Interest Real vintage Browning MKII booster for Obi ANH saber - CANCELED!

Re: Real vintage Browning MKII booster for Obi ANH saber - Accepting deposits NOW

You know, I don't think Odiwan is going to get rich with that, he is just doing a huge favor to all those that are looking for a booster and have the means to pay for it. It's also a lot of work for him to handle all of that.
kudos again Markus for allowing people to get their hands on that :thumbsup

+1 eethan well said, Markus is only trying to help out fellow builders :thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Real vintage Browning MKII booster for Obi ANH saber - Accepting deposits NOW

It's probably a lot of work, but depending upon how many he's got, that's like 30 - 40 grand or so that could come in!! (unless I'm wrong and there's not that many available.) It's certainly not a "favor" though lol... a favor would be just providing them at cost. Which, by the way, I don't think he should. If he found the parts then he's definitely entitled to sell them for whatever he can get. I know I would!

If you read carefully he said that 1100€ will cover the preorder and that he would still need to pre-finance a significant amount out of his own pockets. Then you get shipping costs which will be significant. in the end not much is left for the time he spent doing that and the stress of handling that many orders and expensive items.
anyways, Kudos again Markus, cannot say it enough even if I'm not buying as I clearly don't have the means for that :thumbsup

Believe me, the work alone in separating the very end of this MG from the main body on just one of these is not going to be a 5 minute job. And there are what, 17 or more to do? This is not how Markus makes a living and he is coming out of pocket in a big way to get this going. And that is saying nothing of the personal effort and energy involved. Then there is the logistical mess of all of it. Most importantly, he has provided the very rare opportunity, that you cant really put a price on. Where there was none, now there is some, and for many.
Good man, Markus. Good man.
You all and your boosters are in the best hands.

+1 @eethan well said, Markus is only trying to help out fellow builders :thumbsup

thanks for the support gentlemen.

OF COURSE I'd make a profit, if the deal happens...no reason to deny.
But be assured, that the margin per booster is much less, than you might probably think.
Besides of the costs for the MK2s, I have to calculate transport to me (which will probably cost quite a bit for around 20 Brwonings) and packing materials into the basic costs per item. Add my time for handling, the removal of the jackets (wish me luck!) and packing everything up and you'll end with a "profit", that many wouldn't even bother to raise a finger for.
So no @Jons6357 ... I won't be a rich guy ��

That's one of the reasons, why I explicitely wrote that the buyer has to cover (PP) fees as well. As I learned today, PP charges different percentages of fees for receiving money from different countries. The further the country of my customer, the higher the fees.
I will keep track of the exact amount people paid/ I received. Thanks to all of those, who trust me enough and sent their deposits via friends&family! I am not allowed to ask for it, but this will lower your total amount .

- - - Updated - - -

Let's keep up hope, that my source really has access to a sufficient numbers of Brownings!!! I am so looking forward to the call with the owner next monday.
The "confirmation" I received was given by the secretary... not any of the employees with access to the actual stock

Last edited:

Add my time for handling, the removal of the jackets (wish me luck!) and packing everything up and you'll end with a "profit", that many wouldn't even bother to raise a finger for.
So no @Jons6357 ... I won't be a rich guy
/QUOTE]

Wanna try me? Just let me know who your supplier is and I'll let ya know if I'd raise a finger over it or not ;)
Jokes aside, I'm not throwing shade your way, don't get me wrong. These things are in demand and you deserve to make a lot of money if you actually found some!

When the dust settles, I’d love to hear the backstory on this trove. Minus any sensitive information of course.;)

When the dust settles, I’d love to hear the backstory on this trove. Minus any sensitive information of course.;)

Nothing spectacular to report... just a source with a hopefully (!) large stock of MK2s. At least according to the information given to me so far. More next week :)

wow what a find! potentially

Can’t stop thinking about this...I hope everything goes through!

List updated...please check, if your name is marked down as PAID, if you already sent the deposit.

to all those, who have not send their deposit yet. Please do so until sunday evening, so I have a firm number when it comes to dicussing availability and order details.

Weekend is family time. Please expect the next update early next week

thanks, Markus :)

List updated...please check, if your name is marked down as PAID, if you already sent the deposit.

to all those, who have not send their deposit yet. Please do so until sunday evening, so I have a firm number when it comes to dicussing availability and order details.

Weekend is family time. Please expect the next update early next week

thanks, Markus :)

I sent a deposit, but my name is not marked.

Received an email from the seller... despite his secretary telling me, that he has „sufficient numbers“ for our group buy, he only confirmed availability of about a dozen :(

all those who haven‘t sent their deposit until now, please wait until further notice from me

wish us luck!

p.s.: just was informed, that even parts kits are illegal FS starting on the 01/01.2019 within the EU
so the next two months are probably our last chance to get ahold of what we prop builders need :(

Last edited:

Good Lord! Talk about cuttin it close :unsure

First post updated!
Edited the list to reflect order of payments. Right now I am counting with 12 MK2s to become available to us. Each one less => one person less on the list, deposit will be refunded.

After chatting with the seller yesterday, I already placed my ORDER for the remaining stock of MK2s...waiting for the exact number and my total now.

IMPORTANT:
Due to the fact, that this purchase had to happen in a very short timeframe, I am prefinancing the complete amount now!
Once I know the final numbers, I hereby ask everybody to send their next instalment of 1000 Euro asap.

Will post updates within this thread.

Sorry again for bursting some of your bubbles...I was really hoping for a stock large enough to cover all our needs for a booster.
Still, 10+ at once is a hell of a find IMHO ;)

- - - Updated - - -

In the meantime...here are some pics of the MK2 I have already. HOPING the others will be in similar condition ;)

D3EF6369-57C9-428F-812B-D6334E7A3A77.jpeg6889CC5E-C45E-409B-82E6-3FE2B6E164B8.jpegD28C8733-71D9-4F82-8548-F2236AEE39F3.jpegDF9403CB-3D30-4BBB-B327-C289F9408E02.jpeg6BB49045-39EB-4CF3-A4A1-97F24F5F5863.jpegF6EBB1A7-E253-4EBD-995A-702D67C0D9C4.jpeg37FC9FD3-D41A-4C5C-98DB-C74F1692D78D.jpeg

Thanks for the update date & photos Markus, the MKII looks in amazing condition also thank you for all your time & hard work putting this awesome deal together :thumbsup

I actually misunderstood what you meant, but anyways, my 2nd payment SENT!

For clarification, is the 1000 euro due now?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back