QMX Serenity Model

Yeah... yikes. I doubt that they'll sell out of all 1000 at that price. I was really expecting it to be 1000 less. :p

yeah...overpriced

I dunno about that. The MR Falcon was what? $1,500 for the regular edition? This one is signed for all the models and the lighting is a lot more detailed. Plus it has a wireless remote for the lighting (not that that is a huge deal but it's nice.)

1400 people signed on to the waiting list.
I have to wonder if even 10% will be able to pony up twenty-five hundred bucks for the Serenity replica.

You're paying for QMx as a middle man. Basically, QMx can't manufacture anything of this nature on their own, so they hire a model shop to make them a la carte... it's licensed and all that jazz, but you're paying the model shop's price, and QMx. Of course, there's a licensing fee, and QMx wants to make money, but that should explain why it's a lot more than it's "expected" to be. It's a clever idea... I'm the one that came up with it originally, when the company was getting off the ground.

1400 people signed on to the waiting list.
I have to wonder if even 10% will be able to pony up twenty-five hundred bucks for the Serenity replica.

Especially when "this" was the fans' original expectation.

serenity_rev4.jpg

It's not intended to be a mass market appeal thing at that price, but if the quality is there, as in hand made, beautifully finished this is kinda crossing more into the realm of art than collectible IMO. I could see if it were extremely limitted people getting up off the dough for a professional model.

I wish I had that kind of money to toss around.

I won't lie to you, if I had an ulimited supply of scratch at my disposal, I'd be all over it because I do believe the features and quality of this model is worth far more than the MSRP, I just can't budget that much for anything prop related at the moment. I think I'd find a way for a finished 3PO plated mannequin, but not much else right now if you know what I mean?

Well, if the Serenity is $2500 then you can expect the Enterprise to be at least three grand or more. At this point, I'm thinking more... and that totally sucks!

Well, if the Serenity is $2500 then you can expect the Enterprise to be at least three grand or more. At this point, I'm thinking more... and that totally sucks!

I dread that price announcement as well, but I have to wonder if they don't expect to do a much larger run of Enterprises and as such an economy of scale that would actually allow for a lower price per ship.

I also wonder if the Enterprise lighting package will be as complicated as Serenity. I can also see there being fewer parts and a reduced construction time. The paintjob will still be a time consuming thing, tho.

just spitballin'

WHAT! $2500 for a non classic 20" small model, I don't think so.
I wish them all the luck to sell out these, MR barely sold out on some of the more popular ships.

GFollano

I dunno it got a lot better and more expensive at the same time. Its 2495 but minus 500 if you were on the waiting list so 1995 now (not 1400 as a previous post stated) Did the MR falcon have lights? I cant remember? The only killer might be the shipping, i am hoping for free shipping. I was planning on 1000-1500 so its not too far off and its a signature ed. with wireless remote for the light which have programmed lighting effects like the spinning ring and full burn. Plus the plaque is customized with your name as the captain(or any name you want) Its pricey but it dont think unreasonable for 1995.00

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back