Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Pre-release)

I guess I'm headed to the spoilers thread now... was a great, fun ride once it got going. So many darn easter eggs that I want a pop-up versions pointing it all out.

Any other critics I should just straight up ignore? I still can't believe the New Yorker said this, verbatim:
There’s none of the Shakespearean space politics, enticingly florid dialogue, or experiential thrills of the best of George Lucas’s “Star Wars” entries (“Attack of the Clones” and “Revenge of the Sith”).

i just have to see for myself, but I just can't imagine reviews like that being taken seriously.

Ha - the New Yorker. What a joke of magazine. Of course they liked the ridiculous politics of the prequels and don't get the magic of Star Wars. Just a little ironic based of their point of view of the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a beautiful masterpiece with a phenomenal blend of old and new. I can only describe it as a new classic
As Sundowner said, it is phenomenal. An amazing work of art written, directed, and acted beautifully. I will not post spoilers because I didn't want anyone to do that to me. It was absolutely amazing. First movie EVER to make me walk from the theater smiling:)

Alex

As Sundowner said, it is phenomenal. An amazing work of art written, directed, and acted beautifully. I will not post spoilers because I didn't want anyone to do that to me. It was absolutely amazing. First movie EVER to make me walk from the theater smiling:)

Alex

You're lucky then! I had to wait till the theatre was empty so no one could see me crying!

Fortunately, reading comments across the web, it seems to be a relatively common reaction, so no shame!

Apparently the answer is when you leave, to either wear a helmet, or leave your glasses on if you see it in 3D.

You're lucky then! I had to wait till the theatre was empty so no one could see me crying!

Fortunately, reading comments across the web, it seems to be a relatively common reaction, so no shame!

Apparently the answer is when you leave, to either wear a helmet, or leave your glasses on if you see it in 3D.
I wore my sandtrooper helmet to avoid being seen glassy-eyed. I literally almost started crying in the theater.

... We began the night with Tie Fighter crackers, and some adult SW drinks and, of course, blue milk...
IMG_1247.JPGIMG_1248.JPG

...Then we went Rogue.. This is a movie, which will need multiple viewings to thoroughly consider, which is exactly what I plan to do. My first impression though, is that it is a WORTHY addition to the SW universe. Enjoy! ....I will save my very few, tiny, gripes for the spoiler section.

oh man, really?!

Ever since I hit 35 I've gotten teary at the stupidest stuff.

Im gonna fake allergies the whole time before the show starts...

"ohh my nose and eyes are so irritated!"

*watches flick*

*sobbing*

"ohhhhh my nose and eyes are still super irritated!"

I'm going at 1230 tomorrow afternoon to the Movie Tavern, one of those theaters with the big cushy reclining seats with foot rests that serve food, wine, beer, etc. I am so tempted to pop into the spoiler thread to read about the movie, but I want to be surprised tomorrow. Arrgghhh the struggle........

I'm going at 1230 tomorrow afternoon to the Movie Tavern, one of those theaters with the big cushy reclining seats with foot rests that serve food, wine, beer, etc. I am so tempted to pop into the spoiler thread to read about the movie, but I want to be surprised tomorrow. Arrgghhh the struggle........

Man, I wish we had something like that locally. Don't do it! Being surprised is worth it, trust me!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back