, better take lots of pics for me to drool over. :)

Would love to own this beauty but it is going to cost, and I'm still paying back my MR falcon I got shipped across the pond, ah well..maybe :)

I got a REAL good look at it during the Serenity Con in California last November.
Even naked white, you could see the potential and all that glorious detail.
I WILL own a lighty-upy one.

Btw, Wolvster, one of them voices on the phone that day was mine. :)

okay, I'm going to catch hell for this... I've been following this model from day one, and when I saw the finished model something was eating at me. I think the engines look too small! Look at the prototype shots of the resin model before paint. Is it just an illusion with the model in paint? Is it my eyes?

KK

MY EYE'S, MY EYE'S !!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol

{ SORRY, couldn't resist .. }

Yup, an " illusion " is all it is. That painted up version is one
of 10 kit's that was made by me for QMX ! They needed " test shots "
to create some proto's and they ALL came from the same molds !

:cool

One interesting tid-bit, the Engines on the Serenity version of
the ship ARE slightly smaller then the FIREFLY version from the tv show!

{ Yes, I have that mesh to for comparison.. }

No idea why that is, someone design decision I'm sure ? :lol

And they are properly scaled too, I received the ZOIC Mesh of
the SERENITY to create the physical model and all the parts were
created from those files !

Once again, THANKS everyone and I am still hoping for
some PICS' from you lucky guys getting to go to the CON !

:thumbsup

This is definitely one of the most beautiful models I've seen. A great day for Browncoats (and Alliance scum as well) everywhere. Many kudos to all involved.

I too am gonna do whatever I can to get one, but if they go over 1500... I see problems ahead.

Okay, Wolvster!... very funny! So it's not my eyes, they are smaller! I guess I'm used to looking at the TV version more. I looked again at the resin test model on the Shipworks page and, gulp, they still look bigger to me! Going to Lenscrafters, I guess....

KK

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back