Reebok Stompers and other Aliens themed shoes

IMG20190327124710.jpg
Sorry to necro this, but with 2019 being the 40th anniversary of ALIEN, hopefully we get some goodies from the other films as well.

Edit: I finally got myself one of these horrid things.

Last edited:
IMG_20190327_161151.jpg
Horrid? I LOVE those boots!
Horrid means that facehugger.
Yes I love the boots too.

I have taken a gamble and ordered a pair of the xcoser Stompers and I will will do a compare video with the real Reeboks when these things arrive.

I'm sure it has been discussed already, but I can't seem to find it, so I am asking here.

Does anyone know what the numbers and QR code mean?

The QR code seems to be a 12 X 13 data matrix but none of the QR scanners I have downloaded seem to be able to read it.

IMG20190418113827.jpg
IMG_20190418_114952.jpg
IMG_20190418_122020.jpg
IMG_20190418_122039.jpg
IMG_20190418_114449.jpg
OK with this year being the 40th anniversary of the first Alien movie and Alien Day (4/26) only a few days away,
I thought I'd share my thoughts on these Xcoser reps out of Hong Kong. I ordered a pair of US10 and they arrived today.

Like the other member that had a pair said, you do get what you pay for. Having said that, these are WAY better than the original MAG (aka the V1) we got back in 2011. At least these are the correct(ish) colourway.

No these are no where close to Reebok build quality but I have been a little surprised with what Xcoser have made here.

Delivery was fast, though after service and communication is in need of an overhaul. I actually found they respond fast using messenger on Facebook. The website is not good.

These cost me about $116usd or about $150aud including postage to Australia.
My real Stompers were a bit over $800aud landed.

The real Reebok Stompers are a premium leather, with a solid sole.
The Xcoser Stompers are vinyl and a soft rubber sole. The red line on the bottom is just a tape decal.

To my surprise, these are actually close to the correct height and the fit is close to true size. They feel a little loose, because of the lack of padding and the big elastic strap found on the real shoes, is missing. I will see if I can add my own. Because I wasn't sure about the size, I ordered 10 where my real shoe size (and the real Stompers) are US9.5.

The uppers have a slightly different siloutte with the back sloping away at the same angle as the grey part of the ankle. I actually like the shape of this part better than the real shoe.

The straps are not the best. Minimal velcro and they simply wrap across the front, and do not strap back over themselves like the real pair. I wish they had sewn the shin straps so the stitching was hidden at the attachment point. It makes them look like an afterthought .

Regrets? No. For the price, I think these are great and if you only ever want to display them, add a support inside the shoe (as whilst they do free stand, they are a bit floppy) and add some Reebok decals and they are quite good.
Some images... Enjoy.

That toe box right?

Last edited:
If they get their heads out of their bottoms, they will make enough that they don't sell out within seconds.
A big of the problem with online product sales is the number of people that buy with the intention of flipping for profit.
And because we all live in different time zones, the products may be sold out well before the time you are online.
It is not like you are limited to just one pair per purchase.

So I gave some feedback to Xcoser about their Stompers and they replied with, "thanks, we will pass your comments on, but no, we have no intention of changing our product".

A few weeks ago, I bought myself an industrial sewing machine with a walking foot.
After watching the UHD of the 40th anniversary of Alien, I decided to add an elastic strap inside the xcoser Stompers. Much better now.
IMG_20190422_222222.jpg
IMG_20190422_222159.jpg

Last edited:
Overkill in Germany has them for everyone in Europe. They just went on sale four minutes ago at the turn of midnight. (I got a pair for myself and one for my GF... for the same cost I paid for ONE pair of the previous release, that I later sold!)

Looks like the entire stock at Overkill went in about two hours (there's ONE size left as I write this) and most of the other links are out.

Took longer that I thought it would- either they had more of them this time around or the hype was a lot lower. I was hitting the refresh button as soon as it went live, logged in and ready.

Guess I really have to go build that 1:1 Power Loader I've been wanting to now... : P

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back