Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Pre-release)

LOL Yeah, they updated the theater a few years ago. Really nice. Tickets are the same price. The food is what gets you. Very good, but can be expensive. I got a $30 gift card for them from work so that will cover my food!

I'm trying to stay out. I really am....

I had plans to see it tomorrow with my 2 best buds, but the weather guy says freezing rain tomorrow.
I'm not driving for 2 hours in freezing rain.
So who knows when I'll get to see it now.
Maybe I'll take the family Christmas day, like I did last year for TFA.

I had plans to see it tomorrow with my 2 best buds, but the weather guy says freezing rain tomorrow.
I'm not driving for 2 hours in freezing rain.
So who knows when I'll get to see it now.
Maybe I'll take the family Christmas day, like I did last year for TFA.
You saying there's no cinema within a 1h drive from where you live?!?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I loved it as well. A few small gripes, but pretty much right away it hit me that this was a better film than TFA. Understandably, it is a much more focused, self-contained story with better character development. It was truly awesome seeing OT-era Star Wars back on the big screen. To my own surprise, I also felt that Giacchino’s Rogue One score blew Williams's TFA score out of the water. Save for a few golden moments (Rey's theme, etc.) I think TFA's was too Disney'd up, too sentimental perhaps ... some will argue that it's not a clean comparison though, I'm sure. Anyways, heading over to the Spoiler thread now. GO SEE IT!

Re: Star Wars Standalone Film (Dir: Gareth Edwards)

that's kind of sad.....to be so far away from friends or have no friends to go with u :cry

You saying there's no cinema within a 1h drive from where you live?!?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I remember going with a girl I liked to see ROTS... I had seen it but she hadn't (I played up like it was my first time) - That's how much I liked her... I was willing to sit through ROTS again.

While we waited for it to start, she went on about how she liked the other prequels and didn't like the OT cuz it looked old and crappy.

Now by this time I had pretty much had it with Star Wars, and so didn't get THAT riled up about it...

Then we got back to my place and she saw my collection (it was more of a pop culture collection than props at the time, but still, a lot of really cool stuff.. maquettes, etc.)

She took one look and asked "Why do you have so many toys? It looks like a kids room in here."

I got angrier.

Thn she saw some of my art prints.

"Do you actually watch cartoons?"

"I'm an ANIMATOR!"

And so the night quickly ended.

Long story short, GOOD LUCK @Snikt ! As you can see, I'm completely over that night and not still annoyed by it.

I took my then-girlfriend to the first, opening showing of TPM...her love of that movie spelled the beginning of the end of out relationship... ;)

I just saw it tonight and loved it! I think GE needs to teach JJ some lessons on SW movie making. The only nitpicky thing I had was that for some reason Vader's helmet, in closeups, looked off somehow. Something about the neck I don't know.

Does anyone know...
If Tarkin was a digital overlay or was it a guy with prosthetics? It looked great. The Leia was decent, but not as good as RDJ in Captain America.

Well apparently
They blew all the budget on Tarkin and not much on Leia. Tarkin was very realistic looking. Leia wasn't bad, but was more like what you'd see in an Xbox game.

Should we have a spoiler thread for this now?

Ewoks beat shore troopers and AT-ACT all day....ALL DAY

I like the shoretroopers, but yeah the AT-ACTs and 'tanktroopers' were pretty unnecessary. Just use AT-ATs and standard AT-AT drivers. It also felt a little lazy and weird that all of the new trooper designs had the same chestplate. But anyway, shouldn't this be in the post release thread?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back