[Rec] 3: Genesis

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
I absolutely LOVED the first [Rec] and seeing [Rec] 3 pop up on Netflix, I felt compelled to watch... and wish I hadn't.

The first movie was truly terrifying and one of the more scary movies I have seen in a long time. This? This movie didn't know what it wanted to be. It struggled between horror, camp and cheese... leaning very strongly toward camp and cheese... and a bit toward a comedy.

Just terrible stuff.

Agreed. That ending...Whoo boy...:facepalm

Actually one of the few shaky cam films that worked. Even the second one was good, which is even rarer.

I loved the first two and still managed to dig the third one a lot. How can anyone not like Sponge John? They tried something different with the third one and I thought it worked. Would have been a little forced to keep the whole thing hand held.
Hopefully the fourth will please the fans of the first two.

I first saw the American version of "Rec", and after finding out it was a remake, I put the original on my Blockbuster queue and really enjoyed it. Plus, I liked Manuela Velasco, the blonde in the original :love I watched the second and liked it, but the third..... yeah, not so much. :unsure

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back